One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rachael Menke
Miler

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Rachael Menke »

My small thing: now that there is an owners tab, is there a way to record who wrote notes on a horse's profile (and maybe when)? Not sure if that was discussed in the past or not, but since 8.0 added owner history I'm curious if that is possible. It would really help for leases, especially if you can't get in touch with the owner right away to ask whether or not a note is current :D
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

With 8.0, I feel like we need a new column in searches/barns that shows the horses late bloomer/at its peak comment from the gallops. Want to be able to sort all my late bloomers for example.
Glenn Escobar
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Glenn Escobar »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago With 8.0, I feel like we need a new column in searches/barns that shows the horses late bloomer/at its peak comment from the gallops. Want to be able to sort all my late bloomers for example.
Yes please
“In the race for excellence,there is no finish line.”

— His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago With 8.0, I feel like we need a new column in searches/barns that shows the horses late bloomer/at its peak comment from the gallops. Want to be able to sort all my late bloomers for example.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

"do something else with this group of horses"

If I've selected a group of horses to train (say stakes yearlings), I'd like to be able to get transferred to Clark Hoss or Dr. Hacklu from that page, and vice versa
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

When you renamed a horse, I absolutely love that the pedigree is added. I know this was added a while ago, but is it possible to add if it is a colt or filly? Takes me a while to name a lot at a time and most of that time is jumping back and forth to the horse’s page...sorry, I really am getting old and the memory doesn’t remember what it once did. Lol
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I don't know how feasible this would be from a coding perspective but I was wonding if for the beautiful new set home location page if there was any way we could have the option to have it use the starting distance for its distance/time from calculations as the track the horse is next entered to race at. I have my horses autoship to their home location after they race so when I enter them in races I change them to home locations near the track they are entered in. I keep a word file with closest farm to tracks I commonly run at but if it just automatically showed me the closest farm it would make life much easier.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Comments on Feature Race articles?
yeah
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

An option to terminate a lease of a horse in training early by paying back the amount the horse was leased for in the first place. This could be useful in the case that someone just completely stops logging in or entering the horses you'd entrusted to them.
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Danny Derby wrote: 4 years ago An option to terminate a lease of a horse in training early by paying back the amount the horse was leased for in the first place. This could be useful in the case that someone just completely stops logging in or entering the horses you'd entrusted to them.
I could see that causing all sorts of drama. Perhaps a better fix would be a feature where if a leased horse isn't entered for x number of weeks the lease is cancelled.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

New Gallop Comments:

Now what would be really cool.....
If the bloomer comment showed on the stables pages:
Peak
Progressive
Late Bloomer

The progressive comments are tied to the gallop comment and I’m sure they can change similar to a gallop throughout horse’s career. So if we could see the comment similar to how we see the gallop in the race barn pages that would be amazing!!!!

Man wouldn’t that be something :)
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Pete Vella wrote: 4 years ago New Gallop Comments:

Now what would be really cool.....
If the bloomer comment showed on the stables pages:
Peak
Progressive
Late Bloomer

The progressive comments are tied to the gallop comment and I’m sure they can change similar to a gallop throughout horse’s career. So if we could see the comment similar to how we see the gallop in the race barn pages that would be amazing!!!!

Man wouldn’t that be something :)
Reiterating my earlier support for this idea. Needs to happen!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Could we change the news feed to only reflect stallions who are retired AND the $50,000 fee to stand stud has been paid? It would be less cluttered and more helpful. Right now, there's a lot of horses that get retired and immediately pensioned (or back, when you got money for gelding, retired, gelded, then pensioned) that show up in the newsfeed, which isn't particularly useful. Thanks!
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Since we have broodmare sire rankings, could we have broodmare sire stats show up on a stallion's stud book page please?
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

For the training chart, could the headings remain fixed at the top when you scroll down the page.