One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Andrew James »

It would really really help from a time management standpoint if we could select or deselect multiple horses from our barns using the shift key like you can in excel.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

It would be nice if the Dubai Races had the 3-horses per trainer limit that the Steward's Cup and Triple Crown races have. Any chance of implementing that?
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Okay, I'm using home locations for the first time, and it has me wishing that when you select a home location for your horse, you could choose from a list like the one on the shipping page, where you can sort by location, distance, board cost, etc. The way it is now, I have to scroll through the whole dropdown list to find the one in Malaysia or whatever because I can't remember what it's called. Maybe I want to choose a farm in Australia but I have no way of knowing if the one I pick is $20 or $200 board without looking it up separately.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago Okay, I'm using home locations for the first time, and it has me wishing that when you select a home location for your horse, you could choose from a list like the one on the shipping page, where you can sort by location, distance, board cost, etc. The way it is now, I have to scroll through the whole dropdown list to find the one in Malaysia or whatever because I can't remember what it's called. Maybe I want to choose a farm in Australia but I have no way of knowing if the one I pick is $20 or $200 board without looking it up separately.
I would love the option to choose, "The closest farm with $?? or lower boarding cost." I'm guessing this has come up before and I'm fine with it the way it is as well.
Gavin Guile
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Gavin Guile »

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but could we set a default distance for workouts per horse? It takes some time to change from 2 furlongs dirt for each horse that needs multiple workouts.
SHOOTING STAR STABLES

Stallions
Bonecrusher (DS)
Connor (DR)
Master of Deception (DR)
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Gavin Guile wrote: 4 years ago Not sure if this has been mentioned, but could we set a default distance for workouts per horse? It takes some time to change from 2 furlongs dirt for each horse that needs multiple workouts.
This would be amazing
yeah
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago Okay, I'm using home locations for the first time, and it has me wishing that when you select a home location for your horse, you could choose from a list like the one on the shipping page, where you can sort by location, distance, board cost, etc. The way it is now, I have to scroll through the whole dropdown list to find the one in Malaysia or whatever because I can't remember what it's called. Maybe I want to choose a farm in Australia but I have no way of knowing if the one I pick is $20 or $200 board without looking it up separately.
Welcome to the Dark Side. This actually is a good idea, because she is right — the scroll down menu where you select a home location is like the one place where there is no information (save for the name) about the location/farm itself.
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Glenn Escobar wrote: 4 years ago
Welcome to the Dark Side. This actually is a good idea, because she is right — the scroll down menu where you select a home location is like the one place where there is no information (save for the name) about the location/farm itself.
This is one of those things where I go see what you all are talking about and I'm like "omg who designed this game."
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Rank by G1 wins in the Player Rankings PLEASE. Ask for this 1-2 times a year as it would greatly help me with SIMMY voting for humans. Seems like it's a simple addition, am I wrong?
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Rank by G1 wins in the Player Rankings PLEASE. Ask for this 1-2 times a year as it would greatly help me with SIMMY voting for humans. Seems like it's a simple addition, am I wrong?
Or put their 'Stats' on their profile page?
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Player trophy for winning the Triple Crown and Canadian Triple Crown?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Gwayne Mike wrote: 4 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago Rank by G1 wins in the Player Rankings PLEASE. Ask for this 1-2 times a year as it would greatly help me with SIMMY voting for humans. Seems like it's a simple addition, am I wrong?
This! I would love to see stats on profile pages, including the list of G1 winners...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago
This! I would love to see stats on profile pages, including the list of G1 winners...
YES PLEASE <3
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Gwayne's World
Eclipse Champion

Post by Gwayne's World »

Stats on a player's profile page, only if approved by the player.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago

YES PLEASE <3

For the record, not what I'm asking for. Just want G1 wins as a field on the existing rankings page.