One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Savina Lazaki
Sprinter

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Savina Lazaki »

Emily Mitchell wrote: 2 years ago I would love to be able to select a bunch of horses that I'd get "alerts" on if the race I entered them in gets past being filled (more than 5 horses)

Also still wishing for a "ship to home or closest barn" that would legit save me hours :lol:
I also like ship to closest. Especially if its closest with lowest board.
Last edited by Savina Lazaki 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I’ve had people ask if I’d release a name, even offer to buy it. Normally if they ask nicely, I’ll gladly give it up. Likewise, I’ve asked people for names and likewise, they’ve been happy to give them up. It’s a pleasant interaction when someone finds a pedigree a certain name nails.

On the other hand, I don’t respond well to people who whine.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 2 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago Not going to lie, it's annoying seeing people hoard horses for names, especially when you find that perfectly fitting name but the horse who holds it is a 3yo pensioner just chilling in someone's barn. Yes I could message the owner but it's the same deal as with messaging people about stud breedings, why should I be forced to do so?
Because they own the horse and not you?
Yes, but some people buy $1 horses from AJ just to keep the names. It's not even like they have a special connection to the horse, they just want to hoard the name.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Also, I'm just saying it's annoying, not saying Danny's solution is perfect. The system we have now is also not perfect but nothing ever is really.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

How about, you are allowed to keep the name of a pensioned horse you own for as long as you want so long as you pay 500GP to reserve it, and you get a 2 SIM season grace period where you are able to choose to do so, or to release the name to use on another horse for free during that time. After 2 SIM seasons the name would be released to the general public.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago How about, you are allowed to keep the name of a pensioned horse you own for as long as you want so long as you pay 500GP to reserve it, and you get a 2 SIM season grace period where you are able to choose to do so, or to release the name to use on another horse for free during that time. After 2 SIM seasons the name would be released to the general public.
Or I could just release the name, immediately reserve it for the same 500 GP and hold it indefinitely as a reserved name, not tied to any horse, pensioned or otherwise, until I'm ready to use it.

I'm also going to say I'm a little leery of something in the game that only has a GP option. Can new players even use the exchange, for example? There are other times where GPs aren't all that available via the exchange.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 2 years ago
I'm also going to say I'm a little leery of something in the game that only has a GP option. Can new players even use the exchange, for example? There are other times where GPs aren't all that available via the exchange.
There is no non-GP option for headshots and people are just fine.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 2 years ago
There is no non-GP option for headshots and people are just fine.
Can't pay us with SIM Money :P
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Savina Lazaki
Sprinter

Post by Savina Lazaki »

Is there a way we could be informed ahead of time of the changes coming down the pipe? Or if there's a way to see that somewhere already, could someone kindly tell me where that is?
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Why are we using the one small thing thread to debate reserving names through pensioned horses. Please start a specific thread for this. The one small thing thread was not created for debates
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Jack Ryder
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Jack Ryder »

Pietro Vella wrote: 2 years ago Why are we using the one small thing thread to debate reserving names through pensioned horses. Please start a specific thread for this. The one small thing thread was not created for debates
Sorry Pietro as no one has created a thread I just wanted to add something.
What if whenever someone clicks to release a name on a pensioned horse of someone else, the current owner gets the option of reserving the name but has to do in fixed period of time either 1 day or a week or else they lose the name.
In respect to why this gp feature of name reserving must not have an alternative while other features must is because name reserving isn't essential to winning or progression in the game.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

How about a option where you can choose when you want first class shipping. To the track, home from track, or both? Right now it is both by default if you have first class shipping activated.
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Sara Julin wrote: 2 years ago How about a option where you can choose when you want first class shipping. To the track, home from track, or both? Right now it is both by default if you have first class shipping activated.
I believe Em has said in the past that they will not be changing anything about how first class shipping works because it’s meant to drain money out of the game.
Sara Julin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Sara Julin »

Carole Hanson wrote: 2 years ago
Sara Julin wrote: 2 years ago How about a option where you can choose when you want first class shipping. To the track, home from track, or both? Right now it is both by default if you have first class shipping activated.
I believe Em has said in the past that they will not be changing anything about how first class shipping works because it’s meant to drain money out of the game.
Ahhh, okay ^^
Portrait Artist of the Sim~
Standing Stallions, Crayon, Illegalist
Stallions Soon To Come, n/a
A horse gallops with it's lungs, perseveres with it's heart and wins with it's character~
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Not sure if this could be an option, but setting column priority for custom barns would be AMAZING!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt