One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Erica Olson
Listed Stakes Winner

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Erica Olson »

I have wished many times that the info on deceased horses' pages would include their last owner, instead of just the breeder. Often one person breeds a horse and then another person races it and breeds it and has it in their barn for 20 years. Doesn't seem right that only the breeder gets recognition on their pages. I have often traced back pedigrees a few generations, found an amazing stallion or broodmare that I wasn't familiar with, then had to dig around in their history feeds to see who raced them.
Hall of Fame Pacer!
Highland Billy

Trotter Stud:
Viceroy - 5K
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Is there a way to add a horse to an auction from their page? I can't see one, but it would be SUPER handy :)

Also a way to minimize all the horses already entered into an auction would be Lovely! And a way to add a reserve after the horse is in the auction, without having to remove and add it back
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

On our trainer stats page could we have the option for steeplechaser from the breeds filter please? ❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Could there be an option to save a quick note next to a horses name when we add them to our alert horses? I can't tell you how many times I add a horse to my alert horses and then completely forget why I did that. Was it on the sales page and I didn't pull the trigger in time? Did I want to claim it? Does it have similar breeding to one of my horses? Did I just like the name? I'll never know without a comment box.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Randell Johnson
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Randell Johnson »

Erica Olson wrote: 4 years ago I have wished many times that the info on deceased horses' pages would include their last owner, instead of just the breeder. Often one person breeds a horse and then another person races it and breeds it and has it in their barn for 20 years. Doesn't seem right that only the breeder gets recognition on their pages. I have often traced back pedigrees a few generations, found an amazing stallion or broodmare that I wasn't familiar with, then had to dig around in their history feeds to see who raced them.
I have been thinking of this FOREVER! I really love this idea! I have a whole bunch of horses in my Deceased barn that I wish would have the recognition that I owned them (Last owner). I love to collect all the Steward breds I can, and the top horses I can. I think it would be cool to have the last owner there.

P.S. Not quite the reason you had, but similar in theory!

I WOULD REALLY LOVE FOR THIS TO BE IN SIM 8.0.... something in the future maybe!
Gunite - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1785312
DM/DS & Steeplechaser - RL Steward Created, A's & A+'s

Chase Elliott - https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1241172
Stewards Cup, Saudi, Pegasus Winner
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Jo Ferris wrote: 4 years ago
Jo Ferris wrote: 5 years ago Is there a way to have a mass setting a second career for pensioned horses?? Just mass retired a bunch over the past few weeks, but have to go through one by one to set their new career
Pretty please?
I second this.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Maybe for the deceased horses, have the last owner that had it before it pensioned listed, if we are going to list its "last owner"? It doesn't seem right that if somebody owns a horse for its whole racing/breeding career and then a barn disbands so somebody picks up the 19 year old from AJ for $1 that the person who buys it for $1 gets all the recognition as its owner lol.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I just tried out the “race results” text option, I was hoping it would just be the stats like 11 Starts : 11-0-0 $16,522,058,089 😜

Is there a way that could be made an option? And maybe an option to include the names of the winners only?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago I just tried out the “race results” text option, I was hoping it would just be the stats like 11 Starts : 11-0-0 $16,522,058,089 😜

Is there a way that could be made an option? And maybe an option to include the names of the winners only?
It should show you only the Horse Name - Place and then at the very end Total Earnings: $000
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago I just tried out the “race results” text option, I was hoping it would just be the stats like 11 Starts : 11-0-0 $16,522,058,089 😜

It should show you only the Horse Name - Place and then at the very end Total Earnings: $000
Yep, but what I was hoping it would be is your stats for that post time. If I have a ton of horses run that would be a VERY long text 😅
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Is there a way to fix the notification of horses retiring horses? There is no financial benefit to gelding, so you get a news feed that has 6 pages of unraced horses retiring that would have previously been gelded and not shown up on the list.
Greg Mey
Derby Contender

Post by Greg Mey »

1) I wish that the Stud Book link would be kept on pages even for geldings. There are a few studs that were gelded after being used. You can manually find the Stud Book entry, but it seems like it would be less of a hassle to have the link remain.

2) I wish that you can not work a yearling until W4D7 or W5D1. Every so often I lose track when I'm trying to set up my barn and I get hit with a rash of injuries. This is clearly my fault. When it is almost a guarantee of an injury, why do we even have the option? Please save me from myself!
Darren Rook
Miler

Post by Darren Rook »

more spot competitions - i remember a comp where we had to find a horse with a certain headshot - it was a ruffy looking blue horse. amused me. :lol:
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Greg Mey wrote: 4 years ago 1) I wish that the Stud Book link would be kept on pages even for geldings. There are a few studs that were gelded after being used. You can manually find the Stud Book entry, but it seems like it would be less of a hassle to have the link remain.
It’s possible that Gelding no longer giving $1,000 may stop people from Gelding after retirement! One can hope!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Garret Folsom wrote: 4 years ago Is there a way to fix the notification of horses retiring horses? There is no financial benefit to gelding, so you get a news feed that has 6 pages of unraced horses retiring that would have previously been gelded and not shown up on the list.
PLEASE. Maybe make it so it only puts a notification if the TB male horse is 350k or over :( dunno what the limit for mixers would be but maybe like 150k
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚