One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Diane Townsend »

Art Kage wrote: 3 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago I'd like the ability to be able to to have an "Unsure About Equipment" checkmark when setting a horses equipment. Would use this in cases where I'm not quite sure if I have it right or not, so I know to follow up on these animals.
I think what would be helpful is adding when you have one piece a v or g letting you know which is needed to get the 2nd piece
I just write in the horse notes f8 + vet or whatever
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Diane Townsend wrote: 3 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago I'd like the ability to be able to to have an "Unsure About Equipment" checkmark when setting a horses equipment. Would use this in cases where I'm not quite sure if I have it right or not, so I know to follow up on these animals.
I think what would be helpful is adding when you have one piece a v or g letting you know which is needed to get the 2nd piece
I just write in the horse notes f8 + vet or whatever
Yes that’s what we are trying to avoid, if you can look down the entire column and it shows you can just click down all the og and then do a msss gallops and the ov a mass vet check
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Agree that would be nice to have the official labels but in the meantime what I've been doing at the suggestion of another simster is using "one piece" for all my horses with a vet piece as their 2nd and "no equipment" for all my horses that have a trainer 2nd piece. I don't really need those designations for their intended purpose as equipment set with only 1 or no equipment will give me the same information and this way I can easily use quick filter as you said for mass vet checks.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Art K Stables »

Thanks Tammy
That’s an easy enough work around for a “ small thing “
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Lots of people us the no equip or one piece WITHOUT equipment set to indicate those things. For example:

Blinkers + Vet might be:
b,ne

Or Shadow Roll + Trainer might be:
sr,op

Depending what you’d like each to mean, you might want the op to mean vet 🤷‍♀️

Edit: aaaand I see that Tammy wrote the same thing 🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

I would really really like to be able to search for sires and dam sires by line of descendant.

For example, I could put in a show me every sire standing who traces directly back to Just Victory on the sire side. Or on the damsire side. Something like that. Ideally it goes all the way back to the OG SIM horses like Storm Bird, Seattle Slew, Unbridled etc...
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Andrew James wrote: 3 years ago I would really really like to be able to search for sires and dam sires by line of descendant.

For example, I could put in a show me every sire standing who traces directly back to Just Victory on the sire side. Or on the damsire side. Something like that. Ideally it goes all the way back to the OG SIM horses like Storm Bird, Seattle Slew, Unbridled etc...
Oooh. I like.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Laura Smith wrote: 3 years ago
Andrew James wrote: 3 years ago I would really really like to be able to search for sires and dam sires by line of descendant.

Oooh. I like.
This would be cool
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Paul Sellers
Eclipse Champion

Post by Paul Sellers »

I realize that you can "usually" tell based on the $1 price. But when I click on a stallion's stud book page and see offspring for sale, it would be much nicer if pensioned horses weren't included. Is there really a demand for pensioned horses?
"I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse."

-- John Galsworthy
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Paul Sellers wrote: 3 years ago I realize that you can "usually" tell based on the $1 price. But when I click on a stallion's stud book page and see offspring for sale, it would be much nicer if pensioned horses weren't included. Is there really a demand for pensioned horses?
Good catch, will change ASAP
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Good catch, will change ASAP
This was post #2020 in this thread and nothing exploded or was horrible. Go Em 🤣
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Derby future betting in the SIM?

What a novel idea!
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Paul Sellers wrote: 3 years ago I realize that you can "usually" tell based on the $1 price. But when I click on a stallion's stud book page and see offspring for sale, it would be much nicer if pensioned horses weren't included. Is there really a demand for pensioned horses?
DONE!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 3 years ago Derby future betting in the SIM?

What a novel idea!
Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please!!!
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nini Hunter wrote: 3 years ago
Gwayne Mike wrote: 3 years ago Derby future betting in the SIM?

What a novel idea!
Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please!!!
This would be SUPER fun.