How Did Your Year Go?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lance Macisaac
Miler

Re: How Did Your Year Go?

Post by Lance Macisaac »

Really good! By my standards, anyways.
101-11-7-10.

First time I've been over 10% since Y49, and I made over $200k. I've got the fourth fastest female pacing yearling in training and a freak chaser that just won a race (after I finally figured out her equipment, oops).

Tom Lin also really helped out my year with two great leases, one of which one a stakes race and was fourth in a G1. Things are looking up!

Oh! And I won the pick all and exacta contests on SC Thursday. So now I get to do a few more breedings than planned on :)
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Player since: 2020-03-10

Trainer Stats for Year 55: 183 : 23-13-27 Win-12.6% OTB-34.4%
Earnings: $496,190 | Breeder Awards: $ 0
Stakes Wins: 2 | Grade 1 Wins: 0 | Maiden Wins: 6 | 2 Year Old Wins: 2

My two stakes wins were in the Trial Park Cup races in week 16, by lease horses from my mentor Katie Stepanian. I finished in 7th place by both earnings and wins in the New Player list.

I'm super-excited for next season at Trial Park, and then Year 57 when I'll get to race my first homebred foals.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Hmm. How DID my year go.

Last year was a hard one to follow, with piles of good 2YOs, three SC wins, G1 wins in four different divisions, and still feeling the warm fuzzies from my first-ballot HOF induction the year before.

Compared to that, this season has been a tough one. The SC was pretty much a total bust, but whatever, that's the SC for ya. Some of the 2YOs I had high hopes for didn't really pan out. Some of the 3YOs didn't really step up, and some of the older horses took a step back. The yearling crop is pretty medium compared to the previous year (but I don't expect to have a year where I breed three freaks again for awhile, if ever...)

But that's not really that much to complain about. I hit 6,000 wins back in W8, which was neat! My big horses generally did pretty well, including my bestie Northern Avenger who won three G1s. I retired a couple stallions who are pleasant surprises in the hypo department. Strong and Free is doing great. And some of my TS/AWS frankenhorses seem like they might actually become a viable thing.

And a new year brings so much hope. Maybe this year's foal crop will be epic. Maybe the yearlings will improve. Maybe something in the racing barn will just up and decide to have the year of its life. This time next week, we'll be starting to find out. :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Another great year for me, happy with my stables progression especially my homebreds. I am looking forward to year 56!
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Change of Venue turned into a pleasant surprise- winning 2 of my 3 G1s. Overall pleased with the year’s stats- helped by Laura F. managing my stable for about 5 weeks while I was traveling and had minimal internet, and managed to maintain a 30% win and 70%OTB to the end of the year.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

At the moment, since deciding on breeding and racing dirt routers exclusively, I'm pretty much a one trick pony stable.

Did buy a new pair of sunglasses however.

Because the future looks bright 8-)
Eric Hamme
Classic Contender

Post by Eric Hamme »

No time to write the usual Trust The Process column on the year, but overall I was slightly down from the year before. The silver linings were picking up my first stakes win with a home bred.”, and winning another Grade 1 with Santino Fontana (which however does make the whether to put him up for stud decision harder). On the negative side, all my old geldings saw their careers end, and there isn’t much to replace them.