One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Danny Derby »

A confirmation box when submitting an exchange offer. It's way too easy to accidentally mix up whether you're submitting an offer for GP or Sim $.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Ability in the studbook to filter stallion results based on what type of horse the offspring are set as. For example a stallion set as DR/TR/AWR may have MUCH better results on one surface than the others. As it stands now, this is all meshed together for most data in there apart from the raw number of winners on each surface. Would be great to know Gallop % based on surface etc.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago Ability in the studbook to filter stallion results based on what type of horse the offspring are set as. For example a stallion set as DR/TR/AWR may have MUCH better results on one surface than the others. As it stands now, this is all meshed together for most data in there apart from the raw number of winners on each surface. Would be great to know Gallop % based on surface etc.
Agreed, a way to tell them apart would be very handy.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago Ability in the studbook to filter stallion results based on what type of horse the offspring are set as. For example a stallion set as DR/TR/AWR may have MUCH better results on one surface than the others. As it stands now, this is all meshed together for most data in there apart from the raw number of winners on each surface. Would be great to know Gallop % based on surface etc.
This and there should definitely be separated chase stats for obvious reasons. I hate having to do the math for every stud.
yeah
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

This has been suggested before (at least twice in this thread), and the problem with this is that the information will be incomplete at best because you are depending on other players. For example, I don't set my horse type until I'm about ready to race the horse (and definitely don't set before I figure out equipment), so I have all sorts of freaks and stakes that don't have a type set. Others have said the same thing the last time or two this has been suggested. Also, if someone doesn't have Simperior, they can't set a type. I think you're more likely to get misleading information than helpful information with this, especially if a large portion of the sample size doesn't have any type set.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago
This has been suggested before (at least twice in this thread), and the problem with this is that the information will be incomplete at best because you are depending on other players. For example, I don't set my horse type until I'm about ready to race the horse (and definitely don't set before I figure out equipment), so I have all sorts of freaks and stakes that don't have a type set. Others have said the same thing the last time or two this has been suggested. Also, if someone doesn't have Simperior, they can't set a type. I think you're more likely to get misleading information than helpful information with this, especially if a large portion of the sample size doesn't have any type set.
Well aware it wouldn't be perfect, but it would much less misleading than it currently is, and the horses without a set type could be displayed as such. We already rely on players setting horse types for their stallions, so the precedent is there. Just because the solution isn't perfect doesn't mean it wouldn't be better than it currently is.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Im not sure Ive ever understood the issue with this. It would be another tool at our disposal and us as players would have to be able to decide how we use it like many things in this game.
yeah
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago
Well aware it wouldn't be perfect, but it would much less misleading than it currently is, and the horses without a set type could be displayed as such. We already rely on players setting horse types for their stallions, so the precedent is there. Just because the solution isn't perfect doesn't mean it wouldn't be better than it currently is.
If the Steward and Admin want to implement it, they will. They'll have a much better view of how many horses actually have a set type than the anecdotal information, like mine, that has been posted. You could really get some false information out there as to which surface is better for a stallion's first crop or two, depending on sample size and how many horses have a set type rather than unspecified (you could also have people setting the wrong type). I'm not convinced that this method would actually be less misleading than what we have right now, which is why I've posted the potential problems I see with this proposal each time it has been suggested. If they do implement it, I hope they leave the total percentages in as well.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

The information could be based on avg points per start earned by progeny on certain surfaces or something.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

i would like to see speed figures on barrier trials
;p
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

I've mentioned this one before. I would greatly greatly appreciate it if when we ask about equipment the horse then automatically becomes equipped with said piece of equipment.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

any chance of adding a box on the racing barn that offers you to see your peak, progressive and late bloomers.
I have taken to galloping late bloomers instead of racing them and it would be so much easier if I could just look at them in my racing barn as opposed to creating a custom barn for them.
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Karl Smythe wrote: 3 years ago any chance of adding a box on the racing barn that offers you to see your peak, progressive and late bloomers.
I have taken to galloping late bloomers instead of racing them and it would be so much easier if I could just look at them in my racing barn as opposed to creating a custom barn for them.
I know I have asked for a drop down for peak/progressive/bloomer at least twice on this thread already
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
Karl Smythe wrote: 3 years ago any chance of adding a box on the racing barn that offers you to see your peak, progressive and late bloomers.
I know I have asked for a drop down for peak/progressive/bloomer at least twice on this thread already
You can just type "late bloomer" into quick filter and have only those show up
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago
Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago
You can just type "late bloomer" into quick filter and have only those show up
That's not what I want though =)