B & C Best Named Horse Contest Is Here!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Re: B & C Best Named Horse Contest Is Here!

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Time for the third day's random draw. (I'm using a random number generator in a spread sheet to be sure to get a random selection.)

Today's lucky winners are:
Amy Springsteen
Amanda Haderthauer

Congratulations! Game Points are on the way.

Same time tomorrow there will be another drawing. Everyone who is already entered is eligible (you can win multiple times) plus anybody entering in the next 24 hours.

Good luck to all!
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Ramey Furney
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Ramey Furney »

Sires

Crown Thy King~ Freak Streak~ Fire Strike~ Struck Fire
Malik
Penned in Ink~ corgi
Ghost Pepper

New Sire for Year 47 ~ Sparksfly Wildside
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Time for the fourth day's random draw--six more to go. (I'm using a random number generator in a spread sheet to be sure to get a random selection.)

Tiyoun Long
Zero Smith

Same time tomorrow there will be another drawing. Everyone who is already entered is eligible (you can win multiple times) plus anybody entering in the next 24 hours.

Good luck to all!

Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Time for the fifth day's random draw--six more to go. (I'm using a random number generator in a spread sheet to be sure to get a random selection.)

Carole Hanson
Tyler Simmons

Good luck to all!

Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

lol i think the random button hates me lol
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

Jeb Clampett wrote:Time for the fifth day's random draw--six more to go. (I'm using a random number generator in a spread sheet to be sure to get a random selection.)

Carole Hanson
Tyler Simmons

Good luck to all!
Sweet! Thanks Leonard and Jeb!
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

I had a hard time deciding what to enter here, but ended up going with the apple-for-teacher option. I give you:

The Beagle (Heed My Call x Darwin's Voyage)

Named derived from his dam obviously, just to clear up any potential misunderstandings :)

It's alive!
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I have a few... lets see.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=323199 - Shocking Longshot, because she is.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=322645 - Magick Missile, because everyone's hopefully heard that skit.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=356257 - Quite the Liar, way too easy to come up with.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=346045 - Stand in Battle, maybe he can stand up for his sire in the future :D
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Chris Everett wrote:I have a few... lets see.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=323199 - Shocking Longshot, because she is.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=322645 - Magick Missile, because everyone's hopefully heard that skit.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=356257 - Quite the Liar, way too easy to come up with.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=346045 - Stand in Battle, maybe he can stand up for his sire in the future :D
Chris, I'm entering you in the random drawing, but you need to come up with just one entry for the actual contest. Sorry, I know it's very hard to pick just one (I agonized).

Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Time for the sixth day's random draw--four more to go. (I'm using a random number generator in a spread sheet to be sure to get a random selection.)

Danny Derby
Brooke Ketron

Good luck to all!

Kris Krueger
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kris Krueger »

I see we can do multiple entries so I am offering 1 more (Not sure if he was ever previously entered)

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=330428
DUMBANDIT: Dumbledore/Astonishing Bandit

The first time I saw this horse he made me laugh and I knew I just had to have him. I made an offer to his owner and got no reply. I think he has since left the game. Anyway, Dumbandit turned up in AJ's barn and now he's mine!! Whoot Whoot!

Now tell me honestly..does anyone else out there besides me keep a total screwball around just for the fun of it or am I the only one?

Just this morning he was caught raiding the track kitchen and making off with the lettuce. :x

Oh, I'll work him regularly and maybe even let him race if he stays out of trouble.
He's a gelding but he won't admit it. Still making a nuisance of himself around the ladies. We'll have to work on that.
Matilda Harry
Classic Contender

Post by Matilda Harry »

Kris Krueger wrote:I see we can do multiple entries so I am offering 1 more (Not sure if he was ever previously entered)

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=330428
DUMBANDIT: Dumbledore/Astonishing Bandit

The first time I saw this horse he made me laugh and I knew I just had to have him. I made an offer to his owner and got no reply. I think he has since left the game. Anyway, Dumbandit turned up in AJ's barn and now he's mine!! Whoot Whoot!

Now tell me honestly..does anyone else out there besides me keep a total screwball around just for the fun of it or am I the only one?

Just this morning he was caught raiding the track kitchen and making off with the lettuce. :x

Oh, I'll work him regularly and maybe even let him race if he stays out of trouble.
He's a gelding but he won't admit it. Still making a nuisance of himself around the ladies. We'll have to work on that.
We can't do multiple entries, Chris made a mistake and Jeb explained to him that you can't put in more than one entry.
Kris Krueger
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kris Krueger »

Didn't catch the comment Matilda..no problem. Poor Bandit can't even steal a contest.
Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jeb Clampett »

Matilda, Thanks for clarifying the rules!

To give even more detail: this is just the preliminary collection of entries. It goes on for 10 days to give as many people as possible a chance to notice the contest and to enter. To keep life interesting during this time, we're holding a random draw (on the 35 people entered so far plus anybody else who enters) where two people win 1K GPs each day.
After 10 days, the fun will begin: Each person who has entered the name of only one horse which they own and which has never won in a previous Best Named Horse Contest, will have that one horse entered in one of five preliminary polls where everyone can vote for their pick of "Best Named Horse". There will be prizes for the first 3 horses and the winner of each of the preliminary polls will go on to a final poll, where there will be more prizes, including a first place prize of 30K GPs. (Details to be determined later.) Hope this is clear. If anyone has any questions, please post here or send me a PM.
---------------------------------------------

Time for the seventh day's random draw--three more to go. (I'm using a random number generator in a spread sheet to be sure to get a random selection.)

That random generator seemed to be feeling nostalgic today...Today's lucky winners are both repeat winners:
Zero Smith
Tyler Simmons

Double congratulations to you two! Game Points are on the way.

Good luck to all!
Last edited by Jeb Clampett 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Thank you!
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.