One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Dylan Christensen »

As of rig now, players can just hold names with Pensioners instead of paying the GP to reserve a name like they should. This holds names from other people who would likely gladly pay for them therefore taking money away from the game.

Maybe there’s a special purpose behind not allowing other people to release pensioner names but to me it makes more sense to let any pensioned horse have it’s name released, no matter who releases it.
yeah
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago As of rig now, players can just hold names with Pensioners instead of paying the GP to reserve a name like they should. This holds names from other people who would likely gladly pay for them therefore taking money away from the game.

Maybe there’s a special purpose behind not allowing other people to release pensioner names but to me it makes more sense to let any pensioned horse have it’s name released, no matter who releases it.
Two reasons: (1) the pensioned horse is my horse, so no one should be able to take my horse's name. I have had players ask me to release a name on a pensioned horse that I own, and depending on how attached I am to the name, I've either agreed or said no. (2) taking the name from a pensioned horse in AJ kills the horse, so back to (1) as to the pensioner is mine, and I don't want someone else killing my horse to get the name. If I didn't care about the horse, I would have sent it to AJ.

I'll also note that the $$$ barrier changed for releasing names, so horses I worked hard to get over the $150k barrier, well, now their name can be releasable because the limit changed to $200k. That wouldn't be a situation where the reserved name would come into play, because I named and raced the particular horse prior to pensioning.

If you want me to pay some fee to rename a unnamed pensioned horse, fine, but taking names of horses I own would be a huge problem, and I bet I'm not the only one who would feel that way.
Abby Brooks
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Abby Brooks »

dark mode DARK DARK ALL BLACK DARK PLEASE
Testing The Waters|Multi G1 AWM/AWR winner|40k
Dont make pee jokes, or you'll be barked at in the super secret sim discord where grown adults whine about one another
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 3 years ago Maybe add a function people could pay for “updated gallops” without galloping your horse?

So maybe for a limited window, say Week 1 and Week 9, people can pay to have the gallop comment updated on their horses? Definitely not a small amount of money, since it would mean that they don’t have to gallop them.
If it is a very good option, something that says this horse is still a Stakes, if it has not changed its gallop, oh say congratulations now you have a Freak :P
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 3 years ago
Dylan Christensen wrote: 3 years ago As of rig now, players can just hold names with Pensioners instead of paying the GP to reserve a name like they should. This holds names from other people who would likely gladly pay for them therefore taking money away from the game.

If you want me to pay some fee to rename a unnamed pensioned horse, fine, but taking names of horses I own would be a huge problem, and I bet I'm not the only one who would feel that way.
Yea I would be very not ok with people randomly killing my pensioned horses to get their names. Particularly if it was a mare I just paid $20,000 to not have killed.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Tammy Stawicki wrote: 3 years ago

Yea I would be very not ok with people randomly killing my pensioned horses to get their names. Particularly if it was a mare I just paid $20,000 to not have killed.
This - I keep names this way - and have an attachment to many of those names. I also have a long list of paid for names I think of for the eventual offspring of my better fillies.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago Can we please have the categories adjusted in the ranking page so we can separate out states between normal TB horses and steeplechasers?

Within the last 4 season there was already a change implemented to separate out the mixer breeds from the overall stats via a drop down.
Is there any reason why this change has not yet been implemented to distinguish the difference between a true TB and a Chaser?
My suggestion is separate them between "TB FLAT" & "TB CHASE".

When I am viewing player rankings for TB FLAT horses I am unable to sort out all the trainers running chasers and it causes the rankings to not appear accurate according to what I am trying to view. If they were categorized in the rankings books/pages between the two it would make things easier.

The Steeplechasers themselves already have a way of differentiating the records between the two right on the horse page so I know the coding would not be that difficult for this change.
Asking again, hoping this can get added by end of season. Would be nice to see the rankings for TB only minus chaser stats. Make chasers there own category similar to mixers or better yet just make them a breed.

Their stats are separate on the horse page. I don’t see why they can’t also be separate in the player rankings.

Thanks you.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Chasers are not a separate breed, they are TB's. I don't care if there is a filter for TB flat and TB chase on the stats or not but they are not a separate breed and are a TRUE TB.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago Chasers are not a separate breed, they are TB's. I don't care if there is a filter for TB flat and TB chase on the stats or not but they are not a separate breed and are a TRUE TB.
If you breed a chaser mare to a chaser stallion to get chasers, it is a separate breed. Even though the base genes are that of a thoroughbred horse, the purpose and expectations are completely different and separate. For this game they have become or are a different breed, just like pacers and trotters.
;p
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 3 years ago
Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago Chasers are not a separate breed, they are TB's. I don't care if there is a filter for TB flat and TB chase on the stats or not but they are not a separate breed and are a TRUE TB.
If you breed a chaser mare to a chaser stallion to get chasers, it is a separate breed. Even though the base genes are that of a thoroughbred horse, the purpose and expectations are completely different and separate. For this game they have become or are a different breed, just like pacers and trotters.
+1
yeah
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Except for the part where we seem to be going towards more multi-discipline - it won't surprise me if we have flat horses that can chase. There's been some in the past, but usually the chase isn't as lucrative, so a horse that is good on the flat tends to stay on the flat. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the reasons this request hasn't been implemented. It's more like breeding a horse that can go a mile and a route, we'll end up with horses that excel on both the flat and over jumps. If we were going more in the direction of silos/specialization, I'd be more inclined to agree with you, but if anything, the SIM seems headed in the opposite direction.
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Except for the part where we seem to be going towards more multi-discipline - it won't surprise me if we have flat horses that can chase. There's been some in the past, but usually the chase isn't as lucrative, so a horse that is good on the flat tends to stay on the flat. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the reasons this request hasn't been implemented. It's more like breeding a horse that can go a mile and a route, we'll end up with horses that excel on both the flat and over jumps. If we were going more in the direction of silos/specialization, I'd be more inclined to agree with you, but if anything, the SIM seems headed in the opposite direction.
Fair point, but you can't switch back and forth if I've been told right? You can switch to chase but thats it, no more flat racing.
;p
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Again the key word I used was TB flat versus TB chase.
If the stats were split this way in the player rankings I could then successfully see True TB Flat stats only which is what I would like to be able to see.

A perfect example. On the player rankings page Lucas Davenport leads in TB stakes races, but this is only due to the fact that chaser stats are mixed it. Separate them out and the rankings would be different.

Please please please with sugar on top separate the Stats between the two different categories Tb flat and TB chase.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I also agree said this at the start of mixer and chaser races! I think they should even have there own champion simmy
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Two small things -

Could we have a button on the entries page for a given day/time that says 'ship all horses' so we can ship all of the horses entered but not at the track, rather than doing them one by one?

In the 'find a race' dropdowns could we have an option in race conditions that is 'not stakes' - so it would show you all the conditions and starter/classified/regular allowance races available only?
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.