BNH Contest -- Poll #5

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Vote for up to 3 of your favorites -- can change

Poll ended at 11 years ago

Attractive Cousin - Tattered x Hot Monkey Love
14%
Mine Mine Mine - Mine Those Stars x Mine In Spirit
24%
Sliced Apple - Tattered x Talkin' New York
13%
Salmon Chase - The Grand x Yellowstone Fire
11%
Malarky Fire - Fire x Fast As You
9%
Wonder Sleeps Here- Lanarkshire x Scalding
8%
The Hammer - Hockey Mafia x Raining Fire
12%
Athanor - Woodbine x Princess Hanover
9%

Total votes: 76

Jeb Clampett
Eclipse Champion

BNH Contest -- Poll #5

Post by Jeb Clampett »

This is the fifth and final preliminary poll. Please vote! You can vote for up to 3 entries and can change your vote at any time.

I've copied peoples' comments on their entries for your convenience. (Sorry, I lost some formatting) Please take the time to read over the comments. There are some great names that aren't obvious from just the parents' names. Additional posts from all are welcome.

Prizes (how we handle ties will depend on number of ties):

1st place: Go on to final poll + 2K GPs + a free breeding to Florida Keys + 30K SIM$
2nd place: 2K GPs + a free breeding to Quite the Feat + 35K SIM$
3rd place: 1K GPs + a free breeding to Thundering + 25K SIM$

(prizes adjusted so that stud fee + SIM$ = 80K for first, 60K for second, 40K for third)

------------------------------------
Comments:

Attractive Cousin
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=327006

Tattered x Hot Monkey Love (Gio Ponti)

The town of Shelbyville (borders the town of Springfield) was founded by a group of settlers who yearned for the freedom to marry their cousins. This filly is named with influence from both parents - the dam represents what a Shelbyville resident would like to do with their Attractive Cousin, and the sire represents the genetic makeup of the potential offspring.
----------------------------------------
Mine Mine Mine

Mine Those Stars x Mine In Spirit

At first I just kept repeating Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine due to the sire and dam's names, then I realized *lightbulb* this little bit --which I think is the funniest part of Disney's "Finding Nemo"--- made perfect sense!

----------------------------
Sliced Apple
Tattered x Talkin' New York

The classic "name it after the parents" foal :D Tattered = Sliced. New York = Big Apple.
-----------------------------
Salmon Chase
I acquired this wow/stakes galloping yearling for only $10K from Eric Nalbone.
Salmon Chase is on the $10K (USA currency) bill.
---------------------------------
Malarky.

With all the negative campaigning done in the presidential elections there wasn’t much related to the campaigns that would have brought a smile to my face. One of the few moments that did was during the VP debate when (as I recall it, anyway) Ryan and Biden actually briefly laughed together while defining the term ‘malarky’ for the moderator. Given all the negativity, a moment of shared laughter stuck out in my mind. It was the first thing that popped into my head while trying to find a name for this 'special' galloping filly.

Added bonus, Malarky has already managed to mess with The Steward's head. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26555
--------------------------------
I didn't breed this girl, but I did name her.

Wonder Sleeps Here
Lanarkshire x Scalding (Piston)

Being by Lanarkshire, I decided I had to go with something Scottish (I ended up disregarding the mare's name entirely). My favorite band happens to hail from Scotland so this girl is named after one of my favorite songs by them. And it sounds pretty :]
----------------------------------
I present
The Hammer
Hockey Mafia x Raining Fire

Name after Dave "The Hammer" Schultz, on the Flyers 73 and 74 stanley cup team. Hold the record for the most penalty minutes in a season. Also recorded an song "Penalty Box".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9lkXnpm9Q
----------------------------------
Hello all,

ATHANOR http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=333897
Standardbred-Trotter colt
by Woodbine and Princess Hanover
Named cause his half-brother FEU NOIR, my first real hope to win a good race... :lol:
The black fire ("feu noir") is created in athanor by alchemists
"Luck is my middle name," said Rincewind, indistinctly.
"Mind you, my first name is Bad."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)