Question about maiden race splits

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Question about maiden race splits

Post by Stormy Peak »

I had several horses cut from the original maiden race I had them entered into and put into a split race. I was just curious as to what makes the computer decide who's maiden gets pulled out of the original race and into the newly created race.

If it's points, then when you have an overflow of maidens with no points in the race...is it done alphabetically, or is it the timestamp of when horses were first entered or is it just randomly done?

The reason I asked is I know I entered a few of my horses into maiden races when there were only a couple entries in it...and my horses were bumped out of the maiden races into the split races.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Re: Question about maiden race splits

Post by Abe Froman »

I am anxious to hear the result, but my guess would be randomly done.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

The computer code is written in a way to not be predictable and to be equally fair to everyone in the race. It is designed to make both races (the original and the new split race) be fair races - as if both races always existed. Technically it's not random. But it's also not alphabetical, points-based nor entry date/time. Those would all be "predictable".

I hope that helps. Basically, like many aspects of the SIM, it's magic!
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ah...the difference between computer geeks and regular people. When they make the computer do something interesting...it's magic.
....When I make the computer do something interesting...it's mostly just a lot of cursing, throwing things (like the mouse) at the wall, rebooting, re-installing, and never figuring out how things 'not-so-magically' got messed up. :lol:

Thanks for the info.

Stormy :wink:
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000