The Daily Mare Contest ( Contest Still On)

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Michael McGuire
Derby Contender

Re: The Daily Mare Contest ( Contest Still On)

Post by Michael McGuire »

Sten Rino Haakonsen,

My breeding advice for: Give Her My Best (CA)

First, let me say that I haven't bred a lot of foals in my short time playing the SIM, so take my advice for what it's worth. But in the interest of this contest and to give some ideas you may not have thought of, here's my 2 cents.

Give Her My Best (CA) is by Famousaer (CA) and out of Tactical Regard (CAN)

Famousaer's (CA) best progeny is Give Her My Best (CA), so when considering broodmare lines other than Tactical Regard (CAN) there's nothing to go by for him. But he is from the sire line of Star Signs (JPN), this becomes something of note when you look at the best progeny by Tactical Regard (CAN) and the sire lines of those progeny.

Tactical Regard's (CAN) best progeny are:

1. Send Your Regards (CA) by Old Dan (MN) - Earnings: $2,526,000
2. Make My Own Path (GBR) by Make My Own Luck (GBR) - Earnings: $1,398,500
3. Change of Tactics (KY) by Final Fantasy (MN) - Earnings: $1,045,500
4. Give Her My Best (CA)
5. Make a Man (ID) by Rilian (IRE) - Earnings: $960,500 (Still Racing)

If you look at the sire lines & the broodmare sires of the stallions of Tactical Regard's (CAN) best progeny above you'll notice some commonalities. There are 4 sires that keep coming up in the pedigree of stallions that sired Tactical Regard's (CAN) best progeny. Those sires are:

1. Panda (NY) who is the Grand Sire to both Old Dan (MN) & Final Fantasy (MN).
2. Florida Keys (NY) who is the Broodmare Sire to both Old Dan (MN) & Final Fantasy (MN).
3. Star Signs (JPN) who is the Grand Sire to both Famousaer (CA) & Make My Own Luck (GBR), he is also the Broodmare Sire of Rilian (IRE).
4. Frankel (KY) - GPS - who is the Sire of Rilian (IRE) & the Broodmare Sire of Make My Own Luck (GBR).

My Advice

1. I would Hypo-Mate Give Her My Best (CA) to Old Dan (MN), Make My Own Luck (GBR), & Final Fantasy (MN) to see what nick ratings she gets with them and use the best one for a colt first, filly second. Why colt first? Because the best progeny out of Tactical Regard (CAN) by those stallions where males.

2. I would try and find stallions who has Panda (NY) as a Grand Sire & Florida Keys (NY) as a Broodmare Sire and nick them to Give Her My Best (CA). If you can't find that exact pedigree in other stallions just try to find Florida Keys (NY) as the Broodmare Sire and Panda (NY) in the Sire line.

3. Look for stallions who have either Star Signs (JPN) or Frankel (KY) as a Broodmare Sire and the other on the stallions Sireside, meaning as a Sire, Grand Sire, etc.

4. Hypo-Mate Frankel (KY) to Give Her My Best (CA) and see with nick rating you get, maybe it will be good enough to try.

These suggestions is the best advice I could come up with. Good luck.

-Michael
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

we are getting more and more playing now whih is good a whooping 3 people participated this time and the winner is.............
Michel Mcguire for his very wise choice of sire who is owned by meeeeeee
aND THAT SIRE IS Old Dan
he deserves to be bred more than he is at the moment and what better way to get him some action than with this nice looking mare that has not been as good as hoped kinda like Old Dan himself (yes I kknow Old Dan has bred something like 4 millionaires but they are all bred by the steward)

so Please Michael as usual send me what you would like as your prize either here or by pm

Just remember peeps when it comes to the prizes I know I said I would divide them by 33 of each but ofcourse I have more free breedings to a sire than I have allowance runners in my barn so I might have to say stop with the leasing out allowance runners at some point but for now its ok
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

net up is another turf miler mare with a golden pedigree but she has so far been a mayor dissapointment in the shed
so here is a chalenge for ya https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=784765 star mare with a very nice pedigree being half sister to Close To The Best but so far she has bred no better than solid 2 year old 3 year old is dc and yearling is claimer Sad I know but being what she is I cant just kick her out so Contestants see what you can do
Good Luck
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’d try Make My Own Luck, her dam line seem to like him :) he’s also 14 so this might be your last chance to try the cross!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Mastercraftsman - Her dam has 2 very nice colts by him. See if it runs in the family?
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Michael McGuire
Derby Contender

Post by Michael McGuire »

Thank You Sten Rino Haakonsen for choosing me as the winner for Give Her My Best (CA) and for putting on this contest.

My breeding advice for Plotting (FRA) I will use the acronym K.I.S.S: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Finding Stallions by Dam Sire

Plotting (FRA) is by War Lock (KY)

1. Click Search (homepage)
2. Horse Search
3. Breed: select Thoroughbred
4. Dam Sire: type War Lock
5. Select Stakes Winners
6. Click the Horse Search button

What will come up is a list of stakes winning Thoroughbred racehorses who have War Lock (KY) as their Dam Sire. From here you can arrange the list by Earnings, highest to lowest, and by Sire. Take notice of which Sire is shown multiple times, meaning they have an affinity to broodmares sired by War Lock (KY). You'll notice that Distant Dream (IRE) shows up multiple times, but I noticed you used him already and got a claimer. You were correct to use him with this strategy, but I'm not going to advice you to use him here, especially with his high stud fee. Instead take a look at the highest earners and which sire they were by. Did you notice Alternative Facts (GBR) by (Sire) Good Heart (NJ)?

If you take a deep dive into Good Heart's (NJ) stud book page and look at his top 15 runners by earnings, what do you notice? You'll notice that 3 out of the 15 have War Lock (KY) as their Dam Sire and that Alternative Facts (GBR) is his highest earner. Also take note of Good Heart's (NJ) stud fee, it's $10,000, that's a far cry from Distant Dream's (IRE) stud fee of $60,000. One other thing, look at the pedigree of Alternative Facts (GBR). You'll notice that he is S Balanced Linebred, 4x4, to Performing Tricks (KY). Why do I mentioned this? Because if you use Good Heart (NJ), your foal out of Plotting (FRA) will have the same S Balanced Linebreeding, and this could help boost the chances of Plotting (FRA) producing a good foal. Who knows, you may end up with something like Alternative Facts (GBR).

My advice is to breed Good Heart (NJ) to Plotting (FRA). Good luck.

-Michael
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Michael McGuire wrote: 5 years ago Thank You Sten Rino Haakonsen for choosing me as the winner for Give Her My Best (CA) and for putting on this contest.

My breeding advice for Plotting (FRA) I will use the acronym K.I.S.S: Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Finding Stallions by Dam Sire

Plotting (FRA) is by War Lock (KY)

1. Click Search (homepage)
2. Horse Search
3. Breed: select Thoroughbred
4. Dam Sire: type War Lock
5. Select Stakes Winners
6. Click the Horse Search button

What will come up is a list of stakes winning Thoroughbred racehorses who have War Lock (KY) as their Dam Sire. From here you can arrange the list by Earnings, highest to lowest, and by Sire. Take notice of which Sire is shown multiple times, meaning they have an affinity to broodmares sired by War Lock (KY). You'll notice that Distant Dream (IRE) shows up multiple times, but I noticed you used him already and got a claimer. You were correct to use him with this strategy, but I'm not going to advice you to use him here, especially with his high stud fee. Instead take a look at the highest earners and which sire they were by. Did you notice Alternative Facts (GBR) by (Sire) Good Heart (NJ)?

If you take a deep dive into Good Heart's (NJ) stud book page and look at his top 15 runners by earnings, what do you notice? You'll notice that 3 out of the 15 have War Lock (KY) as their Dam Sire and that Alternative Facts (GBR) is his highest earner. Also take note of Good Heart's (NJ) stud fee, it's $10,000, that's a far cry from Distant Dream's (IRE) stud fee of $60,000. One other thing, look at the pedigree of Alternative Facts (GBR). You'll notice that he is S Balanced Linebred, 4x4, to Performing Tricks (KY). Why do I mentioned this? Because if you use Good Heart (NJ), your foal out of Plotting (FRA) will have the same S Balanced Linebreeding, and this could help boost the chances of Plotting (FRA) producing a good foal. Who knows, you may end up with something like Alternative Facts (GBR).

My advice is to breed Good Heart (NJ) to Plotting (FRA). Good luck.

-Michael
You’re some kind of breeding sorcerer!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 5 years ago net up is another turf miler mare with a golden pedigree but she has so far been a mayor dissapointment in the shed
so here is a chalenge for ya https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=784765 star mare with a very nice pedigree being half sister to Close To The Best but so far she has bred no better than solid 2 year old 3 year old is dc and yearling is claimer Sad I know but being what she is I cant just kick her out so Contestants see what you can do
Good Luck
Well I'm not really sure. Although Yoshida doesn't have a great record breeding wise maybe give him a shot. He's any turf and people seemed to go crazy for him when he first appeared. This might be just what the mare needs assuming Yoshida does pan out which from what I've heard he very well could. https://www.simhorseracing.com/studbook ... ID=1013951
yeah
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

ok this turned out to be a screamer of a battle and the winner was a come from the side entry by Kaine Saracen

and his choice was Between The Stars

I just could not help see the potential in this even though his DD foal was claimer (hopefully that was a slide)

However Kaine has told me he does not want the prize so the prize goes to the next day when prizes are doubled meaning yo can get
2 sire leases , 40k , 2 allowance runners or a mix of the mentioned like 1 sire lease and one allowance runner or 20k, and a sire lease and so on
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

okay that means we are now fighting for 2 prizes this round so we need something good

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=840593
this little dr filly has seemed to be a little worse than her pedigree suggests but her 2 year old just turned from claimer to stakes with makes this a whole other ball game
Her yearling is allowance but who knows maybe that one can improve as well

so go ahead contestants and give me your best suggestions
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

(Her 2yo went from Solid* to Stakes :P)

There isn't many Arrogate grandbabies out there who've hit the track so I found this one tough. I don't know if you like line-breeding, but I think you should try Proverb. Foal will have 2x3 to Proverb and 3x4 to Temple. Both were EXCELLENT broodmares. And peeking at her pedigree further makes me even more excited for Cheer This Way! Hopefully she makes an excellent dam one day!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Dirt Router and a mare that likes longer distances!
Focusing on sires who are more marathon-y types I would suggest:

After The Disco: More the 1 1/4 type, but should add some speed. his foals are flexible and he has G1 runners from 1 1/8 to 2 miles
John F. Kennedy: Sophomore stallion that I think will do well. Another 1 1/4 type. Warning here though: I think his foals might mature later.
Encrypted Hello: If you want to try for a true marathoner look here. Ran 1, 2, 3 in his 3 SC marathon attempts.
Ashwinder: Lightly raced I think he's going to be overlooked by a lot. He won the Long Island Classic and almost won the SC Juvenile. So I think he'll be a flexible sire and deserves a shot.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

and the winner of the Double Prize is a contestant who won once before
Ali Hedgestone and her choice Ashwinder

I Liked the reasoning behind why to use him a lot and found it a bit appealing that the sire might be a little forgotten and wont be in every pedigree out there
was a couple of others in the picture her but Ashwinder won mostly on basis of being an a- hypo over the others against him being b+
so Ali can send me what kind of prizes she wants and remember you get to choose 2 this time
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

A little late getting the result this time as I was away and this probably will happen tomorrow as well
Have also realised my mare count might not hold through to do this every dy for the rest of the season but anyways
Todays mare will be
https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=442545
This Feisty Little blue hen appy mare who has been a solid stakes gallopping producer her whole career with the occasional allowance and even one freak that got downgraded to stakes this year
She has never stood out though but comes off as quite reliable but maybe one of the contestants can find the sire that turns reliable into superstar in what very well might be her last foal

Good Luck everyone
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Cabela Seven
He nicks well and he's got the race record.
He's out of a super mare whose best foal is sired by your mare's full brother, A Good Irish. A Good Irish has produced well with dams sired by both Cabela Seven's grand sire and dam sire. Also the foal would be 3-3 to Black Irish who A Good Irish also mixed well with. I think Cabela Seven's offspring got good gallop comments too but it's hard to compare as he's a young stud and a lot of them are running under the newest change.
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)