SIM Mini Mistakes Thread

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

SIM Mini Mistakes Thread

Post by Carole Hanson »

We have the mini brags thread, so I'm starting a mini mistakes thread with this stupid mistake I made:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1459142
I put this freak filly into an almost 2 mile race, but she seems to want to go short.

Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Re: SIM Mini Mistakes Thread

Post by Stormy Peak »

Maybe in the races for the rest of her life, she'll appreciate the shorter distances and win for you.

I can imagine her thinking as she ran that course... Are we there yet? Are we there yet? OMGosh! Will this race ever end!?

I am laughing a little...but I also feel bad for you. I've made dumb little mistakes....like on Wk 9 and Wk 10 running about 6 or 7 2 year olds....was amazed none of them broke. So they are all in Wk 15 Day 5 races next time out.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

My mental heath has been awful lately and the littlest of failures and inconveniences really get to me. Last Monday, I was having a particularly manic day, so when one of my DR fillies debuted way worse than I expected, I rage-retired her 🙄

She happens to be a Blue Hen with an A+ nick to Valley Of Fire, so it's not allll bad, but she was a Stakes bloomer who probably would have been really nice as a 3-4 year old, and an A+ nick looks a lot better on a Stakes winning mare.
I've been beating myself up over it like crazy, and i've made a vow going forward to never rage-retire a horse until i've slept on the idea.
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | Leased Out Y66
Quinny | DR/DM | $20,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Stormy Peak wrote: 1 year ago Maybe in the races for the rest of her life, she'll appreciate the shorter distances and win for you.

I can imagine her thinking as she ran that course... Are we there yet? Are we there yet? OMGosh! Will this race ever end!?

I am laughing a little...but I also feel bad for you. I've made dumb little mistakes....like on Wk 9 and Wk 10 running about 6 or 7 2 year olds....was amazed none of them broke. So they are all in Wk 15 Day 5 races next time out.

Stormy
Lol yea the poor thing must have been baffled! Let’s hope she’s not traumatised for the rest of her career now 😬
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I'm not always great at checking the notes I make for myself, and have entered a horse in a race on a different continent when I had intended to run them close by the following week.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

I keep GB when I should GH. To sum up what would otherwise be an eighty-point list.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ms. Lady Claimer wrote: 1 year ago My mental heath has been awful lately and the littlest of failures and inconveniences really get to me. Last Monday, I was having a particularly manic day, so when one of my DR fillies debuted way worse than I expected, I rage-retired her 🙄

She happens to be a Blue Hen with an A+ nick to Valley Of Fire, so it's not allll bad, but she was a Stakes bloomer who probably would have been really nice as a 3-4 year old, and an A+ nick looks a lot better on a Stakes winning mare.
I've been beating myself up over it like crazy, and i've made a vow going forward to never rage-retire a horse until i've slept on the idea.
Lily I'm sorry to hear your mental health is not doing well right now. I hope life gives you a break soon.

I have rage retired things in the past too, sometimes the emotions of the SIM are TOO real and losing hurts more than it should. I hope horses like Quinny help you get back that good SIM feeling. I've found what has helped me is detaching myself from the game a bit more and looking for positives in results even when they're not wins. It takes time, but it has definitely helped me enjoy my game experience again without having to take a break.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I've forgotten to SC nominate a nice Arabian I have like 3 years in a row. lol I also forgot to enter my QH into the finals of the $1mill All American Derby soooooo yea. I'm super smart!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago We have the mini brags thread, so I'm starting a mini mistakes thread with this stupid mistake I made:

I put this freak filly into an almost 2 mile race, but she seems to want to go short.

You're too hard on yourself, Carole.
That's our job :P
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Gwayne's World wrote: 1 year ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 1 year ago We have the mini brags thread, so I'm starting a mini mistakes thread with this stupid mistake I made:

You're too hard on yourself, Carole.
That's our job :P
Hahaha feel free to roast me!
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

I think the worse mistake I've made would have been accidentally combining different surface/distance parents. It has happened twice, and at both times it was with divisions I was unfamiliar with, and I had been flipping through the stud book back and forth. It's mostly annoying since it takes a full Sim-year until it's possible to try again (plus I feel sorry for the owner of the stallion).
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 1 year ago I think the worse mistake I've made would have been accidentally combining different surface/distance parents. It has happened twice, and at both times it was with divisions I was unfamiliar with, and I had been flipping through the stud book back and forth. It's mostly annoying since it takes a full Sim-year until it's possible to try again (plus I feel sorry for the owner of the stallion).
This is off the intent of this thread but I find that many stallions owners are guilty of encouraging this type of mistake by listing their stallion for every or most possible running types when in fact the stallion showed no talent in all those fields nor in many cases have the breeding background for it. I think its a way of getting more stallion fees from unsuspecting players. I would encourage you look at the stallions race record and maybe his ancestors talents too before hitting the breed button based solely on what division he is advertised for.
Nicole Marie
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Nicole Marie »

LA Pepper wrote: 1 year ago This is off the intent of this thread but I find that many stallions owners are guilty of encouraging this type of mistake by listing their stallion for every or most possible running types when in fact the stallion showed no talent in all those fields nor in many cases have the breeding background for it. I think its a way of getting more stallion fees from unsuspecting players. I would encourage you look at the stallions race record and maybe his ancestors talents too before hitting the breed button based solely on what division he is advertised for.
Yeah, this happened to me several times when I was newer. Now, was I guilty of breeding stallions listed as TS to DS mares? Yes. But more than once I saw a stallion with high earnings and a high freak percentage listed under a division I was looking for so I bred him to my mare, only to find out he actually was a very different division. I know it's our job as players to research, but that leaves a bad taste in my mouth since it's almost always going to be new players with little money who make that mistake.
Notacatbutalawyer 16: 8-3-1, earnings of $381,300 Founder Stakes, Flat Out Stakes, Lexington Race Course Stakes, Dade County Classic, Sunshine State Stakes, Distorted Reality Stakes, Midnight in the Sahara Stakes
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

LA Pepper wrote: 1 year ago ".. listing their stallion for every or most possible running types"
Ah, no. None of the sires of my confused foals were listed as dual/triple-distance/surface. I made my mistakes entirely on my own. :)
Karazhan, Deshaan
Storm Drawing Near (sire of Steward's Cup winner)
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I'm in the same boat as Ash. I've messed up several Paints because I'm zooming doing last minute breeding and not paying close enough attention to which mare I'm breeding. If I would stop leaving all my mares until the last minute it wouldn't be such an issues; I've said "next year I'll get them done earlier" for at least 10 real-life years now, maybe one day it'll actually happen...

I've also done a few goofs of running a horse in back to back weeks. Nobody's broken on me yet though so that's one good thing lol
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown