One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Diane Townsend »

Katie Stepanian wrote: 5 years ago
Brianna McKenzie wrote: 5 years ago Can our Auction Bid information stay up after an auction ends? Not forever like the results page but for a while as it does on the the claims page?
That would be nice to see instantly what we won, rather than clicking through thr auction.
Also along the same lines, would it be possible to add a way of deleting those from your bid list that you're no longer going for? It can get pretty clogged up as a page and it would nice if we could slim it down personally when we've reached our limit.
Not the same thing but I look at my transactions page and see my winning bids if that helps
Nigerian Prince (TS)
Race With Lions (TM)
The Womble (TR)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid)
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Tamara Estes wrote: 5 years ago I know this has mentioned before, but is it possible to get names listed of those involved in each partnership.
This should be implemented asap.

Partnerships should be transparent and above board.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago
Tamara Estes wrote: 5 years ago I know this has mentioned before, but is it possible to get names listed of those involved in each partnership.

Ummm.. This is a thing as of 2 hours ago.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 5 years ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 5 years ago

Ummm.. This is a thing as of 2 hours ago.
If you want to get technical it was up about 18 hours ago! Someone even found it. Just didn't post about it til later.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Not totally sure this belongs here but oh well. So we were talking about the Simmy's in chat and came up with the idea of having a comitee vote. Maybe 10 people who will pick the best horse in there unbiased opinion, all using there own methods. This panel would be chosen by the Steward and presumably remain anonymous(for obvious reasons). It could hopefully take away the popularity contest aspect of it if they elected panel was truly unbiased.
yeah
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 5 years ago Not totally sure this belongs here but oh well. So we were talking about the Simmy's in chat and came up with the idea of having a comittee vote. Maybe 10 people who will pick the best horse in there unbiased opinion, all using there own methods. This panel would be chosen by the Steward and presumably remain anonymous(for obvious reasons). It could hopefully take away the popularity contest aspect of it if they elected panel was truly unbiased.
That's a non-starter. You can't have an anonymous committee and have the SIM at large agree that the committee is unbiased, without knowing who is on the committee in the first place. This is particularly true if the voting is going to be based on "their own methods" rather than some public criteria.

More importantly, before nominations were automated, the Steward had two or three players come up with the list of nominations, and every year, there were complaints as to who was/was not nominated. So, it was a lot of thankless work, and the automated nomination list took its place.
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Diane Townsend wrote: 5 years ago
Brianna McKenzie wrote: 5 years ago Can our Auction Bid information stay up after an auction ends? Not forever like the results page but for a while as it does on the the claims page?
That would be nice to see instantly what we won, rather than clicking through thr auction.
Also along the same lines, would it be possible to add a way of deleting those from your bid list that you're no longer going for? It can get pretty clogged up as a page and it would nice if we could slim it down personally when we've reached our limit.
Not the same thing but I look at my transactions page and see my winning bids if that helps
Oh I know that :) but I forget who I’ve bid on sometimes and I’d quite like to see who ended up with the horse. Plus being able to remove those we’re no longer interested in would be handy!
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 5 years ago Not totally sure this belongs here but oh well. So we were talking about the Simmy's in chat and came up with the idea of having a comitee vote. Maybe 10 people who will pick the best horse in there unbiased opinion, all using there own methods. This panel would be chosen by the Steward and presumably remain anonymous(for obvious reasons). It could hopefully take away the popularity contest aspect of it if they elected panel was truly unbiased.
You’ll never have unbiased opinion or unbiased panel. Absolutely impossible unless they were absolutely nothing to do with the game. Automation is fine but the number of categories probably needs cutting down and potentially a heavier weighting on the points system than people’s votes?
T.D. Palm
Grade 3 Winner

Post by T.D. Palm »

I know this has probably been said somewhere in the 86 pages of this thread, but as one who always uses the race viewer to see my results, is there any chance the races can be more realistic rather than a straight line run ?
It's better to have it & not need it than to need it & not have it.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 5 years ago Not totally sure this belongs here but oh well. So we were talking about the Simmy's in chat and came up with the idea of having a comitee vote. Maybe 10 people who will pick the best horse in there unbiased opinion, all using there own methods. This panel would be chosen by the Steward and presumably remain anonymous(for obvious reasons). It could hopefully take away the popularity contest aspect of it if they elected panel was truly unbiased.
You’ll never have unbiased opinion or unbiased panel. Absolutely impossible unless they were absolutely nothing to do with the game. Automation is fine but the number of categories probably needs cutting down and potentially a heavier weighting on the points system than people’s votes?
A truly unbiased opinion could never happen but with a panel of differing people who can be trusted to try there hardest to give an unbiased opinion would ultimately balance well in my opinion but I also understand what you mean.
yeah
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

I have no idea if this is easy, hard or impossible. I am a fantastic user of computers. Code, program no.

Any chance there could be a tab, custom barn setting or anything else that would stop a horse from being entered in any type of claiming races. I seem to have an issue entering NW2 or NW3 with a tag. Evidently I don’t read all the way to the end. Of course it gets claimed and I have to go back and look at the race again. I need protection from my own stupidity.

Thanks for looking.
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

George Knatz wrote: 5 years ago I have no idea if this is easy, hard or impossible. I am a fantastic user of computers. Code, program no.

Any chance there could be a tab, custom barn setting or anything else that would stop a horse from being entered in any type of claiming races. I seem to have an issue entering NW2 or NW3 with a tag. Evidently I don’t read all the way to the end. Of course it gets claimed and I have to go back and look at the race again. I need protection from my own stupidity.

Thanks for looking.
+1
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

George Knatz wrote: 5 years ago I have no idea if this is easy, hard or impossible. I am a fantastic user of computers. Code, program no.

Thanks for looking.
Another game I played had a box you could tick for each horse where, if it was ticked, claiming races didn't come up as an option for that horse to be entered in. SIMperior players already have the ability to select a "type" (surface and distance) for their horse which means they don't see races from outside that type when they click "Find a race for this horse". I'd think something similar for claiming races would be doable.

In the meantime, the "Claiming Price" (or whatever it's called) dropdown on the "Find a race for this horse" page includes an option to only show Non-claiming races. You could try to get in the habit of making that the first dropdown you select from every time, before you start looking at different conditions/circuits/whatever.
George Knatz
Miler

Post by George Knatz »

Thanks for the tip. I need to slow down some when entering.
Greg Mey
Derby Contender

Post by Greg Mey »

Is there any way to keep the Stud Book link on studs that have been gelded? I know they exist, but its a pain to get to. OR not let studs be gelded after they have sired?