One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Ashley Gibson wrote: 3 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago I'd like to see a new SIMMY Award added for Best Break Drama. It can be awarded Week 1 each year, and would no doubt be a very prestigious award.
I feel like this would cause there to be MORE drama.

The award should be for those who don’t take part in Break drama 🤪
Didn't Em say she was taking your forum membership away like 5 days ago---during break?!?
I’m not saying *I* would get one, I’m just saying people might be on their best behaviour 😉
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Two small things. On entries and results page, would be cool to see a total of entries for a day and region like it shows up for results. You can just look and see you have 53 horses entered for week 1 day 1.

When you click to bid on a horse in auction, be neat if it said somewhere “You are high bidder” or “such and such is high bidder “ was presented to read
;p
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago
When you click to bid on a horse in auction, be neat if it said somewhere “You are high bidder” or “such and such is high bidder “ was presented to read
All you need to do is look at how many high bids you have before you bid. If it goes up by one you're the high bidder.

If you look at who the high bidder is before you bid, if you're not the high bidder it will be the same person.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

If you get sent a link, or come across it any other way through research and random clicking, For a horse at auction or alternatively search for horses at auction using the sales page. Then you have to open more pages and find it in the auction
;p
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago
Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago
All you need to do is look at how many high bids you have before you bid. If it goes up by one you're the high bidder.

If you look at who the high bidder is before you bid, if you're not the high bidder it will be the same person.
I mean it's just a make our lives easier thing. If it doesn't get implemented that's fine and if it does that's great.
yeah
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Could there be an obvious indication when you have text typed in the quick filter and it's active? I pretty regularly forget I have it filtered and then realize I've missed a bunch of horses later on. It sticks around when you leave the page and come back which is nice but I always forget it's there. Maybe highlight the filter box in a color when there's text in it, as an idiot alert.

Also, side note, for me the column widths get messed up when the quick filter is active and you reload the page.
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Money drain - pay to prevent a horse in your graveyard from having their name released to anyone but yourself. I hate seeing some of my broodmares lose their names, Legacy's End's is an example. I bought the second Legacy's End just in case I could ever give the name back lmao
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

What if you could lease a farm. I don't know
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Love the new nonclaier and nonbarrier trial horse types. Was wondering if we could also get a "claimer" horse type that would default to only showing claimer races.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Rebecca Rose Hepburn wrote: 3 years ago Money drain - pay to prevent a horse in your graveyard from having their name released to anyone but yourself. I hate seeing some of my broodmares lose their names, Legacy's End's is an example. I bought the second Legacy's End just in case I could ever give the name back lmao
You can give the name back - I've done that a few times by using the contact us button. That said, I like the money drain idea.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago Love the new nonclaier and nonbarrier trial horse types. Was wondering if we could also get a "claimer" horse type that would default to only showing claimer races.
This!
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago Love the new nonclaier and nonbarrier trial horse types. Was wondering if we could also get a "claimer" horse type that would default to only showing claimer races.
I also thought of this, but it wouldn’t work. The default needs to be able to see all races, since the modification is only for SIMperior members. So if the default was no claiming races non-SIMperior members wouldn’t be able to enter claimers.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I also thought of this, but it wouldn’t work. The default needs to be able to see all races, since the modification is only for SIMperior members. So if the default was no claiming races non-SIMperior members wouldn’t be able to enter claimers.
It'd work, it's just a quick filter system for SIMperior members. Non-SIMperior members would see the races as they see it now which would be like if a horse has no horse type set so it'd show everything. Love the idea
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Alleyne Torres wrote: 3 years ago Could there be an obvious indication when you have text typed in the quick filter and it's active? I pretty regularly forget I have it filtered and then realize I've missed a bunch of horses later on. It sticks around when you leave the page and come back which is nice but I always forget it's there. Maybe highlight the filter box in a color when there's text in it, as an idiot alert.
Oh my god, yes please, I'd love an idiot alert for this :lol: I do this way too often, no matter how many times I still forget :roll: I'm not a huge fan of the filter staying filled, but I see it's purpose. I just tend to use it for quick things like finding a specific horse so I don't need it to stay filled in
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Maybe "default" wasn't the right word. But if simperior members can set horses so that only nonclaiming races show up for that horse, or only turf mile races while other people can see all the races for their horses I don't see why there would be a reason simperior members couldn't likewise set a horse so that only claiming races showed up for that horse. It would seem the mechanism is already in place it just requires the coding of "claimer" as a horse type.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*