One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Danny Derby »

I'd like the ability to be able to to have an "Unsure About Equipment" checkmark when setting a horses equipment. Would use this in cases where I'm not quite sure if I have it right or not, so I know to follow up on these animals.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago I'd like the ability to be able to to have an "Unsure About Equipment" checkmark when setting a horses equipment. Would use this in cases where I'm not quite sure if I have it right or not, so I know to follow up on these animals.
I just use the Equipment Set star for the ones that are confirmed, and not for the ones that I'm unsure about. I routinely jockey check everything without a star after every race.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago Admittedly not sure if this is possible but would there be a way to populate the owner field for deceased horses in the ranking pages (maybe with last owner or owner when they retired?) just think it would be nine to get a feel for how many horse someone truly has on the list.
This is done now with a caveat. Deceased horses that are in the previous owner's cemetery, will have their owner listed in the rankings. If the horse is not in their cemetery, then no owner will be listed in the rankings.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago I'd like the ability to be able to to have an "Unsure About Equipment" checkmark when setting a horses equipment. Would use this in cases where I'm not quite sure if I have it right or not, so I know to follow up on these animals.
I just use the Equipment Set star for the ones that are confirmed, and not for the ones that I'm unsure about. I routinely jockey check everything without a star after every race.
Stop making sense!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago
I do the same thing, Laura.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

The Admin wrote: 3 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago Admittedly not sure if this is possible but would there be a way to populate the owner field for deceased horses in the ranking pages (maybe with last owner or owner when they retired?) just think it would be nine to get a feel for how many horse someone truly has on the list.
This is done now with a caveat. Deceased horses that are in the previous owner's cemetery, will have their owner listed in the rankings. If the horse is not in their cemetery, then no owner will be listed in the rankings.
Great!!! Thanks. Figured it wouldn't be perfect but is nice to see a lot more owners listed
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Since purses for stakes were reduced, could we have the stallion earnings threshold for mixers lowered to $300k? I'm looking at the 3yo and 4yo colts and their earnings, and I think it would be helpful.
Dan Kauffman
Hall of Fame

Post by Dan Kauffman »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago You know how we get pointless messages about pension horses? How about pointless messages for us the trainer.

“Wow! You whopped datass last night!”

“Congrats on passing another milestone!”

“You are one onry sumbitch!”

“Keep it up, don’t get you head down!”

“You lose some den you lose some more, ya?”
The idea is funny, but ooof, you don't want to do that last one.
‹Ali Hedgestone› Oh you get addicted to the crack after a while.
This spot reserved for my super-amazing TR stallion come Year 136.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

Did the Barn column go away as an option in the custom barns? I think I miss it (if it used to be there and I didn't dream...☺). Can we have it back, please?
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Get rid of the colt/filly ratio. Does it really still serve a purpose?
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago Get rid of the colt/filly ratio. Does it really still serve a purpose?
I second the motion
;p
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Can retired mares somehow be marked by their "buy" button being a different color or something on the sales page? I'm a derp and have wasted probably 15k just this week buying mixer fillies who I don't realize are retired, plus the costs to GP them because they are useless to me. I"m sure others accidentally do that too?
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I did it as a new player quite often and both ways. Bought fillies that weren’t retired when I was looking for broodmares
;p
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I feel kind of bad asking for something again so soon after getting the greatest thing ever in claiming horse type (yet not bad enough not to ask I guess)

Not sure if this one is possible logistically coding wise but I was wondering if it would be possible to get a hypo grades tab for stallions you didn't own so you could see all the mares you'd hypo'd to that stallion.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

I think what would be helpful is adding when you have one piece a v or g letting you know which is needed to get the 2nd piece