One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Dylan Christensen »

I'm just going to ask, why do you guys not want this change?
yeah
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago No horse changes its breed.

What if a horse wins a G1 on the flat early in the season and wins a G1 as a chasers later that season?
Seems highly unlikely, but it depends how the stats are calculated.

How I think the stats are calculated is by going through the races the player entered, not even caring who the Individual horses are. And therefor the system would be able to tell the difference between flat and jump races run by the same horse who becomes a steeplechaser mid year.

When a horse “becomes a steeplechaser” it is able to be sorted/listed as a separate breed in your racing barn technically it IS a separate breed. So it should be easy for the the system to sort the results over jumps vs flat, even if a specific horse won on flat and over jumps in the same year.
In which case it should be just as easy to sort by division as Katie suggested earlier.

Steeplechasers are also listed as a horse type, same as TR/DR etc.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Practical question to this particular conversation. If steeplechasers were to be classified as a separate breed, when a chasing mare is retired, will they be able to breed to a turf route stallion who has ability siring steeplechasers, or can they only breed to that stallion if that stallion is made cross-breedable (and the programming implemented to allow for that)? I'd rather advocate for revisiting the decision that steeplechasing be a permanent switch, so a horse could run on both flat and over jumps in the same season, if that horse was talented enough.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago No horse changes its breed.

What if a horse wins a G1 on the flat early in the season and wins a G1 as a chasers later that season?
Seems highly unlikely, but it depends how the stats are calculated.

How I think the stats are calculated is by going through the races the player entered, not even caring who the Individual horses are. And therefor the system would be able to tell the difference between flat and jump races run by the same horse who becomes a steeplechaser mid year.

When a horse “becomes a steeplechaser” it is able to be sorted/listed as a separate breed in your racing barn technically it IS a separate breed. So it should be easy for the the system to sort the results over jumps vs flat, even if a specific horse won on flat and over jumps in the same year.
In which case it should be just as easy to sort by division as Katie suggested earlier.

Steeplechasers are also listed as a horse type, same as TR/DR etc.
Then make your own suggestion instead of arguing with me about mine?

And being able to set a horses type has nothing to do with what I’m talking about. Yes steeplechase is a division, but in the SIM (yes in game, not real life) they seem to be modified in the system to be a new “breed”, since anyone, even without SIMperior, can sort out their steeplechasers one their barns using the breed filter.

Maybe steeplechasers should be made to be a separate breed. And multi-use stallions will have their cross breeding slots used for chasers vs their TB slots. *I* wouldn’t want that, because I’m trying to breed TR/SCers
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Any way to set things such that if you lease a horse in a custom barn it winds up back in that custom barn when the lease is terminated
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 4 years ago Any way to set things such that if you lease a horse in a custom barn it winds up back in that custom barn when the lease is terminated
This would be amazing! It used to if the horse was returned the same day, doesn’t anymore 💔
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago Practical question to this particular conversation. If steeplechasers were to be classified as a separate breed, when a chasing mare is retired, will they be able to breed to a turf route stallion who has ability siring steeplechasers, or can they only breed to that stallion if that stallion is made cross-breedable (and the programming implemented to allow for that)? I'd rather advocate for revisiting the decision that steeplechasing be a permanent switch, so a horse could run on both flat and over jumps in the same season, if that horse was talented enough.
I sent a message to Em earlier asking the very same thing :)

It should be possible now we can assign more than one division to a horse. They wouldn't need to "become a steeplechaser"
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

For stallions there is a box that lists all their winners on different surfaces. Anyway we can get this to be different distances for mixer stallions? Unless we are going to start running mixers on turf and AW? :D
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Since stallions can now have multiple types, can we have a column in the studbook that lists all the types a stallion is noted for? This would be super helpful. :D
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Anthony L Carder
Miler

Post by Anthony L Carder »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago For stallions there is a box that lists all their winners on different surfaces. Anyway we can get this to be different distances for mixer stallions? Unless we are going to start running mixers on turf and AW? :D
^^^^THIS
000 ALC Ranch~conveniently located next to Cimarron Park~

Haven's Cab-Appy Sprinter-$5,000
Alc Shark On Fire-TB DS-$12,500
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Anthony L Carder wrote: 4 years ago
Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago For stallions there is a box that lists all their winners on different surfaces. Anyway we can get this to be different distances for mixer stallions? Unless we are going to start running mixers on turf and AW? :D
^^^^THIS
OMG yes please
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

This obviously isn't a "small" thing but wasn't sure how else to bring it up.

Dark mode skin/option for the sim? This white is killing my night shift eyeballs
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

I would love to be able to ask the trainer for the fitness of a single horse or set of horses without jogging them. I would pay for this.
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago I would love to be able to ask the trainer for the fitness of a single horse or set of horses without jogging them. I would pay for this.
Would be another way to drain money, no?
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
The Harlequins
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Harlequins »

How about adding Cindy Sugar beet to your staff, Veterinary Dietitian.

She will tell you the correct feed at its current stage of devolpment your horse needs for 500GPs

Could be a choice of 5 items, getting the correct one could give a small boost in performance much in the same way a geld does.

The diet could be reviewed each season as the horse develops .

Frank
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.