Y46 Different Career Challenge

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Y46 Different Career Challenge

Post by Garret Folsom »

It's Coming back. The 2 Year-Old Different Career Challenge will be returning for a 2nd year.

For those of you unfamiliar, It’s a 9 race series running throughout Year 45. There will be one race for each of the different surface/distance combinations, available for 2YO horses that galloped “Different Career”. To be eligible, you must nominate your horse below with proof that your horse has galloped Different Career. Each person can nominate no more than 2 horses. The races will be claiming races with the max tag that can be put on them. This is limited to the first 12 that are nominated.

The races will award points for finishing positions as follows 12 for 1st, 11 for 2nd, 10 for 3rd…you get the picture, all the down to 1 point for 12th. The highest score after the 9 race schedule will be crowned the Champion of the Different Career Challenge, and hopefully there will be some donated prizes available to be won.

The schedule will be as follows:

Week 1 Day 1 - Dirt Sprint - Race A, Race B, Race C
Week 3 Day 1 - All Weather Sprint - Race A, Race B, Race C
Week 5 Day 1 - Turf Sprint - Race A, Race B, Race C
Week 7 Day 1 - All Weather Mile (Actually a long sprint because of limitations) - Race A, Race B, Race C
Week 9 Day 1 - Dirt Mile - Race A, Race B, Race C
Week 11 Day 1 - Turf Mile - Race A, Race B, Race C
Week 13 Day 1 - Dirt Route - Race A, Race B, Race C
Week 15 Day 1 - All Weather Route - Race A, Race B, Race C
Week 16 Day 5 - Turf Route - Race A, Race B, Race C

All races will be open claimers with a $10,000 purse, meaning $90,000 will be on the line for horses that would normally would struggle to earn $100.

It will require the use of $9,000 game points per 12 horses entered, which I will put up enough for 1 round of races, but if you would like to help with that cost, or offer up a prize/reward that would be great. Check out your yearlings and see if you have anything that fits the criteria.

There are possible issues with someone entering a horse that is not part of the contest, or a horse being claimed (hopefully the high claiming tag will take care of half of those concerns). Hopefully that won’t be an issue, or that person can be convinced to scratch a horse that isn’t part of the contest.

Nominations are now open, and I'll start with my two:

Zeke's Ahead

Y45-W3-D4 Trainer: 'Zeke's Ahead' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W3-D1 Galloped
Y45-W3-D1 Trainer: I wasn't too impressed with Zeke's Ahead's gallop. Hopefully, he will show some improvement next time, or he may never see a starting gate!

and

Bolt Ankle

Y45-W3-D1 Trainer: I wasn't too impressed with Bolt Ankle's gallop. Hopefully, he will show some improvement next time, or he may never see a starting gate!
Y45-W2-D3 Galloped
Y45-W2-D3 Trainer: 'Bolt Ankle' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Last edited by Garret Folsom 7 years ago, edited 8 times in total.
Dawn Palka
Miler

Re: Y46 Different Career Challenge

Post by Dawn Palka »

I would like to nominate F L O T U S for the turf route and Cool Disco Dan for the turf sprint.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I am all out of my own Different Careers, but if anyone has any extras I would love to lease some!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I'll play again! This has been fun.

www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=787611
Y45-W4-D5 Trainer: 'Horse 1468976257' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=794492
Y45-W4-D5 Trainer: 'Horse 1469850326' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Masaya Stable
Miler

Post by Masaya Stable »

1)Tournement Race
Y45-W8-D7 Trainer: 'Horse 1464151371' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W8-D5 Galloped
Y45-W8-D5 Trainer: I wasn't too impressed with Horse 1464151371's gallop. Hopefully, she will show some improvement next time, or she may never see a starting gate!

Y45-W9-D4 Renamed Horse 1464151371 to Tournement Race

2)Y45-W9-D4 Renamed Horse 1464151850 to Tournement Games
Y45-W9-D4 Galloped
Y45-W9-D4 Trainer: 'Horse 1464151850' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W8-D7 Galloped
Y45-W8-D7 Trainer: 'Horse 1464151850' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W8-D5 Galloped

I can help sponcery a race. I suggest that each player sponcery a race that everyone will be fair to everyone.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Maddie, I have some. I'll pull them together and get you a couple.
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

I have two also....

Brother Stuart - http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=782264

Y45-W9-D4 Galloped
Y45-W9-D4 Trainer: 'Brother Stuart' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W9-D1 Galloped
Y45-W9-D1 Trainer: I wasn't too impressed with Brother Stuart's gallop. Hopefully, he will show some improvement next time, or he may never see a starting gate!
Y45-W8-D5 Galloped
Y45-W8-D5 Trainer: 'Brother Stuart' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W8-D3 Galloped
Y45-W8-D3 Trainer: 'Brother Stuart' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W7-D7 Galloped
Y45-W7-D7 Trainer: 'Brother Stuart' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W7-D5 Galloped
Y45-W7-D5 Trainer: 'Brother Stuart' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W7-D3 Galloped
Y45-W7-D3 Trainer: I wasn't too impressed with Brother Stuart's gallop. Hopefully, he will show some improvement next time, or he may never see a starting gate!

Eben Zabeel - http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=774483

Y45-W9-D4 Trainer: I wasn't too impressed with Eben Zabeel's gallop. Hopefully, he will show some improvement next time, or he may never see a starting gate!
Y45-W4-D5 Galloped
Y45-W4-D5 Trainer: I wasn't too impressed with Eben Zabeel's gallop. Hopefully, he will show some improvement next time, or he may never see a starting gate!
Y45-W4-D2 Galloped
Y45-W4-D2 Trainer: I wasn't too impressed with Eben Zabeel's gallop. Hopefully, he will show some improvement next time, or he may never see a starting gate!
Y45-W3-D7 Galloped
Y45-W3-D7 Trainer: I wasn't too impressed with Eben Zabeel's gallop. Hopefully, he will show some improvement next time, or he may never see a starting gate!
Y45-W3-D4 Galloped
Y45-W3-D4 Trainer: 'Eben Zabeel' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W3-D2 Galloped
Y45-W3-D2 Trainer: 'Eben Zabeel' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Here is a listing of Different Career Gallopers that I have available, if you want to play, but don't have any for yourself.

AW Routers:
Another Bye Bye - Telvanni X Bye and Bye (I'll Have Another)
Cal For Today - King For Today X Magic Cal (Coach Cal)
Count Riften - Riften X Countless Lisl (I'll Have Another)
Killian Hook - LIl' Penny X Cursed Fog (Yes)
Lil C' - Lil' Penny X Center C (D's Hercules)
Max Runs Bayou - Max Bluegrass X Run to the Bayou (Bayou Bond)
Messy Tessie - D's Excaping X Just Sit Down (Standout)
Monday at Sunday - King for Today X Sunday Gallop (Perfect Sunday)
Move Telvanni - Telvanni X Red Magic Mover (Augmented)
Mutilator Mason - Coached Words X Oh Mercy Me (Synthetic Strength) Claimed
No Time Like Now - Discovery Moment X Got No Life (Annihilating)
Pillow King - King for Today X Sparkley Blankey (Augmenting)
Princess of Power - Another Privilege X Princess of Magic (King for Consent)
Riftola - Riften X Marvola (Riddle)
Rosie Ruiz - King for Today X Ran for Days (Run Tell That)
Sharyn - Tortoring X Inarguable (Yes)
Vasquez Rocks - Riften X Walking On Coal (Perfect Sunday)
Zumela - Philomathic X Escape From Dreams (King of Consent)

Dirt Routers:
Legend Temple - Leviathan X Hidden Cat (Caldron)
Suspicious Fire - Man of Mystery X Fire in Hell (Ice and Fire)

Turf Routers:
Bank One Ballpark - Chavez Ravine X Life in the Desert (Desert Eagle)
Heavin' Steven - Jack Frost X Romaine (At Large)
North Shattering - Moon Shattering X Northern Girl (Untamed Princess) Claimed
Peanutbutterspoon - If You Talk X Hiccups (Noah)
Royal Discussion - If You Talk X Atlantic Royalty (Nipote Di Atlante)
Xixie - Dwight Eisenhower X Try Five Times (Committee of Five)

AW Sprinter:
Isiah Lord - Zeke X Winter Stories (Tabloid) Claimed
Last edited by Garret Folsom 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Marc Plouffe wrote:1)Tournement Race
Y45-W8-D7 Trainer: 'Horse 1464151371' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W8-D5 Galloped
Y45-W8-D5 Trainer: I wasn't too impressed with Horse 1464151371's gallop. Hopefully, she will show some improvement next time, or she may never see a starting gate!

Y45-W9-D4 Renamed Horse 1464151371 to Tournement Race

2)Y45-W9-D4 Renamed Horse 1464151850 to Tournement Games
Y45-W9-D4 Galloped
Y45-W9-D4 Trainer: 'Horse 1464151850' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W8-D7 Galloped
Y45-W8-D7 Trainer: 'Horse 1464151850' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-W8-D5 Galloped

I can help sponcery a race. I suggest that each player sponcery a race that everyone will be fair to everyone.
I'd rather have myself create all of the races, but if people want to donate Game Points to help create the races, that would be great.
Shan State
Sprinter

Post by Shan State »

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=779772
Y45-Preseason Trainer: 'Horse 1466037094' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?

Y45-W9-D4 Renamed Horse 1466037094 to Iron Ogre

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=791797
Y45-Preseason Trainer: I wasn't too impressed with Horse 1469560565's gallop. Hopefully, she will show some improvement next time, or she may never see a starting gate!

45-W9-D4 Renamed Horse 1469560565 to Dewa
Last edited by Shan State 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Garrett, could I reserve Mutilator Mason? I'm still looking at your list for my second pick...
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I will nominate American Arrow: Y45-W9-D3 Trainer: 'American Arrow' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options? http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=796531- dirt router

and TV Doc: Y45-W8-D3 Galloped
Y45-W8-D3 Trainer: 'T.v. Doc' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=778293- turf miler

and after GP 1/2 day I'll donate 2000 GPs toward the cause
I'm just here for the fun of it
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I would like to nominate:

Run Zombies
Y45-W9-D4 Trainer: 'Run Zombies' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?

Night Bright
Y45-W9-D4 Trainer: 'Night Bright' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?

I will also donate 100K SIM$ and 5 GPs

I also have some extra Different Career yearlings if anyone is interested:
Becky - Turf Router
Daring Evil - Turf Mile
Dem Riddles - AW Route
Double Dealer - Turf Sprinter
Lucky Day - Dirt Mile
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pam Maier
Derby Contender

Post by Pam Maier »

I will play again!

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=780770
8-D6 Trainer: 'Sea Draco' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-Preseason Gelded
Y45-Preseason Galloped
Y45-Preseason Trainer: 'Sea Draco' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=775412
-W8-D6 Trainer: 'Mow You Down' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?
Y45-Preseason Gelded
Y45-Preseason Galloped
Y45-Preseason Trainer: 'Mow You Down' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?

I have extra DC as well..most are TR's
"‹Ali Hedgestone› OMG.. I'm famous enough to be in a SIM forum signature. Add that to the hudderites who think I'm a minor celebrity and my week has been made"
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

[quote="Lori Hamill"]I would like to nominate:

Run Zombies
Y45-W9-D4 Trainer: 'Run Zombies' looked a little stiff and awkward out there today. Have you thought about other career options?

I just want Run Zombies to win since I am totally and annoyingly hooked on zombies
I'm just here for the fun of it