One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
David Howard
Miler

Re: One Small Thing

Post by David Howard »

how about adding the gallop status to the 'Horses for Race' page?
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

How about an invitation only auction where we can choose who can participate in it?
David Howard
Miler

Post by David Howard »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago How about an invitation only auction where we can choose who can participate in it?
I guess you could PM your chosen purchasers with a list of horses and invite sealed bids?
Turf Mile stud:
Devonshire Lad
- $30,000

Turf Route studs:
Daddy Green
- $10,000
Mauriously - $10,000
Dunk and Egg - $10,000
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

David Howard wrote: 2 years ago
Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago How about an invitation only auction where we can choose who can participate in it?
I guess you could PM your chosen purchasers with a list of horses and invite sealed bids?
We could, but it’s not the same. Auction functionality the game has is much more robust.
Jon Xett
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jon Xett »

How about a horse auction option where bids and bidders are invisible? Make your best offer and wait until the auction end to see if your bid was a success? “This is a silent auction. Players may place one-time bid on 3 horses and may win up to 2 horses. Auction ends July 32nd.” I like this ‘cause it could the help with the “Meredith bid on horse X. They know what they are doing so I think I’ll up his bid to see how high she went.” Could work especially well for everyone in a Steward auction. Just one small thing on my personal wish list so no need to respond in this forum. jX
Alyssa Lapa
Derby Contender

Post by Alyssa Lapa »

I'd love to see more carded races for the tracks at the Asian tracks, I'm trying to enter some TB milers and there aren't options for Dirt Milers. I don't know if it is just me, but there are times I have horses in Asian circuit, and it can take a few weeks to see a race or two pop up. I'd be happy to card them myself, but I have to wait for the next time I have extra cash to buy GPs from the Exchange.
Thoroughbred Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Arabian Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON

Pacer Stallions at Arborwood Oaks
COMING SOON
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

How about a feature to have up to x amount of saved silks, which you pay for individually, and you can switch back and fourth with your mood
;p
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

New button idea. “Ask to release name” costs the owner of the name to say no.
;p
Andrew Chillin
Hall of Fame

Post by Andrew Chillin »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago New button idea. “Ask to release name” costs the owner of the name to say no.
I thought about this. It would have to be a one time fee then it’s reserved.
;p
Savina Lazaki
Sprinter

Post by Savina Lazaki »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago How about a feature to have up to x amount of saved silks, which you pay for individually, and you can switch back and fourth with your mood
I think this is the kind of thing I'd spend game points on... especially if there were automatic settings you could employ. Maybe by breed or something.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago
Pepper Carol wrote: 2 years ago nope, I dont agree with the above. A name on your own horse whether racing retired alive or dead should belong to the person owning the horse. theres no reason you cant PM a player and ask for the name anytime you want but at least its the owners perogative.
It's unrealistic in a game that has 1,398,906 horses in existence (shout out to Spencer!) to think that once you name a horse that you should be entitled to own that name forever. It's that way in real racing also, names get re-used all the time. No one is taking the horse away from you, and they just get a roman numeral like "I" added to the end of their name. Where's the harm in this?

Also keep in mind that I'm not suggesting this should impact horses that currently can't have their names released (I think it's a $150K or $200K earning limit?) We aren't going to see a scenario where there's suddenly another Skyfall with this, it just would free up names from the legions of pensioners who may or may not have earned a few bucks and now keep them unavailable for decades.
Take your wanted name, slap your initials in front or behind it and BOOM you have your horse named (!) You shouldn't be able to take a favorite name away from an owner who may be saving it for themselves.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Pepper Carol wrote: 2 years ago Take your wanted name, slap your initials in front or behind it and BOOM you have your horse named (!) You shouldn't be able to take a favorite name away from an owner who may be saving it for themselves.
There literally already is a feature built in to the SIM called "Reserve A Horse Name". For a small fee you can reserve any name you want and save it for yourself. Using pensioners for this purpose not only circumvents an income source for the game which I'm sure helps, but also makes it far too easy for someone to reserve a ridiculously large number of names for decades.

Why is this such a controversial position?
Lily Wilkins
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lily Wilkins »

Andrew Davidson wrote: 2 years ago How about a feature to have up to x amount of saved silks, which you pay for individually, and you can switch back and fourth with your mood
I really like this idea!! TAKE MY MONEY!
𝐴𝑧𝑢𝑙 𝐸𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑛𝑒
Since Year 30
Proudly Standing

Equinox | TR/AWR | $50,000
Quinny | DR/DM | $10,000
✾ Visit our Nursery to view our floofy little future stars!
Brandon Schultz
Turf Router

Post by Brandon Schultz »

Danny Derby wrote: 2 years ago
Pepper Carol wrote: 2 years ago Take your wanted name, slap your initials in front or behind it and BOOM you have your horse named (!) You shouldn't be able to take a favorite name away from an owner who may be saving it for themselves.
There literally already is a feature built in to the SIM called "Reserve A Horse Name". For a small fee you can reserve any name you want and save it for yourself. Using pensioners for this purpose not only circumvents an income source for the game which I'm sure helps, but also makes it far too easy for someone to reserve a ridiculously large number of names for decades.

Why is this such a controversial position?
What if a pensioned horse becomes "Horse Name [Pen.]" automatically once they are pensioned and the name is automatically released. I guess that's the same thing as "Horse Name I" but perhaps people would be less upset about it? I don't see why adding a I or II to the end of a fake horses name really matters all that much anyway, they keep the name, I'm just trying to think of a different naming technique that might upset people less.

I'm with you on this one though, I don't understand why a pensioner should have any right to their name, especially since a name reservation system exists. It's not fair that people can and are cheating the system to reserve names instead of using GP like everyone else.
The Brandon Schultz Stable Website
Now Standing
TB Dirt Sprint | Dopamine ($55k)
TB Dirt Route | Ill With Want ($35k)
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

The option to turn off end of lease notifications
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’