How many?????

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

okay i believe i head we get to keep 10 of our orgional horses to start over with???if so who's already got their 10 picked out????lol, I know i have....
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

Yes, it is 10 according to EM. I already picked mine out too.

My two biggest hopes are Moved To Tears 3 yr daughter Tears of the Stars(Star Studded) and Moved To Tears little brother Tears of Triumph.
I have another interesting one that although lightly raced was very consistent as a 2 yr old and that is Back Class-Abnaki(Commitisize) 3yr filly I have. Plus there is my two year old Zifandel daugher too.

If anyone looks at my stable you will see that is pretty much a turfy one. I am sticking with what I know best and that is turf(LOL).

Oh and for my broodmares: The main one i am keeping is Moved To Tears. I am also keeping her dam Storm of Tears and Abnaki(Commitisize).
Ronda Figal
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ronda Figal »

ya i think im looking very turfy also....Really A Star will be siring yet more homebred babies for me to play with later adn i believe if i remember right all 3 mares i kept are also turfy lines..and of the racers at elast 3 of the 6 are turf or bred to be turf...
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: How many?????

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Luckily I never had to do this.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Jesus Mr Lord Rich you gave me a heart attack! I thought we were all having to start over or something :lol:
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Carole Hanson wrote: 11 months ago Jesus Mr Lord Rich you gave me a heart attack! I thought we were all having to start over or something :lol:
:shock: Me too! Jeez! Until I read "17 years ago". :lol:
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Shannon Hunt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Shannon Hunt »

Years ago, I was on a forum-based racing sim (itty bitty one, never more than 20 active players, but a lot of fun). It restarted a couple of times when admin had been offline for a while and felt a clean slate was easier to manage than picking up where we had left off. I had a very successful stable at the time, so it bummed me out to restart, but fine, everyone's in the same boat. Started up with my new starters, all good.

And then admin announces a surprise sale. Essentially the champions/"fan favorite" horses from the previous iteration would be revived and auctioned back into the game. And, to prevent any one stable from grabbing all of them, we were sorted into groups and each horse was auctioned among the people into a given group.

Almost every single one of the auction horses were from my old stable. A group of maybe 7-8 horses and only 1-2 were originally owned by other people.

The auction set-up specifically stopped me from bidding on the majority of my own horses I had been forced to give up.

Seeing this thread revived my latent teenage fury for a minute here.
DENSE FOG - AWS multiple freak producer
YOU WILL BE FOUND - DR millionaire producer
Also standing arabian sprinter ISKANDAR ELAKBAR, all weather router SUNRISE INTHE DAWN, and chasers RACING PIRATE and SURVIVOR SE LEVE
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

Last edited by Jon Xett 11 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
Anthony Zappulla
Hall of Fame

Post by Anthony Zappulla »

17 years ago, that's just awesome!!
Out of the Gate Early its Let's Go to the Mall and Do Some Shopping, followed by Baby Crying, then we have Are we there Yet!! :roll:
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

Shannon, that just shows either 1) what a gentle soul you are or 2) how just plain crazy you are. I would have been so gone and never looked back. God bless you. That is not me.
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Shannon Hunt wrote: 11 months ago Years ago, I was on a forum-based racing sim (itty bitty one, never more than 20 active players, but a lot of fun). It restarted a couple of times when admin had been offline for a while and felt a clean slate was easier to manage than picking up where we had left off. I had a very successful stable at the time, so it bummed me out to restart, but fine, everyone's in the same boat. Started up with my new starters, all good.

And then admin announces a surprise sale. Essentially the champions/"fan favorite" horses from the previous iteration would be revived and auctioned back into the game. And, to prevent any one stable from grabbing all of them, we were sorted into groups and each horse was auctioned among the people into a given group.

Almost every single one of the auction horses were from my old stable. A group of maybe 7-8 horses and only 1-2 were originally owned by other people.

The auction set-up specifically stopped me from bidding on the majority of my own horses I had been forced to give up.

Seeing this thread revived my latent teenage fury for a minute here.
Wow, just reading that made me angry! The admin, should have never ever done that after forcing everyone to give up their horses...then handed them out to everyone but the original owners with a sale. If they needed 'gone', they should have been gone, and if there was room back for them in the game, they should have been given back to the original owners.

I was in another sim racing game before I joined here, and was in the top 5 stables, but I wasn't real life friends with the admin/owner. She had like 3 friends there who she gave advance warnings, when there were going to be some game changes, and then she would make those changes without giving everyone else in the game any warning at all.

Like when she upped the shipping fees -- I noticed that her 3 friends about a week prior, sent all their mares to the barns where the stallions they wanted to breed to where stationed. Then their mares + foals were all shipped back to their owner's barns. All the rest of us, who hadn't made breeding plans yet, where stuck with double the shipping bills to send our mares out, but too, had to bring them back, with their foals.

There were a few other incidents prior to that, that made me think the friends were getting help, but that one nailed it for me, and I gave my best horses to various folks, telling each why I was quitting, then I posted in the forum my prior suspicions and what I noticed with all that mass shipping and breeding by her 3 friends, and I quit. I don't know if my post stayed up long enough to do damage or if she took it down fast. I checked in on the place some years later and most of her forum was filled with 'this person is banned for cheating for 2 weeks' or 'this person was banned for foul language in the forum for 1 week'
It looked like an utter mess.

I am so glad I found this site. 8-)

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Carole Hanson wrote: 11 months ago Jesus Mr Lord Rich you gave me a heart attack! I thought we were all having to start over or something :lol:
I would love to see that.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Gwen Morse wrote: 11 months ago
I would love to see that.
why?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA