Gelding World Cup - Trivia Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Gelding World Cup - Trivia Contest

Post by Laura Ferguson »

This is the first of three related contests tied to the Gelding World Cup

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=48881

This is a trivia contest. Please do not respond to this thread with your answers. I am going to try to get a moderator to lock this thread to help keep people from posting answers here and spoiling it. Instead, please message me either in the game or through the forum with your answers. I will respond to let you know that I have your entry. Entries are due by 11pm Pacific Time on May 27th (basically Week 16, Day 3 results time).

You will get one point for each correct answer - no partial credit. The player with the most points will get $100,000. If there are a ton of tie winners, I may drop it down to $50,000 per winner, or substitute an award of game points, but let's see.

This is a mix of real life, sim/real life, and sim questions. For sim questions, if the horse was gelded post-retirement, that horse does not count as a gelding. Enjoy!

Real Life Geldings
1. How many geldings have won Triple Crown (US) races?
2. How many geldings have won the Epsom Derby?
3. Name the geldings that have won the Hambletonian.
4. What quarter horse gelding was kidnapped, and 10 weeks after being found in a cornfield, won the Los Alamitos Derby?
5. What famous thoroughbred gelding was nicknamed "The Wonder Horse?"
6. Which gelding has won the Aintree Grand National three times?
7. Which three famous geldings paraded at Belmont Park on October 15, 1983?
8. Name the geldings that are two time winners of the Breeders' Cup Mile.
9. What Hall of Fame gelding had a series of pony companions, all named Peanuts, during his retirement?
10. What gelding won at least one race per year at Saratoga for eight consecutive years?
Mixed (a/k/a Real Life Meets the SIM)
11. What real life thoroughbred gelding sired a Steward's Cup winner?
12. Name the thoroughbred that won a Breeders' Cup race as a gelding and a Steward's Cup race as a horse?
13. What real life thoroughbred gelding went on to win a SIM Steward's Cup race, also as a gelding?
SIM geldings
14. Name the geldings have won SIM triple crown races.
15. Of all the geldings that have raced in the SIM, who has the most Grade 1 victories?
16. What two geldings have won a Grade 1 race at age 11?
17. What year was the first Gelding World Cup held?
18. In this gelding's only dirt start, he finished second in the Steward's Cup Sprint. Name him.
19. What gelding was the subject of a SIM-wide scavenger hunt, and went on to become a three time Grade 1 winner?
20. What gelding is tied on the all time list for most wins, and how many wins does he have?