One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Greg Mey
Derby Contender

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Greg Mey »

Also, I would like an option to select "Allowance or better", "Stakes or better", etc. in the Stud Book. IMO, it would be slightly more useful than comparing the gallop percentages at each level.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I would LOOOVE to be able to cc people in PMs. I do a lot of leasing and having to send the same message out 15 times sucks.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

OH also..Is it possible to lease/sell more than one horse at a time to someone? Again, it would amazingly helpful.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Louise Bayou wrote: 5 years ago OH also..Is it possible to lease/sell more than one horse at a time to someone? Again, it would amazingly helpful.
I second this (again) <3
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

Diane Townsend wrote: 5 years ago
Katie Stepanian wrote: 5 years ago
Brianna McKenzie wrote: 5 years ago Can our Auction Bid information stay up after an auction ends? Not forever like the results page but for a while as it does on the the claims page?
That would be nice to see instantly what we won, rather than clicking through thr auction.
Also along the same lines, would it be possible to add a way of deleting those from your bid list that you're no longer going for? It can get pretty clogged up as a page and it would nice if we could slim it down personally when we've reached our limit.
Not the same thing but I look at my transactions page and see my winning bids if that helps
it's actually the horses I don't win, that I get frustrated trying to track down.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I think for the Simmys, if we could have a page like the past performances page for each of the categories that would be fabulous! So you can see the past performances together on one page! It would literally look like the past performances page when you do a race call or want to bet but it would be the full year's results of that horse and all of the nominees would show up on the single page. Same for trainer. They'd have their own past performances with maybe the G1 wins listed that year or whatever their big achievement was with Starts - Wins - Places - Shows - Earnings for the Year. I think it would help many many vote if they didnt have to click on each individual horse!

So now that we can see who owns the partnerships, I'm super annoyed, like 15 out of 10 level, that one is able to create the same partnership twice. I don't even see the point of that. So my suggestion is that one is only able to own 3 steward breds of a single year combined on all accounts so others have a chance to buy these and one doesn't end up with 9.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

One not so small thing: would it be possible to get another checkbox when adding a horse to an auction, so that if it is checked the horse is auto sent to GP after the auction if it doesn’t sell (with applicable fees being taken of course)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Nena Olson wrote: 5 years ago I think for the Simmys, if we could have a page like the past performances page for each of the categories that would be fabulous! So you can see the past performances together on one page! It would literally look like the past performances page when you do a race call or want to bet but it would be the full year's results of that horse and all of the nominees would show up on the single page. Same for trainer. They'd have their own past performances with maybe the G1 wins listed that year or whatever their big achievement was with Starts - Wins - Places - Shows - Earnings for the Year. I think it would help many many vote if they didnt have to click on each individual horse!

So now that we can see who owns the partnerships, I'm super annoyed, like 15 out of 10 level, that one is able to create the same partnership twice. I don't even see the point of that. So my suggestion is that one is only able to own 3 steward breds of a single year combined on all accounts so others have a chance to buy these and one doesn't end up with 9.
Mmhmmmm. The trainer stats, in particular, can be annoying to chase down on the stats page, and if you're out of the loop and don't know who made the big stories that year, it leaves the voting process pretty muddled.

And yeah. Why there is any practical, non-rule-skirting-related purpose for having two of the exact same partnership is beyond me. As far I can see, the only reason for that is to amass more Stew-breds between the same players, so I'd be in favour of Nena's idea there as well.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Would it be weird to ask for a custom barn option for pasture horses so I can sort the ones I’ve kept for their names without having to go through tons of beasts :P
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Brad Searcy
Miler

Post by Brad Searcy »

Greg Mey wrote: 5 years ago Also, I would like an option to select "Allowance or better", "Stakes or better", etc. in the Stud Book. IMO, it would be slightly more useful than comparing the gallop percentages at each level.
+1
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Admittedly this is incredibly lazy of me but I would love it if the message announcing that the new simperior edge was up included a link to said edge.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

Arabian Mids would be awesome since we have it in other mixers ;)
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Tamara Estes
Miler

Post by Tamara Estes »

Nena Olson wrote: 5 years ago So now that we can see who owns the partnerships, I'm super annoyed, like 15 out of 10 level, that one is able to create the same partnership twice. I don't even see the point of that. So my suggestion is that one is only able to own 3 steward breds of a single year combined on all accounts so others have a chance to buy these and one doesn't end up with 9.
Totally agree with Nena on this. If it isn't a way to just get more stew breds, what is the purpose??

Another suggestion would be to have a Stew LEASE auction to give EVERYONE a chance to run a horse for Em, not just certain people that get blessed with this incredible opportunity. I am sure the game could be coded to allow for a longer lease than one year to accommodate this.
Breeder of Distant Dream, The SIMs richest and fastest turf miler ever.
INDIAN HILLS STUD - Home of Champions For your Kentucky boarding needs
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

If you mean those horses that are leased to players by The Steward, they’re foals from a mare of the player who races the foal. When Em leases a mare from you you usually get the option to lease for more and let her sell the foal or lease for less, keep the foal to race until 3 and then retire it at the end of that season, breed it once (so it would be a filly) and return the horse to The Steward. It’s not that certain people get privileges or anything like that. But then I’m not sure if you mean that or just generally no sale auctions
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Te Akau Downs wrote: 5 years ago Arabian Mids would be awesome since we have it in other mixers ;)
And Standardbred races up to 2mi. Maybe Standardbreds aren't born with stats at a range of distances though and, even if they are, we as breeders haven't been selecting for 1 1/2mi or 2mi distance ability so the current stallions might be no good. On the other hand, maybe we'd end up with multiple groups of "top" stallions - some who love 1mi, some who love 2mi, some who love something in between - and come breeding time we can spread the love a bit wider.