One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Jo Ferris »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 4 years ago Now that we may add stallions to different parts of the studbook, could we make it so that their percentages actually reflect the ability their offspring have on the surface/distance we are looking into?

E.g. It is of little use for me to see stats inflated by a stallion's sprint offspring when I am looking for a mile/mid-distance colt. Alternatively make it visible at first glance that the horse is listed over sevaral distances/surfaces so that I can go look it up myself. Mark them with an asterisk? It annoys me slightly that I have to go check up on every stallion to make sure their most prominent offspring are actually running over the distance they are listed for.

No shadow over the owners listing their stallions over distances they have some ability for. I'd just like to easily figure out (on the first listing page in the studbook) whether each particular stallion would actually be comparable over the distance/surface I am looking for, or whether the numbers are or may be skewed.
YES!! This would be amazing, I imagine that'll be a little difficult though to have 100% accurate as non SIMperior players can't set horse type, so would be nice to also have totals overall
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago
Ash Tarasin wrote: 4 years ago Now that we may add stallions to different parts of the studbook, could we make it so that their percentages actually reflect the ability their offspring have on the surface/distance we are looking into?

E.g. It is of little use for me to see stats inflated by a stallion's sprint offspring when I am looking for a mile/mid-distance colt. Alternatively make it visible at first glance that the horse is listed over sevaral distances/surfaces so that I can go look it up myself. Mark them with an asterisk? It annoys me slightly that I have to go check up on every stallion to make sure their most prominent offspring are actually running over the distance they are listed for.

No shadow over the owners listing their stallions over distances they have some ability for. I'd just like to easily figure out (on the first listing page in the studbook) whether each particular stallion would actually be comparable over the distance/surface I am looking for, or whether the numbers are or may be skewed.
YES!! This would be amazing, I imagine that'll be a little difficult though to have 100% accurate as non SIMperior players can't set horse type, so would be nice to also have totals overall
In addition, other players, even with Simperior, don't set type or list multiple types. I'm a prime example of this, as I don't set type until I have the horse's equipment figured out, regardless of whether the horse gallops freak or claimer. So, it isn't unusual for me to have 2yo routers that still don't have their type set as of the first half of their 2yo year. I see why people would like it, but I question how helpful it will ultimately be, given you are relying on other players to set only one type for their horses and set it early on.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago
Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago

In addition, other players, even with Simperior, don't set type or list multiple types. I'm a prime example of this, as I don't set type until I have the horse's equipment figured out, regardless of whether the horse gallops freak or claimer. So, it isn't unusual for me to have 2yo routers that still don't have their type set as of the first half of their 2yo year. I see why people would like it, but I question how helpful it will ultimately be, given you are relying on other players to set only one type for their horses and set it early on.
Definitely, I only set mine when they are named, usually as 2yos when their races open. Seeing as I only run Allowance+ my Productive and lower ones never get set unless they turn out to have a good BA comment and I use as a broodmare
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Can we have a way to buy SGF-1000?
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Relying on people's settings (or lack of them) when calculating percentages for a stallion is is an equally big (or small) problem regardless of whether the stallion is noted for one or several different surfaces/distances, though.

Use the distances/surfaces the horse is actually running/winning over (<8f/8f/>8f or <400yrd/400yrd/>400yrd), rather than to rely on people's settings? Or would that be to head into an uncode-able landscape? (I wasn't actually aware of that the numbers were run depending on the settings we make.)
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

More of stallions and distances.

The stud book can be enhanced to show an stallions winner by distance. Distances can be categorized ahead of time:

TB for example:
Sprint = 2f - 7.5f
Mid = 8f
Route = 8.5 and above (have to somehow categorize as flat distance due to chasers)

Then the stud book can have a columns added to show winners by distance so we can actually see on a studs page if they can produce sprinters, mids, and routes.

Can even add % to those fields. It’s a lot of additional coding I’m sure as you would have to know the attempts at said distances, but just a thought.

The only flaw I could see here is that a trainer can place/win a distance not normal of that stud due to a walkover, but those will be few and far between.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Could we get Average Points Per Start added time the Horse ranking page please :3
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

After 117 pages, this is my 'one small thing'. : Could you keep the links up for broadcasts a day or so after the races so doufesses like me who forget or cant listen to all can look up the winners easily the next day?
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Pepper Carol wrote: 4 years ago After 117 pages, this is my 'one small thing'. : Could you keep the links up for broadcasts a day or so after the races so doufesses like me who forget or cant listen to all can look up the winners easily the next day?
Can I second this, please?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Nick Gilmore wrote: 4 years ago
Pepper Carol wrote: 4 years ago After 117 pages, this is my 'one small thing'. : Could you keep the links up for broadcasts a day or so after the races so doufesses like me who forget or cant listen to all can look up the winners easily the next day?
This actually surprises me, I'm always super aware of taking up all that space on your home pages and try to get it off of there ASAP.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Anyone other than myself, suffer from "Mouse Finger?"

From all that scrolling!
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
This actually surprises me, I'm always super aware of taking up all that space on your home pages and try to get it off of there ASAP.
I like this. Just an extra day would be ok with me. I am always trying to remember a horse that ran or won's name, so I can search it and watch the race.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

The Steward wrote: 4 years ago
You could create a page that links to all the calls :) Like just a Date - Race Card and it goes to the YouTube video. Then when people are bored out of their skulls cus they are stuck inside with no sports for 9000 days... they can just listen to them all LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Still sitting over here wishing equipment could be in bold or a different color when its given during a gallop... please.help.me.I'm.old. lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago Still sitting over here wishing equipment could be in bold or a different color when its given during a gallop... please.help.me.I'm.old. lol
This would be a kindness to us random old people. ;)
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED