One Small Thing

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Re: One Small Thing

Post by Dave Trainer »

Anyone can make it simple if they want.
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago
Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago When you lease a batch of horses and enter the price, could it please be for the total deal? Right now it applies the price entered to every horse ;)

For example:

I lease a group of 5 broodmares to someone, in the amount field I put $25,000 for the cost of our deal, hit submit, wooo! Love the fancy mass lease function!

Except! Instead of the whole deal being for $25,000 it sets each horse at $25,000! *gasp*!
Sounds like in your example, you could just set the price at $5k and it gets you to where you want to go (5 x $5k, for $25k).
Sometimes the math isn’t quite so simple though so I think this could be a nice feature.
I did the same thing, so I just went back to doing it one at a time. Math is hard. Would be nice to have that price be the price for the lot, that makes the most sense or at least be able to price the horses separately
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Laura Ferguson wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago When you lease a batch of horses and enter the price, could it please be for the total deal? Right now it applies the price entered to every horse ;)

For example:

I lease a group of 5 broodmares to someone, in the amount field I put $25,000 for the cost of our deal, hit submit, wooo! Love the fancy mass lease function!

Except! Instead of the whole deal being for $25,000 it sets each horse at $25,000! *gasp*!
Sounds like in your example, you could just set the price at $5k and it gets you to where you want to go (5 x $5k, for $25k).
Yes, but when filling out the forum it doesn’t say that that price will be applied to each horse individually. So, to me at least, the field seems to indicate the total amount of the lease/sale/private offer. Maybe I’m alone in that
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program
• Pension your 2yo or older horse
• Ship your horse to any Kingswood Location
• Sell your horse to Rochelle Bos for $0

Comparison is the thief of joy - Theodore Roosevelt
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 4 years ago Why?

The steward has told us many times that steeple chasers are still thoroughbreds even when changed to chasers, so no need for separate stats.

And if they were to be separated, then chasers would have to be born chasers and thoroughbreds wouldn't be able to change to chasers just to pick up extra money from chaser races with low entries

Because the types of races they're competing in is completely different, and once a horse becomes a steeplechaser it's a permanent change that you can't switch back and forth between. For example, I can race my dirt router at a turf mile if I want to and then go back to dirt routing afterwards. Once I'm a steeplechaser, I'm a steeplechaser for life. A horse could have won 15 races on flats, but they can still enter a maiden race for steeplechasers. Just because they're the same breed doesn't mean they're competing in the same universe at all.

There's also already precedent for this in the Sim. Standardbreds are all the same breed but are separated between Trotters and Pacers since they don't race against each other. I'm honestly confused why anyone would be against this change.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

Except the game already considers a TB a different breed when it becomes a steeplechaser. Their stats should be separate.

KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Rachel Sadler wrote: 4 years ago Why?

The steward has told us many times that steeple chasers are still thoroughbreds even when changed to chasers, so no need for separate stats.

And if they were to be separated, then chasers would have to be born chasers and thoroughbreds wouldn't be able to change to chasers just to pick up extra money from chaser races with low entries
Or it could be a simple code thing in the rankings since that stats are already coded separately on the horses profile.

Not too hard to add steeplechase almost like it’s own breed similar to QH or Pacer ect ect.

PS.... I’m sure the admin loves when people use the phrase “simple code thing” haha
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago Except the game already considers a TB a different breed when it becomes a steeplechaser. Their stats should be separate.

Or remove chasers from the breed filter.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago
Rochelle Zahacy wrote: 4 years ago Except the game already considers a TB a different breed when it becomes a steeplechaser. Their stats should be separate.

Or remove chasers from the breed filter.
Naw they are “special”. They deserve to be there own breed.

The fact that they have to be coded as a different type and converted to a chaser means they should be separated in the stats as a different type as well.

They jump things during a race, no one else does that.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Dave Trainer
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Dave Trainer »

They don't jump anything in bumper races. They aren't a different breed. We went through this the last time Danny suggested it.
Rochelle Bos
Hall of Fame

Post by Rochelle Bos »

But they have to be converted to a steeplechaser to compete in bumpers. The system already has them separate, the stats should be separate too.
KINGSWOOD
Pensioner Program

Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Dave Trainer wrote: 4 years ago They don't jump anything in bumper races. They aren't a different breed. We went through this the last time Danny suggested it.
So I can enter my non-steeplechaser in a bumper race?
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Post by Dylan Christensen »

Chasers are a totally different world from normal Thoroughbreds. Something I've heard quite often from the people biggest into the breed so why should chasers be considered the same stats wise? Only reason I can think of is because people want their non chaser Thoroughbred stats to look better than they really are
yeah
Katie Stepanian
Listed Stakes Winner

Post by Katie Stepanian »

Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago Chasers are a totally different world from normal Thoroughbreds. Something I've heard quite often from the people biggest into the breed so why should chasers be considered the same stats wise? Only reason I can think of is because people want their non chaser Thoroughbred stats to look better than they really are
And what purpose would that serve? Stop demonising chaser players.

With regards to chasers being converted, maybe they shouldn’t have to be and could run under both ‘codes’... like in real life ;) Joke!

I wouldn’t object to chaser stats being separate.
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Katie Stepanian wrote: 4 years ago
Dylan Christensen wrote: 4 years ago Chasers are a totally different world from normal Thoroughbreds. Something I've heard quite often from the people biggest into the breed so why should chasers be considered the same stats wise? Only reason I can think of is because people want their non chaser Thoroughbred stats to look better than they really are
And what purpose would that serve? Stop demonising chaser players.

With regards to chasers being converted, maybe they shouldn’t have to be and could run under both ‘codes’... like in real life ;) Joke!

I wouldn’t object to chaser stats being separate.
Not trying to demonize chaser players, just trying to say that the logic of a select few confuses me
yeah
Dylan Christensen
Hall of Fame

Emmie Kay wrote: 4 years ago
Quite a harsh statement being hurled towards chaser. breeders...yikes.
Seems that statement came off wrong and I'm sorry. I wasn't meaning to generalize I was just saying that's the only reason I can think of to not switch
yeah