VETS OF THE SIM

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Re: VETS OF THE SIM

Post by The Harlequins »

My new mission David.......i will not fail lol
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I just used the GPs to ask the agent about already existing jockeys and then I hired them for half the price of creating a new one. Found both of my 'natural' jockeys that way. And as for game points, you can always use the exchange to get them.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

My main 2 are naturals, they’re new my stable as of last year, I also have 2 that are one rank below that and 2 more who were my main jocks until last year that are ‘mere apprentice’, one of them has many, many SC wins to his name. All 6 of mine are ones I got off the unemployed jockey list. There’s absolutely no use to having 6 jocks but it is what it is, don’t have the heart to fire my 2 old ones
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

The Harlequins wrote: 3 years ago My new mission David.......i will not fail lol
:P Yes, but put the impossible mission song when I go to do it, to give it a touch of suspense

and if you want a faster shot, the one from Hawaii five zero 8-)
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

When I fired one of my jockey's I took a look at the hire a jockey list and did not see him in there either. So, I'm kind of wondering if fired jockeys just get deleted. I very much doubt someone hired that jockey a few minutes after he was fired.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Opal is "natural" - took me a lot of GPs to get her (create - jockey agent check - and kept tossing) and Makayla is "some talent - she was my main jock until I got Opal and is now my 2nd string jockey
I'm just here for the fun of it
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Stormy Peak wrote: 3 years ago When I fired one of my jockey's I took a look at the hire a jockey list and did not see him in there either. So, I'm kind of wondering if fired jockeys just get deleted. I very much doubt someone hired that jockey a few minutes after he was fired.

Stormy
It might be one of those things that happens at midnight PST? Just a guess.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I'm not sure exactly how this fits into the question at hand, but we (Karl and I) had a natural jockey for the partnership. The partnership was dissolved and I believe Karl was able to pick up the jockey from the list for himself. So that jockey wasn't exactly fired, but he was "somethinged." And he apparently did go back onto the list. FYI, Lucas.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

I have two jockeys that I have had from the beginning. Andrew Dalton & Amanda Winters are both: "has some training and can at least stay in the saddle during a race".

A few weeks ago I decided to create a new jockey, and got lucky out of the gate: "This jockey is a true natural. James Denton knows exactly where the wire is".

I've kept all three; James Denton usually rides in the "big" races; Andrew Dalton rides mostly the class horses, and Amanda Winters fills in where needed; although I think I'll put her on all the claimer mounts.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Jurgen Ver
Classic Contender

Post by Jurgen Ver »

I had luck, in the preseason i decided to create 2 new jockeys:

"This jock is a true natural. Victoria Welsh knows exactly where the wire is!"
"This jock is a true natural. Ethan Sparks knows exactly where the wire is!"
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

I need a true natural,Jurgen that doesn't get sea sick :D
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.