One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Dan Kauffman »

This has probably been brought up, but can you pretty pretty pretty please make first class shipping a horse-specific option? I'd love to only use it with my stakes runners and just ship my claimers regularly.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Dan Kauffman wrote: 3 years ago This has probably been brought up, but can you pretty pretty pretty please make first class shipping a horse-specific option? I'd love to only use it with my stakes runners and just ship my claimers regularly.
Em has said that it will absolutely not be a horse specific option since it is designed to draw money out of the game.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago
Dan Kauffman wrote: 3 years ago This has probably been brought up, but can you pretty pretty pretty please make first class shipping a horse-specific option? I'd love to only use it with my stakes runners and just ship my claimers regularly.
Em has said that it will absolutely not be a horse specific option since it is designed to draw money out of the game.
OK. Thanks for the response.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Is there any chance that there can be some way to differentiate workout times when they come from a trial versus a normal workout?
When it comes from a trial possibly place an asterisk or bold it or even change the font color?

The reason I ask this is because I am under the impression that a trial is a simulated race and due to this i feel the horses are pushing each other to run faster resulting in a faster finish time. I am actually seeing the results when looking at the workout list. Some of the fastest times came from trials and those same horses were not even close to those times previously in workouts.

I use the workout time data to compare horses of a particular breed and the above described is causing it to be more difficult in comparing apples to apples as a new fruit that looks like an apple has infiltrated the basket.

Thanks!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago Is there any chance that there can be some way to differentiate workout times when they come from a trial versus a normal workout?
When it comes from a trial possibly place an asterisk or bold it or even change the font color?

The reason I ask this is because I am under the impression that a trial is a simulated race and due to this i feel the horses are pushing each other to run faster resulting in a faster finish time. I am actually seeing the results when looking at the workout list. Some of the fastest times came from trials and those same horses were not even close to those times previously in workouts.

I use the workout time data to compare horses of a particular breed and the above described is causing it to be more difficult in comparing apples to apples as a new fruit that looks like an apple has infiltrated the basket.

Thanks!
100% agree with this. I like my horse being at the top of the rankings, but she doesn’t really deserve it, she ran that time because she was working in company.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago Is there any chance that there can be some way to differentiate workout times when they come from a trial versus a normal workout?

Thanks!
100% this. In fact I’d take it one step further and not even include them at all on workout times lists. Results are visible on a horse’s results page, no need to clutter up workout times with something that’s not apples to apples with the other workouts.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Maybe a separate page for trial times?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Soooooo, for the offering stud slots privately could we add a field for a custom stud fee? So if people wanted to offer a bunch at a discount/free they can :3
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Thanks!
Bumping this.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago

Thanks!
Bumping this.
You don't need to bump it, we read every word on this thread. Bumping it a bunch of times isn't going to make us work faster #realjobs
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Bump it. Bump bump it up
;p
Gwen Morse
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gwen Morse »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago Soooooo, for the offering stud slots privately could we add a field for a custom stud fee? So if people wanted to offer a bunch at a discount/free they can :3
OH PLEASE YES TO THIS!!!!

Pretty please. People offer free/low cost breedings all the time but it's very complicated right now because you have to pay the full fee then sell or lease them a horse to get the money "paid back" and it's a huge nuisance. This appears to be a control on being shifty with moving money between dummy accounts, but just making a stud fee free (or discount) means _less_ shifty money hijinks in the sim.

Also, as the eternal voice of new/poor players, this would also allow people who didn't have enough cash to breed to an expensive sire to get a free breeding and be able to use it without even more complicated money movements.
--
my swap mares: https://tinyurl.com/35jk5aah
Regina Moore's new player articles (not mine) https://www.simhorseracing.com/featurer ... pleID=5100
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

A couple of things, one small and one not so much:

1. Could we please have a 'Mark as Read' button in our inbox? So that we don't have to open each lease/scratch/trainer message individually.
2. Could the SIM Museum be updated a little please? For example, the SC page is one where you have to scroll to get to a specific race and it takes ages to load usually. Could we have a drop down menu instead?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago 1. Could we please have a 'Mark as Read' button in our inbox? So that we don't have to open each lease/scratch/trainer message individually.
I usually just select and delete them 😅
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Carole Hanson wrote: 3 years ago A couple of things, one small and one not so much:

1. Could we please have a 'Mark as Read' button in our inbox? So that we don't have to open each lease/scratch/trainer message individually.
Done
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG