One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Can we please have the categories adjusted in the ranking page so we can separate out stats between normal TB horses and steeplechasers?

Within the last 4 season there was already a change implemented to separate out the mixer breeds from the overall stats via a drop down.
Is there any reason why this change has not yet been implemented to distinguish the difference between a true TB and a Chaser?
My suggestion is separate them between "TB FLAT" & "TB CHASE".

When I am viewing player rankings for TB FLAT horses I am unable to sort out all the trainers running chasers and it causes the rankings to not appear accurate according to what I am trying to view. If they were categorized in the rankings books/pages between the two it would make things easier.

The Steeplechasers themselves already have a way of differentiating the records between the two right on the horse page so I know the coding would not be that difficult for this change.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago Can we please have the categories adjusted in the ranking page so we can separate out states between normal TB horses and steeplechasers?

Within the last 4 season there was already a change implemented to separate out the mixer breeds from the overall stats via a drop down.
Is there any reason why this change has not yet been implemented to distinguish the difference between a true TB and a Chaser?
My suggestion is separate them between "TB FLAT" & "TB CHASE".

When I am viewing player rankings for TB FLAT horses I am unable to sort out all the trainers running chasers and it causes the rankings to not appear accurate according to what I am trying to view. If they were categorized in the rankings books/pages between the two it would make things easier.

The Steeplechasers themselves already have a way of differentiating the records between the two right on the horse page so I know the coding would not be that difficult for this change.
+1
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Assuming they get split up like they should it would be nice to get some more Chaser Simmy awards
yeah
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Maybe add a function people could pay for “updated gallops” without galloping your horse?

So maybe for a limited window, say Week 1 and Week 9, people can pay to have the gallop comment updated on their horses? Definitely not a small amount of money, since it would mean that they don’t have to gallop them.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Can I please request Triple Crown trophies? Would love to have a shiny one in my trophy cabinet ;)
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Is there a way to have a scratch warning be PMed maybe 24 hours before races close? So if you have a horse entered in say a stakes who won’t “make the cut”, so you might be able to find a new race at the same track before entries close? 😅
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago Is there a way to have a scratch warning be PMed maybe 24 hours before races close? So if you have a horse entered in say a stakes who won’t “make the cut”, so you might be able to find a new race at the same track before entries close? 😅
You telling me you spend more time looking at horse names to own then your entries?
;p
Jon Snyder
Classic Contender

Post by Jon Snyder »

Maybe have a way to separate trophies by type or some other sorting method, rather than seeing them in chronological order. Not that I have any to separate really. But when checking out what others have achieved...
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

When sorting races by track condition would it be possible to have an option to see all off track races. I am usually happy to get my mud horses in any race with some rain so don't necessarily care if its good vs sloppy vs yielding so would find an all mud option more useful than having the 3 different ones separated out
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago When sorting races by track condition would it be possible to have an option to see all off track races. I am usually happy to get my mud horses in any race with some rain so don't necessarily care if its good vs sloppy vs yielding so would find an all mud option more useful than having the 3 different ones separated out
Very good idea :)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

money suck idea: charge sim bucks per post. extra to start a thread
;p
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago money suck idea: charge sim bucks per post. extra to start a thread
+1
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Ad $1 million to post on this thread. I feel this would be a win/win for the steward
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago Ad $1 million to post on this thread. I feel this would be a win/win for the steward
BEST IDEA Y'ALL HAVE EVER COME UP WITH
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Steward wrote: 3 years ago
Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago Ad $1 million to post on this thread. I feel this would be a win/win for the steward
BEST IDEA Y'ALL HAVE EVER COME UP WITH
SO YOU MEAN ONLY THE RICH GET INPUT IN THE GAME?!

😉
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program