One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago
Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago

This! I would love to see stats on profile pages, including the list of G1 winners...
YES PLEASE <3

For the record, not what I'm asking for. Just want G1 wins as a field on the existing rankings page.
I like this too! Also the ability to just look at stakes numbers (starts/wins/otb/etc etc etc)!

Aaaand another one, maybe on the financial summary page add “average” to the drop down so we can compare each year to the average of all our years together?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Flizan Hambletonian
Turf Router

Post by Flizan Hambletonian »

When submitting articles- could it be possible to include pictures or movies (url-links, just like the forum)?
Country House Turf Router, AW Router, Steeplechaser
Smoke and Gusto Paint Dirt Router
Flizans Bourbon Steeplechaser
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I would like to be able to look things up on the Search page like stakes race names. I would just like to plug in "American Futurity" or "Baltimore Crown" or whatever and have it pop up when it runs or ran in previous years. Maybe there is already a way to do this but I don;t know it?

I do use the stakes schedule page but sometimes with mixers I'm not sure what the distance is for or whatever and for some reason the stake schedule page loads slower for me then the Search page. I can eventually find what I'm looking for now, just would like it to be easier, if possible and not too much trouble.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I was thinking it would be nice if mares just auto pensioned vs dying. Is there a reason they don’t and we have to pay to save them while stallions get to pension for free?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Here is a little item that has always bugged me. Spending many weeks, sometimes even a full SIM year (if it's an Arabian) galloping 25-30 or more times looking for that training piece. For a vet piece, it might take 10-15 tries max, but I get the piece on the same day, whereas 15 gallops take a minimum of 30 days if you're trying not to injure your horse. I'd like to see something like a 15 gallop maximum, and you are told the piece on the 15th gallop, if it wasn't revealed earlier. The 15 gallops would have to be spread out over at 30 day minimum, so you could gallop every other day (if your horse can handle that schedule) and at least have that training piece light at the end of the tunnel.

Here's an example at 35 gallops so far and counting.

https://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.ph ... ID=1061009

I know timed workouts can be done, and I do that quite a bit as well, but even when I get the training piece that way, I still like to try and verify it through gallops afterwards so I'm not guessing going into that horse's first race.

Edited with this addendum. Em could even turn this into an opportunity to get a bit more money/gp out of the SIM, by allowing us to purchase "gallop imsurance". Once the trainer reveals that he'll "have to observe this horse in training to figure it out", we could be offered the opportunity to purchase (for 100 gp or S$1,000) that he will reveal that piece within the first ten gallops. If money or game points are being exchanged, I'd like to see it happen in the first ten gallops instead of the first 15. Is that reasonable? Or have I had too much Ambien and coffee? :lol:
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I dunno. I don't want to be able to purchase both pieces. We already have so, so many tools. If your horse needs a gallop piece and you buy the other one, they only need five works and one race to verify the equipment, and that's the most effort or resources you ever have to expend if you really want to get equip ASAP. All other outcomes (no equip, one piece, or 2nd piece vet piece) are purchasable.
At least we have that to keep it interesting and require at least some effort instead of just SIM cash and GPs.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Thanks, Laura. I'm gonna have another cup of coffee, because it's still early on the West Coast, and I can! My horses have occasionally needed three races to verify that training piece! I think it's their trainers' fault. :oops:
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

At least - if you have a horse galloped 35 times without offering you any clues whatsoever - you may be fairly certain it probably doesn't need two gallop pieces. You have a fairly fit horse though. ;)
Lisa Bennert
Turf Router

Post by Lisa Bennert »

Something I stumbled across twice today:
Not being able to sell a mare publicly when she's barren or already bred and not being able to lease one privately (for multiple years).
Not the biggest problem in the world, but I can't think of any relevant reason to have these restrictions?
Lisa
Steve Leavitt
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Steve Leavitt »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 4 years ago At least - if you have a horse galloped 35 times without offering you any clues whatsoever - you may be fairly certain it probably doesn't need two gallop pieces. You have a fairly fit horse though. ;)
Thanks, Ash. I do have this comment, though, so I'm looking for that piece.

Y52-W12-D3 Trainer: Horse 1539662451's right foreleg is a bit swollen today. Bandages are in order. I think he needs one other piece of equipment too, but I will have to observe this horse in training to try to figure it out. (same horse, I've just named it since then)

Yes, very fit, but it is an Arabian, so I had extra time to try the gallops until after week 9 of this year. If I don't have that second piece revealed by then, I'll start timed workouts and have it figured out by the end of the year.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Lisa Bennert wrote: 4 years ago Something I stumbled across twice today:
Not being able to sell a mare publicly when she's barren or already bred and not being able to lease one privately (for multiple years).
Not the biggest problem in the world, but I can't think of any relevant reason to have these restrictions?
Lisa
For the first one, that was put in place by people complaining that they bought a horse that was barren/already bred when they thought they were buying a broodmare they could breed right now. You can still sell such a mare privately, but in that instance, the buyer (hopefully) knows exactly what they are buying. I think the barren is the tougher of the two - a buyer would have to click to the history page before buying to uncover that fact.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Ash Tarasin wrote: 4 years ago At least - if you have a horse galloped 35 times without offering you any clues whatsoever - you may be fairly certain it probably doesn't need two gallop pieces. You have a fairly fit horse though. ;)
There used to be a time when you bought a piece, it didn't tell you what the second piece was (gallop or vet) and that was infuriating LOL

Prayers was one that never spit out her second piece. I galloped her 26 times with 100 vets and never got her second piece confirmed ever. I just gave up eventually and went with blinkers.

To this day, I am convinced that Prayers secretly hates me LOL
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago Prayers was one that never spit out her second piece. I galloped her 26 times with 100 vets and never got her second piece confirmed ever. I just gave up eventually and went with blinkers.
In another game I play I would call this (along with Steve Leavitt's tries): daedric prince level RNG.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Here's my suggestion - for stallions, add a third line to the bred column. Right now it lists the subtotal of spaces used and reserved/total spaces, but a lot of time, stallion owners reserve a bunch of spaces to save some for the end of the year, so the numbers are misleading, and cause extra research to figure it out. I'd like to see the subtotal/(either the spaces actually used or the spaces reserved but not used, whichever is easier to program)/total spaces.

I get that it doesn't mean that the spaces reserved but not used will ever be made available or freed up, but it would save me a step in figuring it out, and if it's zero, I know to move on for sure with another stallion option and not wait to see if some more spots open up.

I'd still get rid of foal limits, and I still hate it with respect to mixers, but at least this would help with one of my gripes :)
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

I agree with Laura..would be nice to know how many have actually been bred vs bred plus reserved. We have so many different stud owners and sometimes it seems each one has his/her own strategy on reserving slots. And lastly I agree with her part 2 as well. Just dump the foal limits!!!!