Read The Signs Distaff Series Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Read The Signs Distaff Series Contest

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

After producing his first 10 foals Read The Signs decided that he really, really likes TM girls. As such, he has offered to sponsor a distaff series in Japan for TM fillies and mares. The series will be scored as follows:

* Each race participant will be awarded points based on the order of finish. For example, if there are 8 horses in the field, first place gets 8 points and last place gets 1 point.

* At the end of the 3 race series the stables that own the fillies with the most points will win the following prizes to be used on the mares of their choice:
First place: 7 free breedings to Read The Signs in Y57 and 7 more in Y58
Second place: 5 free breedings to Read The Signs in Y57 and 5 more in Y58
Third place: 3 free breedings to Read The Signs in Y57 and 3 more in Y58

The applicable races are shown below:

Year-57 Week-5 Day-5 Asia (2am) Kyoto Racecourse (JPN) Race 7 - 1 mile. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Read The Signs Distaff Series I." Sponsored by Kelly L Haggerty. 4 year olds. Fillies. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 Entry Fee $1,250 (60 points) 0/12 entries

Year-57 Week-8 Day-5 Asia (2am) Osaka Racecourse (JPN) Race 8 - 1 mile. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Read The Signs Distaff Series Ii." Sponsored by Kelly L Haggerty. 4 year olds. Fillies. Stakes. Purse $125,000 - Grade 3 Entry Fee $1,250 (60 points) 0/12 entries

Year-57 Week-11 Day-5 Asia (2am) Tokyo Racecourse (JPN) Race 19 - 1 mile. Turf. Thoroughbred. "Read The Signs Distaff Series Iii." Sponsored by Kelly L Haggerty. 4 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Stakes. Purse $150,000 - Grade 2 Entry Fee $1,500 (80 points) 0/12 entries

Good luck and enjoy!
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Re: Read The Signs Distaff Series Contest

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

looks great
I cannot atually enter anything as my filly tms are all 3year olds and younger this year
but like the concept
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Sten Rino Haakonsen wrote: 3 years ago looks great
I cannot atually enter anything as my filly tms are all 3year olds and younger this year
but like the concept
Thanks Sten. I was looking for where there might be a "gap" in the stakes schedule in Japan. There were already some for 3yo I think, but not the more unusual 4yo only. I thought it might make the races more interesting if they were restricted in some fashion. Good luck with your fillies this year regardless!
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Update:

The first installment of the Read The Signs Distaff Series is in the books with Gary Prat's Steward's Cup winning filly Secret Kisses just besting Glenn Escobar's Irish Resolve. The full order of finish, and corresponding Distaff Series points totals, are as follows:

Secret Kisses 6 points
Irish Resolve 5 points
Constantly Lucky 4 points
Scarce Dreams 3 points
Super Isle 2 points
Great Demeanor 1 point

The next race in the series will run at Osaka in Week 8 https://www.simhorseracing.com/race.php?RaceID=1626194
Kelly Haggerty
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelly Haggerty »

Now that the series has concluded the results stand as follows:

Scarce Dreams, who participated in all 3 races, has earned 12 points for Katie Stepanian, so she gets 7 free breedings in Y57 and 7 more in Y58!

Qwerky, who defeated the largest field, won second place with 9 points for Rochelle Zahacy and earns her stable the 5 free breedings this year and next

In Darkness Found won the 3 free breedings for Y57 and Y58 on behalf of Michelle Calderoni

As a bonus, one free breed will be awarded to the 2 other stables that participated in multiple legs, so Lucas Davenport and Ma Springs each have a free breeding to use this year on a mare of their choice.

Congrats everyone, and thank you for participating!