Year 56 Turf Route Fantasy — DRAFT THREAD

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Re: Year 56 Turf Route Fantasy — DRAFT THREAD

Post by T.D. Palm »

Dan Kauffman wrote: 3 years ago Also, I had Safe Place to Land as my No. 1 overall because I think she's clearly the top 3-year-old filly in her class. I'm big on 3-year-olds anyway because there are a lot of Grade 1/graded stakes races for them only, so good 3-year-olds rack up a lot of points against easier competition.
Now you tell me !!!!
:o
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Dan Kauffman wrote: 3 years ago Also, I had Safe Place to Land as my No. 1 overall because I think she's clearly the top 3-year-old filly in her class. I'm big on 3-year-olds anyway because there are a lot of Grade 1/graded stakes races for them only, so good 3-year-olds rack up a lot of points against easier competition.
That was my thought when drafting, too, but sometimes things got a bit hectic, now 3 of mine are 3 year olds I think. But similar to the TCT there's Always luck involved in Picking the horse(s) that will come out as the best of the crop. Now I just hope the owners (which includes me :lol:) are placing them in those graded stakes with softer Competition to rack up those Points :)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

My strategy was find a horse NOT already picked 😅 always took me an annoying amount of time haha I don’t know TR! glad the hard part is over! 🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago My strategy was find a horse NOT already picked 😅 always took me an annoying amount of time haha I don’t know TR! glad the hard part is over! 🤪
Haha, your comments About having Trouble to find a horse Always surprised me, as I thought my list of About 45 "obvious" horses would be gone by the end of round 3 or so, and 4 of them still ended up not being picked at all, lol. Kind of nice to see, though, how everyone has such different strategies :)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 3 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago My strategy was find a horse NOT already picked 😅 always took me an annoying amount of time haha I don’t know TR! glad the hard part is over! 🤪
Haha, your comments About having Trouble to find a horse Always surprised me, as I thought my list of About 45 "obvious" horses would be gone by the end of round 3 or so, and 4 of them still ended up not being picked at all, lol. Kind of nice to see, though, how everyone has such different strategies :)
Yeah I don’t follow TR at all, my only strategy was to look at G1 races from last year and try to find a horse not on the list 😅 the fact you had a list of 45 is amazing hahaha
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

why do you think I picked a lot of my own 3 year olds even though they might not be the best they are good enough to pick up quite a few points in easier stakes races
another reason was I am not that good at following tr so when the going got tough I just got lazy and looked to my own barn haha
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

This will surprise absolutely no one, but I had a list of 172 horses. And none of them were 6 or older (I avoid them, they drop off too often for my liking). I obviously made the list while still thinking about drafting myself.

There were a lot of quality states-winning horses still out there. We could have gone two more rounds very easily (not that you guys would have wanted to. Lol. Oh and time would have run out.)
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Dan Kauffman wrote: 3 years ago This will surprise absolutely no one, but I had a list of 172 horses. And none of them were 6 or older (I avoid them, they drop off too often for my liking). I obviously made the list while still thinking about drafting myself.

There were a lot of quality states-winning horses still out there. We could have gone two more rounds very easily (not that you guys would have wanted to. Lol. Oh and time would have run out.)
I clearly should have just gotten you to pick for me 🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

In spite of a lot of terrific selections, I’m a bit surprised that Volny Na Beregu did not make anyone’s list. Don’t be surprised when he shows up in the results as his trainer is certainly no novice!
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

He’s one that slipped my notice because he didn’t show up on any of the leaderboards I searched (active SFs, earnings, points, etc.)
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Whoops, I missed that State of the Art had been picked before Sean picked him. Sean can make a replacement pick.
Sean Gallagher
Miler

Post by Sean Gallagher »

Sorry about that Dan.

Volny Na Beregu
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Bravo!
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

That made me laugh.
Noel Collins
Derby Contender

Post by Noel Collins »

I wasn’t quite sure how to find my picks so I went with looking at top Turk workout times from yr 54 yearlings and then compared that to how they were currently running. Then I went through turf stakes races in was 13/14/15 of yr 55. Then I debated putting random names on a wall, throwing darts, and then seeing if the names I hit were actually names in the sim. I mainly used methods one and two though.