One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’d also love the “breed this mare” link on the booking page to work on mobile 😜 (iPhone SE/7/8 using Safari)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rachel Sadler
Turf Router

Post by Rachel Sadler »

I dont know if this has been bought up before, or if there is a way of doing it, but with so many stallions now being multi surface/distance it would be good to be able to see the % of freaks, stakes. allowance etc foals per distance/surface of that stallion.

A multi distance/surface stallion might have better percentages on one distance/surface then another and as a breeder that information is valuable.
"I wish people will tell me when there unhappy"

We did, and you didn't do anything to fix the reason why we are unhappy!
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 4 years ago I dont know if this has been bought up before, or if there is a way of doing it, but with so many stallions now being multi surface/distance it would be good to be able to see the % of freaks, stakes. allowance etc foals per distance/surface of that stallion.

A multi distance/surface stallion might have better percentages on one distance/surface then another and as a breeder that information is valuable.
seconded
yeah
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago
Rachel Sadler wrote: 4 years ago I dont know if this has been bought up before, or if there is a way of doing it, but with so many stallions now being multi surface/distance it would be good to be able to see the % of freaks, stakes. allowance etc foals per distance/surface of that stallion.

seconded
I agree, it's a great idea. However, the types are set by the owners. So the numbers are unlikely to be accurate.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago

seconded
I agree, it's a great idea. However, the types are set by the owners. So the numbers are unlikely to be accurate.
Agreed but I definitely think it would be a great addition and extra guide for breeding.
yeah
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago Having been spending a lot of time on the booking page I would love to see:
- Table of gender by horse type
- Bred column doesn't sort quite right. It sorts in descending order, but it goes 1, 10, 103, 11.
- Drop down filter or something for horse type. The quick filter (even with quotes) will sometimes pull up additional mares when trying to filter by type.

Happy breeding all!
Don't have any horses booked to check there but on the stallions page it looks like bred is now sorting correctly!!!
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Forewarning... this is not that small of a thing lol

So I'm making these mixer stud ads and it is boggling my mind how many stakes races they run in are sponsored by players. Most are just listed stakes with S$500,000 to S$1,000,000 purses! :shock:

So I decided to look up stuff and holy cats! No wonder it seems next to impossible to win stakes races with stakes mixers lol All the freaks must have to run in listed stakes XD Also, not a lot of opportunity to get to the $350k stud limit. Appys get it the worst!

Appy Sprint: 164 Stakes. 152 Listed, 12 Graded. 7.3% Graded
Appy Mid: 147 Stakes. 135 Listed, 12 Graded. 8.2% Graded
Appy Route: 134 Stakes. 124 Listed, 10 Graded. 7.5% Graded

Arab Sprint: 139 Stakes. 118 Listed, 21 Graded. 15.1% Graded
Arab Route: 128 Stakes. 103 Listed, 25 Graded. 19.5% Graded

Paint Sprint: 161 Stakes. 143 Listed, 18 Graded. 11.2% Graded
Paint Mid: 148 Stakes. 130 Listed, 18 Graded. 12.2% Graded
Paint Route: 131 Stakes. 115 Listed, 16 Graded. 12.2% Graded

QH Sprint: 162 Stakes. 142 Listed. 20 Graded. 12.3% Graded
QH Mid: 215 Stakes. 191 Listed, 24 Graded. 11.2% Graded
QH Route: 130 Stakes. 114 Listed, 16 Graded. 12.3% Graded

STBP: 234 Stakes. 195 Listed, 39 Graded. 16.7% Graded
STBT: 223 Stakes. 186 Listed, 37 Graded. 16.6% Graded

SC: 277 Stakes. 196 Listed, 81 Graded. 29.2% Graded

TB DS: 624 Stakes. 449 Listed, 175 Graded. 28.0% Graded
TB DM: 257 Stakes. 127 Listed, 130 Graded. 50.6% Graded
TB DR: 534 Stakes. 174 Listed, 360 Graded. 67.4% Graded

TB TS: 511 Stakes. 316 Listed, 195 Graded. 38.2% Graded
TB TM: 325 Stakes. 121 Listed, 204 Graded. 62.8% Graded
TB TR: 530 Stakes. 150 Listed, 380 Graded. 71.7% Graded
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Can we please have a column so we can see if they are Peak/Almost Peak (I dunno the term)/Late Bloomer. Thanks!
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago

seconded
I'm going to note that I don't set the distance/surface for _any_ of my horses until I have the equipment set, and I'm fairly certain that I'm not the only player who does this.I wouldn't be surprised if the better horses are more likely to have the distance/surface set than the poorer performers. Also, only Simperior players can set distance/surface. At best, this might provide some help for the sophomore/third year sires - after that, the better performers will show up in the top 15 progeny (or even on the workout pages). It's not a bad idea, but I think you could easily get misleading/skewed information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago Can we please have a column so we can see if they are Peak/Almost Peak (I dunno the term)/Late Bloomer. Thanks!
As someone who just went through about a thousand horses one by one to sort them, and will do so again mid year...yes please lol
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Single horse auctions for a cheap price (1,000-2,000 GP maybe?) so people will do that when trying to lease/sell a single really nice horse, rather than mystery forum negotiations that frustrate everyone!
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Single horse auctions for a cheap price (1,000-2,000 GP maybe?) so people will do that when trying to lease/sell a single really nice horse, rather than mystery forum negotiations that frustrate everyone!
Ooohhh yes please!
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Ali Hedgestone
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ali Hedgestone »

I would love if we could get some conditional formatting in the barns. Mainly in the racing barn to tell us if the horse is entered in a shorter turn around than 2 weeks. But it would also be cool if we could set intervals for races for horses and have it use conditional formatting to tell us if we were shorter than the desired rest period.
Dan Kauffman: 52 mixers previewed. You (and Glenn) should get paid or institutionalized (Y48, W15, D3)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago I would love if we could get some conditional formatting in the barns. Mainly in the racing barn to tell us if the horse is entered in a shorter turn around than 2 weeks. But it would also be cool if we could set intervals for races for horses and have it use conditional formatting to tell us if we were shorter than the desired rest period.
If you have Simperior, it tells you ran last and entered for, so you can look at the two to see if it is less than two weeks. Also, when you enter horses, it tells you when they ran last, and you can sort by ran last date - I do that and just look at the horses that ran two or more weeks ago as possible entrants.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago
Ali Hedgestone wrote: 4 years ago I would love if we could get some conditional formatting in the barns. Mainly in the racing barn to tell us if the horse is entered in a shorter turn around than 2 weeks. But it would also be cool if we could set intervals for races for horses and have it use conditional formatting to tell us if we were shorter than the desired rest period.
If you have Simperior, it tells you ran last and entered for, so you can look at the two to see if it is less than two weeks. Also, when you enter horses, it tells you when they ran last, and you can sort by ran last date - I do that and just look at the horses that ran two or more weeks ago as possible entrants.
If you've paid the vet for a soundness check you can see that on both pages as well. I do my entries the same way as Laura.