Y45 Different Career Challenge

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Re: Y45 Different Career Challenge

Post by Ash Tarasin »

We could let go of a random mile race w7. It should be possible to create two mile races w9 and w11, no?
Another possibility would be to have a 3yo DC stand-in racing over the mile w7, but there may not be an abundance of 3-yo different careers around. :)
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Garret, maybe send a help desk email through the Contact Us form? I know miler races open W7, and I don't see why you couldn't create a race during that time. It might be that you can't create the race until closer to the time (since miles aren't available for 2yos at the beginning of the year). She might be able to hand code those for you.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I talked to Em and you cannot create Miler races during Week 7. I tried Week 8 and it didn't seem to be an option there either. It was offered to card the races for this year, but it would be a 1 time thing, and I'd like to make this an annual thing. I thought about getting rid of the mile races, or running it at 7 1/2 furlongs (close to a mile).
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Some people are not following instructions, and there are a few outside trainers who have entered horses not on the list. Race B is already full for Week 1, and I still need to enter my horse.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Should be good to go Maddie. I didn't realize the link for the first race A is actually to race B and entered race B. Whoops!
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Yeah, i'll scratch one from race A if needed to let someone else run theirs- I couldn't enter the specified one in race B as it was already full when i got around to it.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Pam Maier
Derby Contender

Post by Pam Maier »

Is there a way we can ask the people who didn't enter in here to leave the race?

As of now Benard Kowk is entered two horses in Race B that are not suppose to be in there and in race A it's Xander and Kwok again.
"‹Ali Hedgestone› OMG.. I'm famous enough to be in a SIM forum signature. Add that to the hudderites who think I'm a minor celebrity and my week has been made"
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

Turned out to be more trouble than I thought it would be
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

Is there any way you can use the contact us or send a straight PM to whomever is in charge and have them restrict it to the details for the race?....otherwise it really isn't worth running cause the horses that aren't supposed to be in there are likely better and will win defeating the purpose of the game....I'd rather just scratch and send the horse back to its owner
My Sires:
Pam Maier
Derby Contender

Post by Pam Maier »

I message Kwok and explained the contest and asked him if he would consider pulling out. No response yet. The fun is kind of being pulled out of it because of it. Is there a way the Admin could restrict the horses able to enter like the pegasus?
"‹Ali Hedgestone› OMG.. I'm famous enough to be in a SIM forum signature. Add that to the hudderites who think I'm a minor celebrity and my week has been made"
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

There is still one In Race B that doesn't belong...Doug Cuomo's Swift As Silence.....is there any way we can get him to scratch?
My Sires:
Pam Maier
Derby Contender

Post by Pam Maier »

Bernard has pulled his horses out of it, now xander and Doug are the ones that don't belong
Pam Maier
Derby Contender

Post by Pam Maier »

Race B is ready for the last three entries!
Race A is ready for two out of the three entries! I can pull mine for this round if anybody hasn't gotten in
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Sorry everyone, I was away all weekend and didn't get to check on this. I had messaged everyone that wasn't signed up, but had entered. Not sure if they got out of the race or not.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I apologize again for the issues getting this off the ground. What I'm going to do is keep the original schedule, and make the races as long as possible (7 or 7 1/2 Furlongs) for the Week 7 Mile race. Again, it's not ideal, and I know people have already missed a race. Every horse that missed a race has been given 2 points for the first race.

Here is a quick and ugly version of the standings...

Freaking Blue Hen Ali Hedgestone 12
Queen Ruler Madelene Gilbert 12
Gotta Break Away Jack Meyer 11
Legendary Lily Karl Smythe 11
Bonded Serf Ali Hedgestone 10
The Author Garret Folsom 10
A Taste for War Mark Branch 9
Dc No Shan State 9
Hialeah Karl Smythe 8
Ali's Bond Pam Maier 8
Chromed Pursuit Ash Tarasin 7
Dc Yes Shan State 7