Never been here before, please help!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Kira Ravenwood
Grade 3 Winner

Never been here before, please help!

Post by Kira Ravenwood »

Okay, so I have 4 horses I am aiming toward the Steward's Cup races. I am looking for any sort of help at all that you folks can offer me. I've never been here before, so I have no idea what to do from here on. Thanks for helping!

Chainsaw aiming toward the Steward's Cup Turf Sprint race. I don't think an extra week of rest will harm him, but any other advice?

Ease Up Lad aiming toward the Steward's Cup Turf Dash race. He's slated to race this Friday before the big one, but is that too much? I don't want to rush the poor guy. Any other advice?

Muvee aiming toward the Steward's Cup Steeplechase race. I don't know if I should work her out or if steeplechasers gain benefit from it at all.

One Listens aiming toward the Steward's Cup Sprint race. Now I know I should have held him back until week 12 or 13 and raced him there, then gone on to the SC sprint, but since I didn't, should I work him out this week in preparation for week 16?

As I said, I am so excited to actually have horses that are decent enough to enter these races, I don't want to mess them up. Thanks for the help.
Now Standing:
One Listens $5,000 Dirt Sprinter
Ease Up Lad $10,000 Turf Sprinter
Battlestar $40,000 Dirt Sprinter
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Re: Never been here before, please help!

Post by Karl Smythe »

Kira,

I have only raced in the Chase.
Contino has always gone week 12 to week 16, no works and finished 3rd both times for me.
I was looking to have him fit and fresh each time.
This season I employed different tactics and went week 9 to week 13 and now onto the Chase.
He won the week 13 off 4 weeks.
That is what I have done so far, worked well for me. I was always happy with the result.

Best of luck with whatever you decide and Contino will meet you there. :)

JS
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

In a study done... last year? maybe? I found out that 50% of the Steward's Cup winners last ran Week 13, 25% week 12, and 25% week 14. I think only 1?? horse since the new SIM had won off a Week 11 prep.

Just something to remember! I should redo that research again.

--Emily
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

One Listens! I'm so excited for him! I would probably try to get him in a race for Monday - there's one in New Mexico. Or you could wait until the following Friday for this one.

I don't think there will be any problem at all with him running back on two weeks rest. Just my 2 cents.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Brittney Ellison
Miler

Post by Brittney Ellison »

Bequeath(funnily enough, One Listen's niece) won the Juvie Fillies Sprint with a week 11 prep last year. I did give her a 3 furlong work week 13.... I might give Chainsaw a work week 14, as well as One Listens, but that's just my opinion. I still sometimes feel like I have no idea what to do! Good Luck!
3 time Grade 1 Winner Stand Up: $15,000
Grade 1 Winner at 2, 3, and 4 Limousine: $20,000
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

I probably wouldn't work Chainsaw, and if you don't race One Listens before the SC, I would work him 2f or 3f Week 14 Friday. Ease Up Lad, if he's recovered from shipping over from Europe (I didn't look when you shipped him; if he's been here since soon after his last race I would *think* he'd be okay) should be fine running. Muvee I wouldn't work either probably, although I haven't had much experience with steeplechasers lol.
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Muvee should be fine hun, if you are nervous about it, do a little workout (no more than 4fl) to keep her on her toes, she should recover fast from the short work
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.