The Daily Mare Contest ( Contest Still On)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

The Daily Mare Contest ( Contest Still On)

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

Okay today I found myself bored nd what do I do when I am bored well I throw a totally unselfish (hahahahaha) Contest
So what will this contest be ????

This is a selfish a contest as can be and I a throwing it partly cos I am bored and partly because I am not a very good breeder and I need take a step back and more carefully choose what sire to breed my mares to and this is where all of you get to help me out if you want to
Yes I am very well ware of the fact that I could do this without the prizes and the awesome people of the sim would still help me out but take this is my way of saying thanks to all of the sim for being such a great game and such a great bunch of people
The sim is so much more Than just a game now it is almost like a way of life

Welll as the Headline says It is Called The Daily Mare and that means that I each day will pick one of my own breeding mares and post it below now it is up to you contestants to pick the sire you think suits my mare best and either mail me ingame or post it below as well
The more effort you put into this and the more detailed your eplanation is as to why I should just just your prefered sire the more likely I will be ofcourse of choosing him but how much effort you want to put into it is ofcourse entirely up to you
when I get up the next morning I will pick the one I think suits best and breed my mare to that sire.
The players Sire I choose will then get a price which the player most likely will get to choose between a free breeding to one of my own sires, or a free lease of an most likely allowance race horse ( this might be an option that wil be less and less used as the season goes on I guess) or even a 20k cash prize
as I counted that will mean 105 prizes in total so most likely I will divide it into 35 times ish of each prize
this is as before mentioned a totally selfish type of contest which means I will completely provide the contest prizes however I am not going to turn down a donation of any kind if you wish to give one

Ok good luck everyone and might this help you all as much as it hopefully will help me
Last edited by Sten Rino Haakonsen 5 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Re: The Daily Mare Contest

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=608345

We start off strong with this steward bred blue hen mare that I bought from the stewie herself just last year and who hypos a and a- to most every sire out there and wose all foals are stakes ecept the yearling whom I bred who is a James Dean allowance ( wooow how is that even possible lol)
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I’m going to start by saying I don’t really know much of the Ins and Outs of breeding in 5e SIM yet but i do think Blue Bayou could be a good match for Technicolor Beat. To start with both horses had a very similar sit towards the back and come from behind run style that helped them win races. After this you can see that there is a very minimal amount of inbreeding happening when you hypo-mate these horses, always a major plus. My last reason is just how good Blue Bayou is, his first crop produced greater than 55% allowance or higher gallopers which is no small feat. Overall I would say Blue Bayou looks like a really good Sire for your Mare but as always I’m probably missing something.
yeah
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

ok I got one good answer with Blue Bayou so I will go with that one and That means Dylan is the winner so just name your prize among the listed and I will send it to you

and then I think I will close the thing down due to lack of interest but thanks for particiating Dylan
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I just saw this! Bummer :(
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Seems I might have jumped the gun a bit since a lot had not seen it yet so I will continue doing them
hopefully the interest will step up a bit
again sorry I jumped the gun a bit there
I guess I dont have to make it every day so next time I see not a lot has made a post then I might wait another day or 2 before anouncing the winner
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Todays Mare will be this little mixer beauty

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=698406
Always liked this filly but she is a bit erratic when it comes to breeding
she is a star mare and her 2 year old was freak but got downgraded to stakes but other thn that she has not too much Gold to her name
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Re: The Daily Mare Contest ( Contest Still On)

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

A couple of my favorite suggestions for The Gold Factor mares.

EC Jet One - $50K.
Sure, he's spendy. But, his avg per runner is more than his fee and his numbers are solid. He's had 4 stakes winners by The Gold Factor mares. No concerns about inbreeding here either.

Heza Dasha Fire - 3k GP
Has had 2 nice runners out of The Gold Factor mares. Plus, the foal would be eligible for GP sired stakes which is a bonus.

Cinema Gold - $20k
Not totally avoiding the inbreeding with this one. But I think he might be overlooked as a possibility. He only has 1 foal to date, a yearling that galloped well considering the new scale. I'm going to send a few nice mares this year to see what I get. He hypoed flat A with the one mare I checked with.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

She has me stumped, I would maybe try Chrome Face Outlaw again, seems like she might like him?

I also like Ali's suggestions :D On my personal list of horses (other than EC Jet One and Heza Dasha Fire) I have Sininawa listed, the steward mentioned him, though my note says he would be good for appy/paint crosses.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

ok 2 people which is one more if this continues we will be 200 by the last day hahaha

But the winner this time is Ali Hedgestone as I picked her choice Heza Dasha Fire
Picked him basicly because I love the prospect of him with my mare and this is a sire I probably would not have thought to use myself
congratulations Ali

Ali can pick her Prize from the before mentioned Prizes and I still have not heard from Dylan about what Prize he wants
if I don't hear what Prize the winner wants in 3 days I will most likely write it down as a free breeding to one of my sires
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

the next one is a weird one

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=872621 steward bred and a nice runner whom looking at her bloodstock which made her a formidable I should have kept racing instead of retring but oh well what is done is done
Her first and only foal is a Productive
Good Luck
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 5 years ago ok I got one good answer with Blue Bayou so I will go with that one and That means Dylan is the winner so just name your prize among the listed and I will send it to you

and then I think I will close the thing down due to lack of interest but thanks for particiating Dylan
Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I'll lease an allowance racer, thanks!
yeah
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

no problem mate I will send it right over
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

I'll take a free breeding. :)

Lots of nice younger stallions in TM these days.

Of course I have to mention Invocation ($27,500) Cause he's the best! The only inbreeding you would see with him is a 5x5 to Eohippus.

Shattering Hearts ($25k) - Hard to avoid the Eohippus inbreeding, but I think this one is worth a look. Young stallion by Shatterdome (who has 4 millionaires) and out of the amazing mare Secret Smootches. The female family here is a big draw if you want a filly.

Heal No Hurt ($15k) - Produced a freak in TM, need I say more? Another stunning female family here. The nice thing is the sire line is not super common.

Keep us Close ($15K) - I like this stallion. His sire is a GP sire, which is nice. No inbreeding here at all that will stay on the chart. I expected to see better track performance though and I wonder if his best are yet to start?
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

That is great Ali
Feel free to breer to any of my stallions at any time And I will send your money back to you ås soon ås I can