Name My Foals - Year 35

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Name My Foals - Year 35

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

This popular contest is back for the sixth year running!

Naming Spreadsheet - NOTE: THIS IS NOT UPDATED FOR YEAR 35 YET. To find my foals, please do a search in-game for horses owned by me that are age "0".

Rules & Notes

1. Submit ALL names via in-game PM. This will prevent other players from using the names you suggest before I have a chance to look at them and consider the names.
2. Please don't take offense if I don't choose your name(s); this game is all in fun!
3. You will be paid out winnings as soon as the contest is over, after yearling gallops next year (Year 36).
4. You may still submit names without specific pedigrees in mind, but those will only pay $500 this year (see below).
5. When submitting specific foal names, please include a FULL LINK to the foal so that I know who you are referring to.

Ways to Get Money

1. Submit a name for a specific foal, and the name is accepted by me (or I choose to use that name for a different foal) --> $1,000
2. Submit a name as part of a list of suggestions, and I use that name for one of my foals --> $500
3. A foal that you are credited with naming from Year 35 gallops "Wow" or "Stakes" in first Year 36 gallop --> $5,000*
4. A foal that you are credited with naming from Year 35 gallops "Scary" or "Special" in first Year 36 gallop --> $10,000*
5. The person who has the largest "bankroll" from this contest will "win" a bonus --> $50,000

*If for some reason gallop comments change for next season, I reserve the right to adjust these prize figures to reflect the equivalent gallop comments.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Re: Name My Foals - Year 35

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I just finished breeding for the year, so I will start creating the spreadsheet and actually naming horses. Many thanks for your patience as I worked through this, and I appreciate the names you have sent in so far! While they may appear "unread", I'm getting them via email and checking them all out that way. Once you see that your message has actually been "read", that means I have completely considered all names that were submitted within that message.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I know, I know, I'm absolutely awful! I promise I'll update ASAP. I've had a crazy few weeks, but I'm finally finished with everything, so I'll be starting to name babies. Please do keep those names coming in, and I promise we'll finish up NO LATER than Week 4 (but hopefully MUCH earlier)!
Inspiration Stud
Meg Molin
Sprinter

Post by Meg Molin »

I sent you a few =)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Some of you may have noticed that I've been steadily going through names this week. Anyone who was waiting to send in names, in case a horse was already going to be named, can start sending in names via in-game PM! Please do make sure that you check via the "Search" function to see if names are still available. We're really breezing through names this year, so the earlier you send in names, the better chance you have of earning prizes!
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I hate the new Google Docs as it won't let me update without totally messing everything up. Because of this, I can't post the full spreadsheet anymore. However, the standings are as follows:
  • Brooke Ketron
Naming $106,000 | Gallops $145,000 | TOTAL $251,000
  • Kelley Wachter
Naming $41,000 | Gallops $15,000 | TOTAL $56,000
  • Christophe Desjardin
Naming $20,000 | Gallops $30,000 | TOTAL $50,000
  • Amanda Pote
Naming $19,000 | Gallops $25,000 | TOTAL $44,000
  • Tyler Simmons
Naming $9,000 | Gallops $15,000 | TOTAL $24,000
  • Emma Summer
Naming $7,000 | Gallops $10,000 | TOTAL $17,000
  • Shayna Cross
Naming $3,000 | Gallops $5,000 | TOTAL $8,000
  • Radical Edward
Naming $5,000 | TOTAL $5,000
  • Darcy McBride
Naming $3,000 | TOTAL $3,000
  • Meg Molin
Naming $1,000 | TOTAL $1,000
Inspiration Stud
Brooke Ketron
Miler

Post by Brooke Ketron »

Dear lord. I should probably stop sending in names now.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

But your names are AWESOME! :D
Inspiration Stud
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

Brooke Ketron wrote:Dear lord. I should probably stop sending in names now.
It's called "crushing the competition" Brooke! ;) looks my comeback has seriously been thwarted!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

And Kelley's names rock, too!

There are still around 100 unnamed yearlings left, so that means there's at least $150,000 in prize money, with possibly lots more, depending on gallops.
Inspiration Stud
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

I just laugh because I'm the only one who earned less on gallops than on naming...
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

All now-yearlings are named! Congratulations to Brooke Ketron, who absolutely WALLOPED the competition. She defeated second-place Kelley Wachter by around $400,000 in prize money. This year I'll be distributing well over $700,000 to those who competed in this contest. Thank you to all participants, and good luck in Year 36!
Inspiration Stud