BNH Contest -- Poll #2

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Vote for up to 3 of your favorites -- can change

Poll ended at 11 years ago

Teye Deye - Tattered x Juleye
10%
Pingwyne - Pingu x Gladwyne
14%
Royal Soil - Something Royal x Dr. Seuss
5%
Justkeepswimming - Going to the Beach x Hold My Fin
18%
Vigoda - Fish x Bookends
12%
Vasily Zaytsev - As to War x Little Babushka
8%
Asthecrowflies - Tattered out of Takethescenicroute
11%
They Did the Mash - Sea Monster x Hurry Up and Dance
22%

Total votes: 73

Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

BNH Contest -- Poll #2

Post by Jeb Clampett »

This is the second preliminary poll out of five.. Please vote! You can vote for up to 3 entries in each poll and can change your vote at any time.

I've copied peoples' comments on their entries for your convenience.(Sorry, I lost some of the formatting) Please take the time to read over the comments. There are some great names that aren't obvious from just the parents' names. Additional posts from all are welcome!

Prizes (how we handle ties will depend on number of ties):

1st place: Go on to final poll + 2K GPs + a free breeding to Florida Keys 30K SIM$

2nd place: 2K GPs + a free breeding to Quite the Feat 35K SIM$

3rd place: 1K GPs + a free breeding to Wizard 33K SIM$
--------------------------------------------
How about . . .
Teye Deye : Tattered x Juleye
Completely NOT named by me, it was through my naming contest, but I LOVED this name from the start - Pingwyne is pronounced "Penguin", and is a mix of his parents' names - "Pingu" and "Gladwyne". Pingwyne galloped "stakes" this year, so I'm really, really hoping he turns into something so that we can all breed to him and have lots of cute Penguin baby names!
I also like to combine the mare and sire to come up with a name, but since the sire is Dr. Seuss I decided it should rhyme.
Something Royal x Dr. Seuss
Royal on Soil
---------------------------------------------
My entry is Justkeepswimming (Going to the Beach x Hold My Fin) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmyUkm2qlhA
---------------------------------------------
This is the story of a horse named Vigoda

I was a junior player when Mike Eaton, knowing that Fish would be pensioned soon, had a two-day special on Fish's Stud fee. Now, when some people hear the word fish, they might think these guys:

but being more of a late 70's/early 80's child than a 90's kid, I think of this guy:

which, for those unfamiliar with 70's t.v. shows, is Phil Fish, a character on the Barney Miller show who was played by Abe Vigoda. (As an aside, Abe Vigoda, at the time of this writing, is NOT dead. If you want to check yourself, just go to http://www.abevigoda.com which I believe is updated daily with Abe's status).

Anyway, when I found out that Fish had close to 300 offspring, and not one named after Abe Vigoda, I knew I had to do something about that. The problem was that I was just a junior player with a total of one turf router mare, who while is formidable, was not a good cross with Fish - hence Vigoda has not yet hit the board in his six very low level claiming races (to date).
-----------------------------------------------------
Vasily Zaytsev (As to War x Little Babushka)
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=351388

Vasily Zaytsev was a Soviet sniper during World War II, notable particularly for his activities during the Battle of Stalingrad
----------------------------------------------------
Asthecrowflies by Tattered out of Takethescenicroute

Self explanitory...tear up the map and instead of taking the scenic route, you're going "as the crow flies"
----------------------------------------------------
They Did the Mash - Sea Monster x Hurry Up and Dance, I was bummed my first choice for this filly's name was taken, but I like this better since it makes you have to think.

[Jeb: Once I starting humming it, I just had to hear it...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeZftK2kO6U]
----------------------------------------
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)