One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Re: One Small Thing

Post by LA Pepper »

It just isn't 'real life' to have so many freaks and blue hens in this game. I know it makes people happy to have them, and its hard to keep people happy in this game, but it seems to me that should be reserved for the upper 0.5% of the population. Every breeding farm in the real world doesnt have a blue hen in the pasture nor do they have a kentucky derby quality horse in or even a stakes horse in the training barn. We need another category, for the super upper crust, to reflect this.
Doug Cuomo
Derby Contender

Post by Doug Cuomo »

A trophy for winning the Most American Derby. I mean the futurity gets one, geez!

(Honestly I assumed it got one but never knew cause I had never finished better then 2nd til this week lol)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Doug Cuomo wrote: 2 years ago A trophy for winning the Most American Derby. I mean the futurity gets one, geez!

(Honestly I assumed it got one but never knew cause I had never finished better then 2nd til this week lol)
I’ll second this. The futurity is the premier race with the bigger purse, so at least it has a trophy
;p
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

On the topic of trophies, triple crown trophies would be cool :D
Hope Bentley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Hope Bentley »

I have a idea that I am not sure if its been mentioned before .... but its in regards to stallions that are getting ready to be pensioned. I know it comes up in the news feed, and if you check on the individual horse if he's that age you will see if he’s limited with time. But to avoid missing out on any stallion, there could be a section to list all “almost pensioned” stallions. You could have a alert system to alert you on those horses too which would be very helpful, but I also think a list you could go to even if its a simperior advantage, where you can see such a list.

And I also reckon the Most American Derby deserves a trophy :) too!

Edit: want to add one more thing - Embryo Transfer for QH, Appy & Paint mares. So for a large sum or GP’s hopefully not too out of reach for too many - ET for racemares, and even for that older mare that may be at risk of dying. While the racemare situation is straight forward, older mares could have a ET done and that foal would count as in their number of foals but they do not get the risk of dying. There could be just the straight fee for the new foal. Or maybe you have to have a recipient mare for every ET foal to make it more real. Maybe some already owned mares that are young but not suitable in their pedigree or breeding potential can go on to be a ET mare instead of being pensioned.

Stallions
*Silver Kitty Cat
*Macha Taima
*Rockin to the Stars & more
Past Stallions
*Black Wolf *Blue Montana Gold *Fire Fire *Streakin Goldstrip
*Bear Encounter *Blood Red Sun *Held High and other greats
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Hope Bentley wrote: 2 years agoEdit: want to add one more thing - Embryo Transfer for QH, Appy & Paint mares. So for a large sum or GP’s hopefully not too out of reach for too many - ET for racemares, and even for that older mare that may be at risk of dying. While the racemare situation is straight forward, older mares could have a ET done and that foal would count as in their number of foals but they do not get the risk of dying. There could be just the straight fee for the new foal. Or maybe you have to have a recipient mare for every ET foal to make it more real. Maybe some already owned mares that are young but not suitable in their pedigree or breeding potential can go on to be a ET mare instead of being pensioned.
Interesting!!!!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Could we please get a “Grandsire” sorting column on the search results page, please! ☺️

Also, a button to view/hide columns on auctions like we can in our barns peas ❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Would be nice to have scheduled vet visits posted on the Custom Barns Training Chart.
Poldark | 3 time G1 winner. Including the Midsummer Classic. $42,500.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

How about Stakes stats, so we don't need to go to the results and count ourselves?

Example:
Total Stats: 14: 5-2-4
Dirt: 14: 5-2-4
Turf: 0: 0-0-0
AW: 0: 0-0-0
Listed Stakes: 3
G3: 2
G2: 0
G1:1
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Sara Julin wrote: 2 years ago How about Stakes stats, so we don't need to go to the results and count ourselves?

Example:
I have spreadsheets for this, it would be amazing not have to do it manually
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Sara Julin wrote: 2 years ago How about Stakes stats, so we don't need to go to the results and count ourselves?

Example:
Where do you want this? I don't want to see a summary before I look at my results
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Dave Trainer wrote: 2 years ago

Example:
Where do you want this? I don't want to see a summary before I look at my results
At the the same place like the overall results, where we see the horses pedigree, gender, name etc. In that template, would be nice.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

I would like the full purse from a walkover.
;p
Randall Allen
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Randall Allen »

Autoshipping horses that are scratched from races would be awesome.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Can we please have the categories adjusted in the ranking page so we can separate out stats between normal TB horses and steeplechasers?

Within the last 4 season there was already a change implemented to separate out the mixer breeds from the overall stats via a drop down.
Is there any reason why this change has not yet been implemented to distinguish the difference between a true TB and a Chaser?
My suggestion is separate them between "TB FLAT" & "TB CHASE".

When I am viewing player rankings for TB FLAT horses I am unable to sort out all the trainers running chasers and it causes the rankings to not appear accurate according to what I am trying to view. If they were categorized in the rankings books/pages between the two it would make things easier.

The Steeplechasers themselves already have a way of differentiating the records between the two right on the horse page so I know the coding would not be that difficult for this change.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA