One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Danny Derby »

Pietro Vella wrote: 2 years ago Can we please have the categories adjusted in the ranking page so we can separate out stats between normal TB horses and steeplechasers?

Within the last 4 season there was already a change implemented to separate out the mixer breeds from the overall stats via a drop down.
Is there any reason why this change has not yet been implemented to distinguish the difference between a true TB and a Chaser?
My suggestion is separate them between "TB FLAT" & "TB CHASE".

When I am viewing player rankings for TB FLAT horses I am unable to sort out all the trainers running chasers and it causes the rankings to not appear accurate according to what I am trying to view. If they were categorized in the rankings books/pages between the two it would make things easier.

The Steeplechasers themselves already have a way of differentiating the records between the two right on the horse page so I know the coding would not be that difficult for this change.
I too would very much like to see this.
David Howard
Miler

Post by David Howard »

The next 8 open auctions finish at: 2am, 3am, 3.30am, 4.30am, 5am, 2am, 2am, and 2am in the UK.

How about rolling time slots for the auction end times? So one finishes at 6am, the next one at noon, followed by one at 6pm, and finally one at midnight, etc, etc...
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

David Howard wrote: 2 years ago The next 8 open auctions finish at: 2am, 3am, 3.30am, 4.30am, 5am, 2am, 2am, and 2am in the UK.

How about rolling time slots for the auction end times? So one finishes at 6am, the next one at noon, followed by one at 6pm, and finally one at midnight, etc, etc...
The Steward-bred and dispersal auctions do have a variety of time slots for auction end times. The rest are player auctions, and you get to pick what time you want the auction to close. Most players pick closer to results time because more players tend to be online at that time, which is why you see so many in that general time range, from a UK perspective. I tend to pick weekends, because I can get a time that fits more time zones, but it probably isn't helpful to people who work weekends. On the other hand, with the advent of putting a maximum bid, there's less need to be around at the end of the auction than in the old days.
David Howard
Miler

Post by David Howard »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 2 years ago
David Howard wrote: 2 years ago The next 8 open auctions finish at: 2am, 3am, 3.30am, 4.30am, 5am, 2am, 2am, and 2am in the UK.

The Steward-bred and dispersal auctions do have a variety of time slots for auction end times. The rest are player auctions, and you get to pick what time you want the auction to close. Most players pick closer to results time because more players tend to be online at that time, which is why you see so many in that general time range, from a UK perspective. I tend to pick weekends, because I can get a time that fits more time zones, but it probably isn't helpful to people who work weekends. On the other hand, with the advent of putting a maximum bid, there's less need to be around at the end of the auction than in the old days.
One solution that might also help Em with her "game point money drain" is to charge a premium for peak auction time slots?
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
Diane Townsend
Classic Contender

Post by Diane Townsend »

Can we get the horse type at the top of the training page? It would be one less thing I have to try to remember when I open the page lol
Race With Lions (TM)
Seismic (TR)
Legendary Dragonet (Chase)
Red Eyed Me (Appy Mid) - leased out this year

NEW in Y66:
Nigerian Prince
(TS)
The Womble (TR)
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

While I'm here - suggesting a "ship to home or closest farm" button again for Results pages because it would save me SO much time LOL 8-) 8-) 8-)

Another suggestion - in the "Find Horses for this Race" another column listing distance the horse is from that racetrack would be very useful! :D
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Mark Markson
Sprinter

Post by Mark Markson »

Emily Mitchell wrote: 2 years ago
Another suggestion - in the "Find Horses for this Race" another column listing distance the horse is from that racetrack would be very useful! :D

Yes, yes, yes

Please
Savina Lazaki
Sprinter

Post by Savina Lazaki »

Apologies if this has been posted already, but I have an idea or two.

What if on the sales pages the breeds were a separate menu from new player sales/recommended/recently modified? So we could use two of those options at a time.

Also an option for filtering retired or not?

I know I should've been paying attention, but that second one would've prevented me from buying this:

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1186864

There I was thinking I was about to go make myself some monies.
Ma Springs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ma Springs »

As my breeding barn grows I would really appreciate more ways to organize and sort my mares. I already have a couple of custom barns for favourite mares, "get rid ofs" and the rest, but I can see a few more useful options.

Would like to be able to easily sort and/or filter for "stakes winners", "stakes winner producers" and something regarding the foal gallops. What if the breeding barn had another tab, much like the "training schedule" in the racing barn, with some useful info and foal gallop ratings as columns and % for each mare (and sorting for each column)?

This and/or a possibility to use tags. Then I could use my own tags to mark my mares "SW", "SWP", "Freak producer", "Steward bred dam", "Cute headshot" or whatever I can come up with. 😏
Nashville Stud
Elite Power | DS/DM/AWS/AWM/AWR | $40,000
Levels | TM | $12,000 with incentives
Kacchan | TM | $3,500
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Ma Springs wrote: 2 years ago As my breeding barn grows I would really appreciate more ways to organize and sort my mares. I already have a couple of custom barns for favourite mares, "get rid ofs" and the rest, but I can see a few more useful options.

Would like to be able to easily sort and/or filter for "stakes winners", "stakes winner producers" and something regarding the foal gallops. What if the breeding barn had another tab, much like the "training schedule" in the racing barn, with some useful info and foal gallop ratings as columns and % for each mare (and sorting for each column)?

This and/or a possibility to use tags. Then I could use my own tags to mark my mares "SW", "SWP", "Freak producer", "Steward bred dam", "Cute headshot" or whatever I can come up with. 😏
I thought of something similar the other day! Having a column in the breeding barn to display the highest foal gallop 🤪
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I’d like it if we were able to release names of pensioned horses who are still alive, assuming they meet all the other criteria of releasing a name. With so many horses in the game, it’s getting more and more difficult to name new horses. This also would steer people towards using the existing reserve a name feature for names they want to reserve, rather than getting around it by holding names on pensioners, a win for the sim.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

nope, I dont agree with the above. A name on your own horse whether racing retired alive or dead should belong to the person owning the horse. theres no reason you cant PM a player and ask for the name anytime you want but at least its the owners perogative.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Pepper Carol wrote: 2 years ago nope, I dont agree with the above. A name on your own horse whether racing retired alive or dead should belong to the person owning the horse. theres no reason you cant PM a player and ask for the name anytime you want but at least its the owners perogative.
It's unrealistic in a game that has 1,398,906 horses in existence (shout out to Spencer!) to think that once you name a horse that you should be entitled to own that name forever. It's that way in real racing also, names get re-used all the time. No one is taking the horse away from you, and they just get a roman numeral like "I" added to the end of their name. Where's the harm in this?

Also keep in mind that I'm not suggesting this should impact horses that currently can't have their names released (I think it's a $150K or $200K earning limit?) We aren't going to see a scenario where there's suddenly another Skyfall with this, it just would free up names from the legions of pensioners who may or may not have earned a few bucks and now keep them unavailable for decades.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago I’d like it if we were able to release names of pensioned horses who are still alive, assuming they meet all the other criteria of releasing a name. With so many horses in the game, it’s getting more and more difficult to name new horses. This also would steer people towards using the existing reserve a name feature for names they want to reserve, rather than getting around it by holding names on pensioners, a win for the sim.
I would be fine with this as long as it didn’t kill my pensioned horses. Yes I know they aren’t real but we get sentimentally attached and especially if I just paid $20k to save a mare I would be pretty angry to see someone kill her the next day to take her name. I would imagine it would be doable but I am pretty sure currently releasing names of AJ horses kills them.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I only pension to save names so it would definetly save me sim money cus I'd just sticK the name on a claimer in my racing barn 😎

Well I guess I pension my stars too
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚