One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Carole Hanson »

I would like to kindly once again ask for a couple of things:

1. Triple Crown trophies
2. Broodmare-sire stats to appear on each individual studs' stud book page, at the moment they're only visible if that stud ranks in the rankings and even then you're only seeing that one stat

Number 2 would be especially much appreciated, pretty please and thank you! :)
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Bump
;p
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

In the stud book, on the Retiring this year or Retiring next year pages, could we please also have a filter to sort by breed? I just sorted by horse type to show me dirt routers and I can see Appys, Paints and Quarter Horses also, which I'm not interested in.

Thank you!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Ok this isn't really small admittedly but me and Jack Ryder were just talking about scratching horses from races today and he inspired me to come up with this idea that could potentially help new players.

What if instead of letting players run tired horses in races, resulting in injuries, new player horses must be above a certain tiredness threshold to race. Let's say the tiredness scale goes 0-5 with decimals in between and the potential injury point is at 1.5. A horse that is raced by a new player, must then be above 1.5 in tiredness in order to race. If the horse is at 1.5 or below, they will be 'vet scratched' automatically and the new player will receive a message that their horse would have been injured in the race and the 'vet' has decided to scratch the horse, and the message would also include a link to this thread in the help section. That way, you teach new players about resting horses and not racing too often to prevent injuries, but they also don't lose money by injuring their horse. Then after the new player becomes a junior player, that threshold is lifted otherwise it's a bit of a pain when entering triple crown series.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

If possible, race programming on all tracks for GPS horses, with Gr. Stakes races, and claims

for all races

and I read that apparently the stallions The steward have the option of GPs, and Money Sim

This could also be good for stallions of the players, I think it would be profitable in a way for many, whoever does not have Sim money, can help in part with the Breeds with GPs.

the problem that the one who does not have Sim Money, and cannot buy GPs, is totally fried

ah and that the number of horses are separated, that is, if the minimum fee is 120 horses to the public according to an amount is both for sim money, and for the GPs

Thus the quota is fair for what they use it and it is profitable for the owner, and it helps for the one who uses the player
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Personally, I wouldn’t like to see this as I believe it brings a larger pay to win aspect in the game and you would have to take away a lot of normal races to balance the cash in game.
yeah
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

MMMM, good point,
And how about Adding the Steward's Cup, Saudi Cup, and the Desert Cup GPS, to have a book with the best GPS runners
to help stallions GPs
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

:cry: I think I had commented on this topic

It would be very good to be able to buy a quota of stallions, and have it available to use, an artificial pregnancy, which would fulfill the breeding of a foal, when a horse is available

I say it because that would give the opportunity to use it in any year to come,

that this type of quota, apart from the normal one, that each player could buy the amount of quota, and have them reserved to use it when he sees fit

and I take up the subject again, because Happy This Way, retires on Thursday, and already his services die with his pension as a stud

I still think that the quota of stallions is very harmful in some cases, they do not allow you to have the possibility at the end of the year, to get a good mare and to be able to use a stallion, because there is no longer any quota, and perhaps when you use it the result, It wouldn't be the same, for when you couldn't do it

sometimes the restrictions are lived like dictatorships, sometimes and they are not equal to the rules

In my opinion it would be excellent to have several coupons for a stallion, available years after your pension

I do not know if this idea is accepted, or it is not liked by many people

for me it is great.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

I would like it to be possible to add one more article per week, and thus have the possibility of getting the $ 100k of income for them

In the sending part to a track oh farm, it would be great a filter where all the states and continents will appear and thus choose the place and then all the tracks of that state, country, or continent will appear, I say it because when the connection is Slow will load all the tracks in a madness with less information to load by states or country, the load is faster, and when you go to send no track is loaded until you place the area you want to send, after you choose the site it is load all of that place

also if it were possible to have a full quota of offspring

For example, if I want to breed all my male foals first, I can breed 25 in a row, and hence the system tells me you must now breed the fillies until the 25 are completed, but that every 5 fillies bred, give me a foal this would be 5 filly, and 26 foals, and so on

because if you want to breed one part first, then every minimum amount asks you to breed the other gender

I think that a maximum amount of 25 offspring in a row, and then raising the other gender, with a variation on X amount would be more comfortable, there would be a good space to breed as best as it sees fit
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

80k per week for articles is more than $1m per year. If 50 players write 4 a week that is over 50m entering the game.

I'd argue the number should be reduced for everyone except new players. The easiest way to take money out of the game is not to put it in in the first place.
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

this year for me this until this week is 4 wins, and Earnings gain: $ 208,150 | Breeder Awards: $ 4,900

well if I can save for 50 years maybe I can make something in my stable

I like the opportunity to have income through the articles that during the 16 weeks generate $ 1,280,000 that help to be able to rent a stallion, or a mare, or to be able to cover the insurance of a horse the weekly payment of stay in the farm, send your horses to the track, and farm, and stay in the game.

I think that on the one hand the $ 80k is entered weekly, and on the other hand they leave the account depending on what you do with it

and if I have these income Earnings: $ 208,150 | Breeder Awards: $ 4,900 in my barn, I need income, and items are an alternative

and I think players like me need them too

A stable that has income from wins, from leases, from stallions, will not write articles, it does not have that need

Now with adding one more item it would be $ 1.6M per year 400k that is divided into 16 weeks, leaving you 25k per week to use

I think that we writers would not be a danger to the game economy

And I think writing articles in a job that generates a profit.

Even selling some coballos is complicated, because if you invest, and do not recover the investment with some profit, it is lost in the end

This is my point of view, and my need to be able to get a salary increase when writing an article, it is not that they are going to pay me 100k weekly for 4 articles, if not for 5
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I want a Sim brain/computer interface so when I think about what page I want it just opens and I don't need to remember where it is in the menu. This obviously qualifies as a "small" thing.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

If it were possible to place AJ prices much lower it would be more feasible to acquire horses that are sent by their owners a price of $ 5k for new players is strong if you are not achieving victories in Trial Park

I believe that if a $ 100 horse purchase fee is placed on AJ, it will be easier for new Players to have more opportunity to purchase horses and enter them in Trial Park

I think it's a way to help the NP economy, before going bankrupt
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

When a horse sets a record race time could that be added to the News Feed. Maybe a new top work as well?
yeah
Greg Czechowicz
Miler

Post by Greg Czechowicz »

Had some ideas for site features.

1) On the race day page where you are looking at races, for the claiming races, it would be nice if there was an indication that you already put a claim in on the horse. I go through that page alot and forgot i put in a claim so i do it twice, would save the user some time.
2) If there was somewhere in the game where we can pick a racing day and time to see what horses were claimed all in one place, would be a neat feature.
3) On the racing barn page, under location column, if there can be an icon whether its a farm or a track.
4) If there can be another claim price in the search option for 5,000 or less, to find the el-cheapo claimers.

Thats all for now I am a web developer for trade so this is quick things I noticed. Love the game and site by the way!