One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Cleo Patra »

Emily Mitchell wrote: 3 years ago Would it be possible to enable creating multiple auctions at once? Only still allow one to be run at once (no auction flooding), but, could create and start arranging another while waiting?
You can already run two at once? I only just did it at the start of the season. It’s a bit tricky to find the create new link once you have one already started though.
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago
Emily Mitchell wrote: 3 years ago Would it be possible to enable creating multiple auctions at once? Only still allow one to be run at once (no auction flooding), but, could create and start arranging another while waiting?
You can already run two at once? I only just did it at the start of the season. It’s a bit tricky to find the create new link once you have one already started though.
Oh, I can't find it! lol I tried the My Auctions page and there is no more "create an auction" option... I thought that was because I was running one right now. How do you do this? thx!
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

Emily Mitchell wrote: 3 years ago
Cleo Patra wrote: 3 years ago
Oh, I can't find it! lol I tried the My Auctions page and there is no more "create an auction" option... I thought that was because I was running one right now. How do you do this? thx!
I can’t remember properly 🙈 and I don’t have one currently running. Here’s a direct link though https://www.simhorseracing.com//myoffic ... uction.php
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Hardly a must have, but it would be fun to be able to do a search for a stallion/mare and get a result that shows all horses that have that horse in their pedigree for 1, 2, 3 and 4 generations back. Obviously the number would be huge, but I'd have fun with it at least :D
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

I’d love for there to be a grand sire column on the search results page :3
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Pete Vella wrote: 3 years ago Can we please have the categories adjusted in the ranking page so we can separate out stats between normal TB horses and steeplechasers?

Within the last 4 season there was already a change implemented to separate out the mixer breeds from the overall stats via a drop down.
Is there any reason why this change has not yet been implemented to distinguish the difference between a true TB and a Chaser?
My suggestion is separate them between "TB FLAT" & "TB CHASE".

When I am viewing player rankings for TB FLAT horses I am unable to sort out all the trainers running chasers and it causes the rankings to not appear accurate according to what I am trying to view. If they were categorized in the rankings books/pages between the two it would make things easier.

The Steeplechasers themselves already have a way of differentiating the records between the two right on the horse page so I know the coding would not be that difficult for this change.
Bump
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Could we have separate stallion ability hit for low earnings cutoffs for mixers and thoroughbreds. Particularly with all the holiday sires reaching pensioning age I'm worried about mixer stallion diversity as that $350,000 is HARD to hit in at least some mixer divisions. The top horses that can do well in the steward's cup and couple graded stakes races each year can do it but the horses a tier below them are in for a battle trying to make it their way largely relying on $50k stakes of which you'd have to win 14 all while competing with those top tier horses since most weeks there aren't graded stakes so they're running in the same 50k stakes as everyone else. I worry horses that would be nice sires are never getting a chance because they can't make their way to 350k. I know I was told that a horse I gelded because I thought it could never get there had stallion potential.

Meanwhile with larger number of circuits and far more 100k or more stakes races those 2nd tier thoroughbreds can pretty easily hit that cutoff and at least in the division I run in I can't think of any successful station that wasn't WELL above it. It just seems given the hugely different earning potentials of a paint router and a thoroughbred dirt router asking them to hit the same stud fee before becoming a stallion doesn't make sense.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
David Faulkner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by David Faulkner »

In the Barrier Trials you can ask the jockey for the piece of equipment, now will the payment of the $ 5k be enabled to tell you which piece is missing? And if it is enabled, will it be possible that in the 2nd entry to a Barrier Trial I can tell you the piece it needs? or if it is not enabled add it
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

24 horse entry limit in all stakes races.
Jack Ryder
Turf Router

Post by Jack Ryder »

Stewards Cup for 2 year old All weather routers.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

It’s not really a “small thing” but...

This is probably a ton of work, but maybe we can have the dispersal auctions run twice.

For example the first time they are open to new players only, where they bit on however many horses, but can only win 5.

Since auctions are public and take however many days we can see who is bidding on horses. So if there is a one day old account bidding on only good horses...suspect.

Then after the new players have their round the remainder go into a full public auction where everyone can bid.

It will give new players a similar opportunity as the horses dumping right into AJ, but with less of a chance people make extra accounts to cheat the system?
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Possible horse bumping fix?

Have stakes entry points based on points per start? So a horse with say 520 points but 37 starts won’t have priority over one with 500 points but only 21 starts.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

If a horse gets 20 points for 1 start that would work out better than the 520 in 37 in your example.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Dave Trainer wrote: 3 years ago If a horse gets 20 points for 1 start that would work out better than the 520 in 37 in your example.
a horse with 20 points getting in over a horse with 520 points :lol:
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Danny Derby wrote: 3 years ago Hardly a must have, but it would be fun to be able to do a search for a stallion/mare and get a result that shows all horses that have that horse in their pedigree for 1, 2, 3 and 4 generations back. Obviously the number would be huge, but I'd have fun with it at least :D
This, have mentioned this before, would live to be able to search by lines. Like all Maelstrom X East crosses going back multiple generations.

Also, would pay SIM money for equioment to be autoset when you ask the trainer or a gallop/vet reveals it.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time