BNH Contest -- Poll #3

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Vote for up to 3 of your favorites -- can change

Poll ended at 11 years ago

Pizza She Ate - Perfect Night x Fertilizer
12%
Dachshund Dave - Nolineonthehorizon - Sloppy Seconds
10%
Bill Nye - Scientist x Dubacilla
26%
Supersonicfreefall - Quicker Than Light x Sonic Boomer
15%
Dreamersoftheday - Hand of God x Sweet Surrende
7%
Buy me I'm cheap - Ruler Of All x Worldly Belle
7%
Fact or Fantasy - Andre x Science Fiction
11%
You Are The One - Mr Right x Special
12%

Total votes: 73

Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

BNH Contest -- Poll #3

Post by Jeb Clampett »

This is the third preliminary poll out of five.. Please vote! You can vote for up to 3 entries in each poll and can change your vote at any time.

I've copied peoples' comments on their entries for your convenience. (Sorry, I lost some of the formatting) Please take the time to read over the comments. There are some great names that aren't obvious from just the parents' names. Additional posts from all are welcome!

Prizes (how we handle ties will depend on number of ties):

1st place: Go on to final poll + 2K GPs + a free breeding to Ode To The Skies + 55K SIM$
2nd place: 2K GPs + a free breeding to Quite the Feat + 35K SIM$
3rd place: 1K GPs + a free breeding to The Birthright + 35K SIM$
-----------------------------------
Comments:

I like to use sire and dam names to create foal names...but man...what to do when ya have a mare called Fertilizer?

She was one of my oldest mares, and even though her prior foals hadn't done much, I thought, 'What the heck I'll breed her one more time'.
I decided on Perfect Night for the sire.

Then I thought of a name. 8) :twisted:

Perfect Night
x Fertilizer
--------------
Pizza She Ate

*if you don't get it upon first reading...say it kind of fast out loud*

If she wins this contest..it might be the only things she will win. :wink:
But too, I think it would be great if she was a freak and the Steward had to call her name in a stretch run....lol.

Someone else, also noted that fertilizer and 'good weed' share a common name and on a perfect night with some 'good stuff' a person could get the munchies for a pizza.

Stormy
--------------------------------------
Dachshund Dave
Nolineonthehorizon - Sloppy Seconds

I named this horse after the alter ego of my dachshund Roxy. While Roxy is quiet, cuddly, and beautiful, basically dachshund perfection personified, Dachshund Dave barks at strangers ( and the mailman, birds, squirrels and anything else outside) leaves presents in the living room, and is often... how to put this delicately... we'll say overly amorous towards the other dogs, their toys, the couch pillows and even the occasional unsuspecting human leg ( or arm if they're sitting down). So when I saw the dams name was Sloppy Seconds what could I do?

He might never win anything but I will keep him forever, cause the name makes me smile :D
---------------------------------------
This is my entry.

Bill Nye - Scientist x Dubacilla

Scientist needed a son named after one of the most beloved scientists of all time. I spent many mornings sitting and watching his show on TV, and many more mornings watching in on a TV in school.
---------------------------------------
Supersonicfreefall
Quicker Than Light x Sonic Boomer

Supersonic free fall is just fun to say fast!! lol

anyway, i came up with the name after the whole Red Bull Strato's thing ended with Felix jumping from like 24 miles up and hitting supersonic speeds in free fall. And with a dam with the name Sonic Boomer and a sire with a name of Quicker Than Light, it just fit.
----------------------------------------------
Dreamersoftheday
Hand of God x Sweet Surrender (Perfect Night)
This is actually a reference from the game Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception where at the beginning the final quote you hear before the music enters is 'for the dreamers of the day, are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible. This I did'
Start from 1:47 until 2:20 to hear the quote, it still sends chills down my back whenever I hear it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKOLyVD2wQY
---------------------------------------------------
Fact or Fantasy dkb.f.1 - 17
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=343626

Andre x Science Fiction (Fact Not Fiction)

This is my Nursery lease filly from last year. I am a big ol Science Fiction buff. In my stable you will see quite a few references to Robert Heinlein, The Guild(webseries) Star Trek, Star Wars, Dr. Who, etc. It keeps me amused and some of my best namings have resulted in my best horses. aka Wil Wheaton and Geonosis. I took a philosophical view on the naming of this stakes galloping filly. When I saw the name "Andre" I thought of "Andre Norton" a science fiction author. Mix that thought with the mare and damsires names and out pops "Fact or Fantasy".
---------------------------------------------
I'll put forward my filly:

You Are The One - By Mr Right out of Sounds Special
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)