One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Art K Stables
Grade 1 Winner

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Art K Stables »

Nice addition on the barn page, only wish that the column referred to results already done previously, but this is certainly better than not having it at all !!
Kent Saunders
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Kent Saunders »

Agree with Art 95% of all gallops are done for the season on older horses. Be nice to show any (last/current) from the last 2 seasons
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

All of mine are showing as ‘Unknown’ but a lot of them were galloped at some point this year (e.g. my whole yearling barn).
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago All of mine are showing as ‘Unknown’ but a lot of them were galloped at some point this year (e.g. my whole yearling barn).
You have to regallop them
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

YAY!!! Love this!!!
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

Nena Olson wrote: 4 years ago
Carole Hanson wrote: 4 years ago All of mine are showing as ‘Unknown’ but a lot of them were galloped at some point this year (e.g. my whole yearling barn).
You have to regallop them
Well that's annoying. It's ok for the yearlings but the horses in my racing barn won't have their comments showing. Oh well, survived without the column before, I'll keep on surviving without it until week 9!
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Ooh! I have a thing.

On the "Find races for this horse" page, on the "Ran last" line, I would love if the line would show the claiming price for that start. Right now all we get is:
Ran Last: Y55-W3-D1 Maiden-1
or
Ran Last: Y55-W3-D1 -6
and I would love to see something like
Ran Last: Y55-W3-D1 Maiden15k-1
/
Ran Last: Y55-W3-D1 Clm25k-6
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Laura Smith wrote: 4 years ago Ooh! I have a thing.

On the "Find races for this horse" page, on the "Ran last" line, I would love if the line would show the claiming price for that start. Right now all we get is:
Ran Last: Y55-W3-D1 Maiden-1
or
Ran Last: Y55-W3-D1 -6
and I would love to see something like
Ran Last: Y55-W3-D1 Maiden15k-1
/
Ran Last: Y55-W3-D1 Clm25k-6
Yesssss and with their sf in brackets please 😂
Ran Last: Y55-W3-D1 Maiden15k-1 (84)
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I'd still LOVE to have pieces of equipment show up in a different color or bold. It would really help out us old people with bad eyes.lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Louise Bayou wrote: 4 years ago I'd still LOVE to have pieces of equipment show up in a different color or bold. It would really help out us old people with bad eyes.lol
I just recently got new glasses, and I still can't see squat!
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Tim Matthews
Hall of Fame

Post by Tim Matthews »

When entering horses, it would be great if the "upcoming races" showed races 3 weeks ahead at the same time that current entries shows races 2 weeks ahead. Right now there is a discrepancy. Does it make sense how I phrased that?
Got bombed, got frozen
Got finally off to finally dozin’
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Could we have the news feed show that a horse retired only if the owner pays the $50k to stand the horse at stud? When someone cleans out their barn and mass retires (usually followed by mass geld and/or mass pensioned), it completely clutters up the news feed with "non" news. Thank you!
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

When you go to train a horse could their notes show up, so if you have any notes about equipment you can see them from the training page. Workout history would also be cool but potentially harder to implement. I'm old and I look at all this before I click train that horse but manage to forget in the second it takes the page to load.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

On a farm/track page showing which horses are stabled there, could we possibly be able to sort the columns by Owner? Or better still, could we have some sort of function that displays just the horses we have stabled there please?
Ash Tarasin
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ash Tarasin »

Now that we may add stallions to different parts of the studbook, could we make it so that their percentages actually reflect the ability their offspring have on the surface/distance we are looking into?

E.g. It is of little use for me to see stats inflated by a stallion's sprint offspring when I am looking for a mile/mid-distance colt. Alternatively make it visible at first glance that the horse is listed over sevaral distances/surfaces so that I can go look it up myself. Mark them with an asterisk? It annoys me slightly that I have to go check up on every stallion to make sure their most prominent offspring are actually running over the distance they are listed for.

No shadow over the owners listing their stallions over distances they have some ability for. I'd just like to easily figure out (on the first listing page in the studbook) whether each particular stallion would actually be comparable over the distance/surface I am looking for, or whether the numbers are or may be skewed.