One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Andrew James »

I will break your streak Rochelle.

1 that would save me sooooo much time; when we ask for equipment from the trainer can the piece revealed be auto set. That would save me about 1000 clicks a year.

1 that seems like a minor glitch. When the horse name field is duplicated (normally random but someone else hits breed right around the same time) the "booked gender" preference always goes back to "random" rather than staying at the previously selected gender.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago Oh goodness...4 in a row? 😅 I feel bad but I have to write them down before I forget!

It would be super awesome if the bidding page said something about if the auction is a lease or buy, since if you want to know right now you have to hit “back to auction” link to read the title, and then go back to the bidding page and refresh.

It currently says: You are bidding on "Horse". I was thinking something along the lines of:

You are bidding to BUY "Horse"

Or

You are bidding to LEASE “Horse”

I’m not sure if that is possible on the back end coding, I know I usually visit the horses I’m bidding on from the My Bids page and there is no way of knowing without going to the auction page.

I’m not sure if this makes any sense 😅
The auction description is now displayed on the bid screen.
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Andrew James wrote: 4 years ago 1 that seems like a minor glitch. When the horse name field is duplicated (normally random but someone else hits breed right around the same time) the "booked gender" preference always goes back to "random" rather than staying at the previously selected gender.
Fixed.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

The Admin wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago Oh goodness...4 in a row? 😅 I feel bad but I have to write them down before I forget!

It would be super awesome if the bidding page said something about if the auction is a lease or buy, since if you want to know right now you have to hit “back to auction” link to read the title, and then go back to the bidding page and refresh.

It currently says: You are bidding on "Horse". I was thinking something along the lines of:

Or

I’m not sure if that is possible on the back end coding, I know I usually visit the horses I’m bidding on from the My Bids page and there is no way of knowing without going to the auction page.

The auction description is now displayed on the bid screen.
You’re amazing! Thank you ❤️
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Andrew James wrote: 4 years ago 1 that seems like a minor glitch. When the horse name field is duplicated (normally random but someone else hits breed right around the same time) the "booked gender" preference always goes back to "random" rather than staying at the previously selected gender.
Fixed.
I am noticing now that if a horse has a gender chosen in the booking screen, when you actually click to breed it, it doesn't have the gender chosen on the breed screen and I have to choose it again.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Oncu Kaan
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Oncu Kaan »

horse-type should be for Buy/Lease Horses page https://www.simhorseracing.com//horsesbuy.php
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago
Fixed.
I am noticing now that if a horse has a gender chosen in the booking screen, when you actually click to breed it, it doesn't have the gender chosen on the breed screen and I have to choose it again.
Oh darn. My last fix broke this. But now it should be fixed all around. Let me know.
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

Fixed.
Thanks!
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

On the Players Ranking Page, would it be possible to add a column for G1 wins and the ability to rank by G1 wins? Thanks!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago It would be super awesome if the bidding page said something about if the auction is a lease or buy, since if you want to know right now you have to hit “back to auction” link to read the title, and then go back to the bidding page and refresh.

Or

Could this be added to the My Bids page? A bit trickier than adding a title on the page, but gosh, darn you are just so good!

(Too much sugar? Oh well)
Keith Maidlow
Hall of Fame

Post by Keith Maidlow »

I'm not sure if this has ever been asked for in the past but I just went through the next Steward's auction and wrote down, on a piece of paper, all the horses I am interested in (21 possibles). Once the auction opens I will bid early on many if not all so I can get rid of the handwritten list and look at my bids list. Is there a way the bid list can have an "interested" annotation until a bid is made and can that happen before and during the the auction?

Thanks!
*Sugar Bottom Stable
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Keith Maidlow wrote: 4 years ago I'm not sure if this has ever been asked for in the past but I just went through the next Steward's auction and wrote down, on a piece of paper, all the horses I am interested in (21 possibles). Once the auction opens I will bid early on many if not all so I can get rid of the handwritten list and look at my bids list. Is there a way the bid list can have an "interested" annotation until a bid is made and can that happen before and during the the auction?

Thanks!
I use my Alerts :)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Te Akau Downs
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Te Akau Downs »

i'd love to see a specific type search like turf sprinter etc like someone mentioned earlier, would make the search so much easier and on the 4 sale section also
PATIENCE is the cheapest thing in racing and least used.. J.B Cummings..
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago On the Players Ranking Page, would it be possible to add a column for G1 wins and the ability to rank by G1 wins? Thanks!
I second this, would be very handy for SIMMY awards and such.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Te Akau Downs wrote: 4 years ago i'd love to see a specific type search like turf sprinter etc like someone mentioned earlier, would make the search so much easier and on the 4 sale section also
I imagine this isn't possible because it's a SIMperior only feature...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.