Steward's Year 38 Derby Contest!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Steward's Year 38 Derby Contest!

Post by The Steward »

The best-bred and fastest-working juveniles in the game have almost all been unleashed on the SIM, and they have posted high speed figures and excessive winning margins. What does this have to do with the Year 38 Louisville Derby?

In Year 28, 70% of the 20 runners had broken their maidens by Week 10 Friday, and 80% by Week 11 Friday. In Year 29, 80% of the runners had won by Week 10 Friday, and 90% by Week 11 Friday.

That means we can guess that nearly all of next year's Derby field is already out there somewhere. There are already 1,000+ juveniles that have won this year. Can you pick out the 20 that will make it to the Derby?

Think of this as a year-out Triple Crown Trail where you pick all 20 horses. You must make your selections by Saturday, January 4th at 12 pm Pacific.

EMAIL (use the contact us link on every SIM page!!!) me with your 20 Derby horses in alphabetical order for NEXT year. For every horse you have on your list that ends up in the race, you will get a point. Whoever gets the most points, there is a pot of 50,000 Game Points waiting. It will be divided amongst multiple winners if there are any.

Don't forget to check out fillies and horses entered for Week 12 +13!

Please just list the horses
Horse
Horse
Horse

Instead of saying Horse, Horse, Horse in list format, or

1. Horse
2. Horse

Just alphabetical names are better! Then I can just paste it into Excel. Thanks!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Re: Steward's Year 38 Derby Contest!

Post by The Steward »

Congratulations to ANDREW JAMES! He picked TEN of the 20 entrants! For a long time I thought it was going to be a Tie of the Lauras, because Laura Ferguson and Laura Smith both picked 9, but the last person I checked was Andrew and bam! 10! I'm sending over your prize now :-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Steward's Year 38 Derby Contest!

Post by Andrew James »

Wow! Thank you! Humbled.

--- Insert my 5 minute too long NHC champion at the eclipse award speech here ----
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time