Upcoming Gelding World Cup Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Upcoming Gelding World Cup Contest

Post by Laura Ferguson »

In the past, I've occasionally done a contest in connection with the Gelding World Cup. I thought I would mix it up this year, especially with so many people having to shelter in place/work from home. I'll update this with the specific details as it gets closer to Week 15, but I wanted to get this on everyone's radar.

This contest will have three components. Each component is its own contest, but if you compete in all three, you have a chance to win the grand prize.

1. Trivia Contest. Week 15, I will post a trivia contest about both real life and SIM geldings. You will have a full week to message me your answers (either through the forum or in game, I will check both. Do NOT post your answers in the forum). I'm thinking 20 questions. Note that the answers, especially for the SIM geldings, is based on what they did on the track as a gelding - so if a horse was gelded post-retirement (or post stud-career), that horse won't count as a gelding for purposes of this contest. You will get a point for each correct answer. If you have the most total points, you win.

2. Pick your Trainer Contest. Pick two trainers that have horses entered in the GWC races. You will have to do that no later than post time for the Week 16, Day 1 races. Your trainers will receive 7 points for every winner they have, 5 points for every runner up and three points for every third place finisher. If you have the most total points, based on your two trainers' runners, you win. I may add a tie-break question, in case everyone picks the same two trainers.

3. Pick 4 Contest. I will pick four races on the Week 16, Days 3 and 4 cards for you to work with, and a tie-break question in case no one picks all four. You will have to post your picks no later than post time for the Week 16, Day 3 races. If you pick all four winners, you win (and there can be multiple winners). If no one picks all four, then it will drop to whomever had the most winners (three, two, one, zero), but the tie-break question will kick in, so there will only be one winner in that situation.

For each contest, the winner will get $100,000 (if there's a ton of tie winners for the trivia contest, I may drop it down to $50,000 per winner, or substitute an award of game points, but let's see).

For those who entered in all three contests, I will take your ranking in each contest, add them up and divide by three (so if you were first in one contest, third in another contest, and fifth in a third, your number would be three). The lowest overall average wins. The prize will be a foal out of one of my mares (I'll have which mare figured out by the time I post the trivia contest).

Anyway, hope this will provide a fun diversion, and for new players, an opportunity to learn about some of the cool geldings that have competed in the SIM.

I will post each contest in a separate thread in this forum, so it'll be easier for people to find/post.

Laura
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: Upcoming Gelding World Cup Contest

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Sounds fun!

Edit: missed a fairly important letter
Last edited by Rochelle Bos 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

This sounds awesome, thanks Laura!
yeah
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Update: I have finished the 20 trivia questions, and will post them this Wednesday, May 20th in a separate thread in this forum. I will post this there as well, but please do NOT post your answers in that thread and spoil it for everyone else. Answers will be posted when the contest closes, which will be the following Wednesday, May 27th at 11pm Pacific time. That'll give everyone a week to message me their answers. I will respond and let you know that I've received your entry.

The grand prize will be a foal out of Hollywood, a blue hen stakes-winning daughter of James Dean, out of G1 stakes winner and multiple stakes producer Pepper. Family of Harmony, etc. I'll breed the foal (you let me know the sire (assuming the sire isn't booked full), and you can pick name, gender, color, markings - or random), and I will send the foal over to you for $0.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=964820
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'm going to do the second and third parts of the contest this year (Y56). The trivia contest is dependent on how busy I am - I had a 12 hour work day yesterday, including a hearing on my motion to dismiss and then a 7 hour (with one 5 minute break - gah!) Webex edition of Planning Commission. If I have the time to come up with questions, I'll do that as well. Will post more next week, but wanted to get that on everyone's radar.

Laura
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Ooh sounds neat!
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE