Lord Awesome foal name contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Lord Awesome foal name contest

Post by Erica Olson »

Just for fun, I'm holding a contest for any foals sired by Lord Awesome, my Trotter stallion, this year whose names start with "Lord" or "Lady." For example, "Lord Cavendish" (a fast 2y/o son of his I just started racing), or "Lady Awesome" (no horses are named this yet, but it would not win my contest since it's not very creative!).

There will be separate $50,000 prizes for the best colt and filly names, judged by me. (And based on the # of participants, I may have $$ for 2nd and 3rd as well). The names might be funny, or dignified, or based on a clever combination with the dam's name, etc. Whatever you can come up with!

This year's foals=Year 45 yearlings. The contest will remain open until after Gallop Day of Year 45 so that those who choose to hold off on naming their horses until after gallops may do so. Also, you don't need to send me a message or anything to enter after you've named your foal. I'll get the names off Lord Awesome's offspring list.
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: Lord Awesome foal name contest

Post by Erica Olson »

Just a reminder about this contest. :) So far, there are only 2 "Ladies" and 4 "Lords," so you still have a great chance at that prize money if you want to get in on the action! And I will hold off on judging it in the first 2-3 weeks of next year so that people with unnamed yearlings have a chance to name them after gallops come in.
Pacer Studs:
Highland Billy - 15K
Stars Burning - 8K

Trotter Studs:
Viceroy - 5K