Thanks for the Sale. : )

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Thanks for the Sale. : )

Post by Stormy Peak »

Thanks for the GP Sale on the equipment, name reserves and headshots!

I'm not much of a drinker, but know there are some here. :wink: and was surprised no one had grabbed the name Hooch yet.
I got a hold of the the name Dissembling (to disguise or conceal behind a false appearance) too - which I think will look cool on a plain-jane bay that can run the socks off of other horses. :twisted:
I also was very pleased to reserve the name Roughian (an archaic spelling on Ruffian)...which I hope someday to name a colt that gets a stakes comment.

And...even though I'll probably be eating Ramen Noodles now for a month...I dug into my funds to buy a headshot for Forgave.

I think she's going to be Foremost's first million dollar earner. Forgave is only a 3 year old turf router, but already half way to that million dollar point. She won her first GI stakes last Friday, giving her now, a 1 GI, 2 GII, and 1 GIII for stakes wins.

I know her dam, and my favorite horse in this game, Foremost isn't the best broodmare in the game by a long shot...but she's my best mare and produced some foals for me that really kept my stable going and allowed me to improve it. Btw, she also has a yearling filly by Jabaar that received a 'moves like a stakes horse' comment. So next year I hope to be running 2 Foremost babies in graded stakes. :D

Anyway, without the discounts, I would have had to wait until after the SC races before being able to afford the headshot for Forgave.

So again....Thanks Em, (and to the artists) for the discounts on the equipment, name reserves and headshots.

Anyone else get some good names in reserve or get that headshot you've been wanting so much?

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Re: Thanks for the Sale. : )

Post by Charles Bunbury »

Stormy Peak wrote:
I'm not much of a drinker, but know there are some here. :wink: and was surprised no one had grabbed the name Hooch yet.
Stormy
Stormy, I think Hooch was one of the 65,000+ names released at the start of Y30? I managed to name one Wind earlier in the week!

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

Definitely want to thank the SIM team for the GP reduction sale this weekend, it is much appreciated!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Charles Bunbury wrote:
Stormy Peak wrote:
Stormy
Stormy, I think Hooch was one of the 65,000+ names released at the start of Y30? I managed to name one Wind earlier in the week!
You are correct...I just looked up "Hooch II" and see that LaDonna King had a mare by that name. When I picked up 'Hooch' I just typed it in as such, it was in the reserve name box...and it allowed me to reserve it. I like that name, Wind...good find there for you. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

You guys are so welcome! You all deserve it! About 12 more hours left in the sale!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

+1 to the thank-yous. I needed an excuse to splurge. :D
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.