One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago
Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago I just thought of another suggestion. For TB studs - is there any way to have a separation of Stewardbreds from playerbreds for the offspring gallop results?
To get around this, I personally ignore the freak percentage and use % stakes and alw. More often then not, the freaks are stew-breds and the stallion's percentages are sometimes otherwise pretty average. If I'm still unsure, it's usually pretty easy to go through the top earning offspring and figure out what's what. Mind you, this wouldn't work in, say, DRs because freaks are way more common than in, say, TS, but it's what I do...
I do this too haha I also regularly use the search to see how many stewies a stud has. And depending how many stewies/how many freak or stakes the studs have I might message the owner and see if the stewie is the freak or not
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago I just thought of another suggestion. For TB studs - is there any way to have a separation of Stewardbreds from playerbreds for the offspring gallop results?
There is. Or, there is at least a way to identify the Stewardbreds, that’s a simple search for breeder + Sire = Steward + Sire X.

But I think your question has behind it the desire to assess how consistent the Stud is. You can do that in the existing structure too, and not even use gallops per se to accomplish it.

For Stallions that have 3 or more crops racing, so these are the 10-11yo types usually (or older).....
1- Check the average earnings per runner.
2- look at the list of Top earners.
3- if the Top 3-5 earners are WAY above average earnings, check them individually. Majority will be Steward bred.
4- if however, the Stallion has a long list of steady earners, even without one massive earner, it could well be a more consistent one. So,
5- if you can find a Stallion with like 15-20 or more earners above the average earnings, and frankly the more the better, you’re dealing with the kind of horse that this inquiry is trying to find.

For younger Stallions or ones that don’t have many runners, I use the gallops but it doesn’t matter if the horse was TBS or not. I just add up all the Allowance+ on one side, all the Solids or worse on the other. Productives are neutral in this setup, at least for me.

So (Good gallops)/(Bad gallops) = whatever it comes out to on that horse. Say it’s 50/40 = 1.25. Then I’ll take the result of that division x 25 or 30. That’s what I’m likely willing to pay to use the Stallion. (In thousands. So 37,500 in this example). Or thereabouts.

*** Allonsy is a good example of a Stallion that works well using either methodology, even for the 125K Fee.
The Black Glove is a good historical example of the first method described above.
Super works well for the second methodology, especially because his 25,000 Fee is both demonstrably worth it and also affordable for many players.

*** Using these methods, and you can debate this elsewhere or not, I think All of Time is close to being the undisputed Best Stallion in the Game, if you weigh the total opportunity cost of a Foal.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Real life dates in a horse's history, in addition to the SIM dates.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Do you think we could get a betting race of the day? Just a race that's either automatically determined or hand picked that will show up on the front page and encourage players to bet on it. Maybe whoever wins the most money from the race wins 1000 GPs encouraging players to bet more. You could also include like 5-10% takeout to remove money from the SIM if that's still a goal.
yeah
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Still wondering if the Late Bloomer comments can be added as a column in our racing barns.

Currently we gallop a horse and we get (2) things: A gallop comment and a bloomer comment.

We have a column for the gallop comment so that we can sort our horses by gallop.
Is it possible to add a column for the current bloomer type comments that are associated?

1. Late Bloomer
2. Should Progress
3. Peak
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago Still wondering if the Late Bloomer comments can be added as a column in our racing barns.

Currently we gallop a horse and we get (2) things: A gallop comment and a bloomer comment.

We have a column for the gallop comment so that we can sort our horses by gallop.
Is it possible to add a column for the current bloomer type comments that are associated?

1. Late Bloomer
2. Should Progress
3. Peak
I second this, again.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

All these name threads have me thinking that I would love a way to organize reserved names or add a short note to each when it's reserved...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago Still wondering if the Late Bloomer comments can be added as a column in our racing barns.

1. Late Bloomer
2. Should Progress
3. Peak
I second this, again.
Thirded
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

In addition to that I’d love if our mare and stallion pages showed their progress comment beside their gallop 😳
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I'd like to see a fourth category added to late bloomer, progress, peak - going downhill.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago I'd like to see a fourth category added to late bloomer, progress, peak - going downhill.
Lol, love it
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

one small thing I'd like to see implemented is when we put in a claim for a horse could we have that money taken out of our sim balance. Then if we don't win the claim just have the system give us the claim money back. Imo this would be easier to track how much we have left to spend or for more claims etc once we put one in.

I hope this makes sense.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
Kenneth Prater
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Kenneth Prater »

With all the dispersal auctions now, can the gallop and bloodstock comments be included?
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Kenneth Prater wrote: 4 years ago With all the dispersal auctions now, can the gallop and bloodstock comments be included?
I feel like that makes things a bit to easy and the big players would get every good horse. It would be harder to find those diamonds in the rough
yeah
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I'd like if progeny had an additional column for broodmare comments.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*