Year 56 Fantasy Turf Route Racing signup thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Year 56 Fantasy Turf Route Racing signup thread

Post by Dan Kauffman »

It's back!!!!

Year 50 draft thread

Year 50 scoring thread

If you know how Fantasy Football or Fantasy Baseball (non-rotisserie) works, you basically know how this will work.

During the SIM break, each player will draft (likely) somewhere between six and 10 turf route runners. All turf route horses (even those who will be juveniles in Year 56) are eligible to be drafted, During the year, players will earn points based on the points their horses earn in races. At the end of the year, the player with the most total points will win. (This is almost identical to the Triple Crown Trail points system, with the exception that all turf route races, at any level and at any time during the year, will count toward the standings).

I will be supplying the initial prize pool of SIM $100,000 ... $60,000 to the winner, $25,000 to the runner-up and $15,000 to third place. There will be NO entry fee. (If other people want to add to the prize pool, they are more than welcome to. Any additional money will be divided up by the same percentages.)

The draft will be held on the forum (in the Games and Contests section, in a separate thread from this one), with a draft order being announced prior to the start of the draft, which will begin the first Monday of the break (June 1). The draft will use a snake format, which will look something like this (the example below uses eight players) ...

ROUND ONE: ABCDEFGH
ROUND TWO: HGFEDCBA
ROUND THREE: ABCDEFGH
ROUND FOUR: HGFEDCBA
... and so on and so forth.

A minimum of 100 — and a maximum of 150 — turf route horses will be selected. Obviously the number of draft picks per team will depend on how many teams there are (the maximum number of teams will be 25).

The draft order will be randomized (using the random.org list generator).

Each player, when it is his or her turn to select a horse, will do so in the draft thread. The draft will hopefully be completed during the two break weeks before Year 56 starts.

Horses will earn points during Year 56 based on the number of points they win in actual turf route races. The total number of points awarded in a race is mentioned in each race's description (typically 100 for a Grade 1, 80 for a Grade 2, 60 for a Grade 3, 40 for a listed stakes, 20 for an allowance and 10 for other races). Of the points awarded in a race, 50 percent goes to the winner, 30 percent to the runner-up and 20 percent to the third-place finisher. No points will be awarded to a horse for races other than turf routes.

In any turf route race with a purse of at least $1 million, I will award a total of 200 points (100 to the winner, 60 to the runner-up and 40 for third).

If a player drafts a horse that is retired BEFORE the start of Year 56 (presumably while the draft is still ongoing, as the draft will take several days over the break), that player can select a replacement horse (which has not been selected yet) as soon as possible. If a horse retires DURING Year 56 (say, after the Pegasus races Week 2), that horse CANNOT be replaced.

As Year 56 progresses, I will provide weekly points standings updates.

If you wish to sign up for the game, please say in this thread that you want to participate.
Last edited by Dan Kauffman 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: Year 56 Fantasy Turf Route Racing signup thread

Post by Cleo Patra »

I’m going to donate a free lease for the year 56 foal of PERFECT MATCH. She’s produced two freaks and an allowance thus far, and is the multiple G1 winning daughter of Special to You. Conditions of the prize for whoever wins it are: I get first refusal if the winner ever decides to sell the foal, and the winner must breed a filly and I get to lease that filly for her 2nd foal.

I’m also going to donate $500,000 to the prize pool. Maybe there could be a weekly points leader prize or something if you don’t want to put all of it into the final prize?

Love this contest!!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Nah it can all go into the final prize pool. Amazing!

Now all we need is people to sign up!!!

EDIT: Prize pool is currently $360,000 for first, $150,000 for second and $90,000 for third.
Last edited by Dan Kauffman 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mel Lankford
Derby Contender

Post by Mel Lankford »

I am definitely going to play again. Loved it last time. It was what got me interested in TR.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I enjoyed the original version as well. I just wish I could have won, but Laura dominated.

I'm in again.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I’m in. It’s a ton of work for you Dan, thanks for doing it! And Cleo, that’s an awesome mare you are donating to lease! I’m more interested in her than the money, lol!
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

It's not that bad, an hour or so a couple times a week. I probably won't be doing the pre-race research as far as what upcoming race each horse is entered in, just the scoring.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

CURRENT PLAYERS
Cleo Patra
Mel Lankford
Garret Folsom
Nick Gilmore

I'm debating whether I will actually draft a team myself.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

At the bottom of your first post...I quote...
“ If a horse retires DURING Year 50 (say, after the Pegasus races Week 2), that horse CANNOT be replaced.“
Needs to be fixed to Year 56...just a slip
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Copy/paste for the loss ... I caught most of them!
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

You should do it Dan!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Eh why not, I’ll sign up!

And I’ll donate $250,000 to the prize pool :)
Gary Prat
Sprinter

Post by Gary Prat »

I’m in. Thanks for bringing this back Dan!!!!
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

I'm in