BNH Contest -- Poll #1

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Vote for up to 3 of your favorites -- can change

Poll ended at 11 years ago

Parkyakarkus - Devine Park x We All Dream
9%
The Beagle - Heed My Call x Darwin's Voyage
18%
Bluegrass One - Wave Wave x Bruja
3%
How to Typo - How to Success x Afraid to Lead
14%
Keys to Our Heart - Keys to The City x Amo Ut Invenio
11%
Put Up Your Feet - Work Shoes x Relieve
16%
Puddle Ballet - After It Rains x On Your Toes
20%
West to Blame - West x Blame Shifter
9%

Total votes: 76

Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

BNH Contest -- Poll #1

Post by Jeb Clampett »

This is the first preliminary poll out of five. Please vote! You can vote for up to 3 entries in each poll and can change your vote at any time.

I've copied peoples' comments on their entries for your convenience. (Sorry, I lost some of the formatting) Please take the time to read over the comments. There are some great names that aren't obvious from just the parents' names. Additional posts from all are welcome!

Prizes (how we handle ties will depend on number of ties):

1st place: Go on to final poll + 2K GPs + a free breeding to Star Signs + 45K SIM$
2nd place: 2K GPs + a free breeding to Thundering + 45K SIM$
3rd place: 1K GPs + a free breeding to Coach Cal + 23K SIM$

(prizes adjusted so that stud fee + SIM$ = 80K for first, 60K for second, 40K for third)
---------------------------------------
Comments:

Name: Parkyakarkus
Devine Park/We All Dream

I had a hard time deciding what to enter here, but ended up going with the apple-for-teacher option. I give you:

The Beagle (Heed My Call x Darwin's Voyage)

Named derived from his dam obviously, just to clear up any potential misunderstandings :)

Naming is the main reason I stick around this game.

My favorite name right now is Bluegrass One.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=352004

Named her after seeing a short on yahoo about a banjo maker in Charlotte, NC who carved a banjo for the president.
My entry is How to Typo (How to Success - Afraid to Lead), who is named after her mom and my incapatibility to spell correctly...
I'm not native English speaker and have problems with spellings of some words - like success. Back in when I was naming Typo's dam I don't even remember how I managed to wrote success. Probably something like "sucees", even Steward sent me pm asking me if she could correct the name ^^;; And on top of that, later I found out that the musical she is named after isn't actually wrote in that way (How to succeed in a business without really trying). I had previously decided that names of How to Success' will start with "How to" and after finding out about the misspelling with musical's name I decided name of her first foal....Now only to hope that there won't be spelling mistakes like that and that Typo won't hate me because of her name...
----------------------------------------
Keys to Our Heart http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=370739
filly

Her sire is Keys to The City, so I thought she had to have the words "Keys to" in her name. Her dam's name is Amo Ut Invenio, which means "to love as I find." I thought it over and decided that Keys to Our Heart would be a good name for her because it had "Keys To" in it and it incorporated her mom's name because you can't love without a heart.

-Gina Porter
----------------------------------------
Put Up Your Feet
Work Shoes x Relieve (Guitar)

I chose this name because it combines the sire and dam's names. Like if you just got home from work, you would want to relieve your sore feet by taking off your work shoes. Later you could "put up your feet" and relax while watching TV or playing the SIM.
My entry is

Puddle Ballet
After It Rains x On Your Toes

Just like Swan Lake ... only shallower.
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=370436

West to Blame
(West - Blame Shifter (Blame))

Naming of this filly was really easy.
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)